The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

NAWS China Lake package by Desmond Burrell & John Stinstrom

Post all questions and problems with official MAIW Packages for FS9 in this forum. Each package has a dedicated thread for support.
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

NAWS China Lake package by Desmond Burrell & John Stinstrom

Post by Greg »

Post any and all support related comments for this package in this thread. The Package Manager will look into your problem as soon as possible.

NOTE: Support for FSX users will not be offered in this thread. Instead FSX support can be had by posting questions in the MAIW Packages in FSX support thread located here.
jaguar1
Captain
Captain
Version: FS9

Re: NAWS China Lake package by Desmond Burrell & John Stinstrom

Post by jaguar1 »

Haven't been on the site for a while so had a quick look and BOOM China Lake :D :D :mrgreen: downloading now. Thanks to everyone involved with this package.
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

Post by Victory103 »

I just asked about this last month and here it is! Is the VX-31 CoNA Hornet paint the same as "djnocturnal's"?
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by MIKE JG »

Yes, same one.
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
RKE
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by RKE »

Sweet, thanks a lot to all involved 8)
djnocturnal
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by djnocturnal »

I did make a correction to the color of the Cona hornet so it is a little different from the one on my site.
f4nutter
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by f4nutter »

thx very much all involved nice package :lol:
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Victory103 »

In FS9 are all the elevations the same, ie is the UAV runway the same as China Lake's main runways/ramp.

Does the "5-wet" Super Hornet having any special animations while airborne?

Bravo Zulu for whomever did the repaints, outstanding job on the weathering, very dirty!
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
mikewmac
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by mikewmac »

Victory103 wrote:Does the "5-wet" Super Hornet having any special animations while airborne?
Yes, it does. Below is a link to a photo in which the lead aircraft portrays what the "F_5-Wet" model does above a certain altitude. :shock: 8) :lol:

Mike M.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... _F-18E.jpg
Last edited by mikewmac on 23 Mar 2012, 19:59, edited 1 time in total.
    Mike M.
    james84

Post by james84 »

Great job guys!
    Bobcat091
    Cadet
    Cadet

Post by Bobcat091 »

Hey there, I am a long time lurker, I never really post. He is right, they do use Coso. I have also been at KNID and have heard them on the scanner. I am not trying to cause an argument or anything. I am just supporting what he says. Based on your previous deletion of his and your reason was "...it's your personal opinion..." it's not his opinion he's just trying to help from all I see. If I have had an issue in the past with a callsign, I simply just go make it in Editvoicepack, but maybe some members don't know how to use that program. Just my 2 cents.

On a lighter note the package looks great! Keep up the awesome work guys!!

This forum is provided by MAIW as a service, free of charge just like our packages, to the people who use them. This is not a forum to tell us what you think the package should contain or what you believe to be the correct information. Every user is free to make their own packages or files if they don't like ours.

Complaining about something that was given to you free of charge is the most disrespectful thing anyone can do in this hobby. It's a slap in the face to all the people who put hours and hours of their PERSONAL time into putting these packages together so that others may enjoy them.

We are absolutely tired of people complaining about the packages. We probably should just close up shop at this point because people will just never get it.

If something doesn't work right in the package, please tell us.

If you have an opinion about the package, keep it to yourself.-Moderator
    jetmax
    Major
    Major

Post by jetmax »

Getting all the callsigns right for any package is like hearding cats. A few years ago I helped obtain the callsigns for the Seymour Johnson Package (I use to work there) and no sooner than the package was published the Wing Changes almost all of the callsigns.

Great Package, keep up the good work.
    Scott "Jetmax" Jones
    The Virtual Air National Guard
    Ask me how to join....
    http://www.flyvang.org/
    Stewart Pearson
    MAIW Staff
    MAIW Staff

Post by Stewart Pearson »

The point is guys, that this is a support forum for problems with the package.

The callsign COSO is not missing from the package - it was never included.

You want to make COSO and share it - then fine, post it in the My Projects forum.

It's all well and good sitting back and saying, well I've been there and I know this is a fact.

Since I make a lot of the callsigns and am based in Scotland, just how the hell am I meant to know every callsign of every unit in the USA? I make a "selection" of callsigns for units based upon internet research and my own personal knowledge.

That does not mean folks cannot add their own.
    Stew

"There is an art … to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
    reconmercs
    MAIW Veteran
    MAIW Veteran

Post by reconmercs »

Stewart Pearson wrote:The point is guys, that this is a support forum for problems with the package.

The callsign COSO is not missing from the package - it was never included.

You want to make COSO and share it - then fine, post it in the My Projects forum.

It's all well and good sitting back and saying, well I've been there and I know this is a fact.

Since I make a lot of the callsigns and am based in Scotland, just how the hell am I meant to know every callsign of every unit in the USA? I make a "selection" of callsigns for units based upon internet research and my own personal knowledge.

That does not mean folks cannot add their own.

What Stew said, but "blacklion10" needed to go, he's never contributed anything to this forum besides telling us what we got wrong :roll: I for one don't spend hours on end making packages for free just to see a guy whine about something he can easily fix himself.
    Bobcat091
    Cadet
    Cadet

Post by Bobcat091 »

Bobcat091 wrote:Hey there, I am a long time lurker, I never really post. He is right, they do use Coso. I have also been at KNID and have heard them on the scanner. I am not trying to cause an argument or anything. I am just supporting what he says. Based on your previous deletion of his and your reason was "...it's your personal opinion..." it's not his opinion he's just trying to help from all I see. If I have had an issue in the past with a callsign, I simply just go make it in Editvoicepack, but maybe some members don't know how to use that program. Just my 2 cents.

On a lighter note the package looks great! Keep up the awesome work guys!!

This forum is provided by MAIW as a service, free of charge just like our packages, to the people who use them. This is not a forum to tell us what you think the package should contain or what you believe to be the correct information. Every user is free to make their own packages or files if they don't like ours.

Complaining about something that was given to you free of charge is the most disrespectful thing anyone can do in this hobby. It's a slap in the face to all the people who put hours and hours of their PERSONAL time into putting these packages together so that others may enjoy them.

We are absolutely tired of people complaining about the packages. We probably should just close up shop at this point because people will just never get it.

If something doesn't work right in the package, please tell us.

If you have an opinion about the package, keep it to yourself.-Moderator
    Sorry for everyone getting upset, I wasn't complaining one bit. Like I said, for me IF I don't like it I can fix it myself (IF I have the abilities to.). I wasn't trying to disrespect anyone either, sorry if you have taken what I said the wrong way. I will stick to just lurking.

Also, closing up shop is a terrible idea. Keep up the good work guys!
    Greg
    MAIW Admin
    MAIW Admin

Post by Greg »

Don't worry about it buddy. Our quarrel is not with you.

Blacklion10 has received multiple warnings in the past, in case people think we're being unfair. He's made a destructive remark on every USN package we released lately. People please don't be afraid to post, just keep it constructive that's all we're asking.

Back on topic now.
    flyerkg
    Major
    Major

Post by flyerkg »

This was a great moment to find the China Lake package. I do hope we do not lose this site. I would sooner pay for your packages than see you close shop. You guys have certainly brought a lot of life to AI military and have given us an ingredient that was not always in the Flightsim releases.
    Thank you!

Keith
    DaleRFU
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Lieutenant Colonel

Post by DaleRFU »

Thanks guys, this is great. Just ignore what that guy was on about, until he makes packages and sees how hard it can be to gather information then he has no right to complain. Not that anyone should complain anyway.
    Please visit my YouTube channel @ https://www.youtube.com/user/daledelboy
    Victory103
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by Victory103 »

Another elevation check for FS9. I flew to all the NID waypoints to make sure they didn't create mountains in FSX (Yes I'll post this in the proper thread)only to discover the "deep hole" issue (>2000' deep). I do understand the elevation differences between the 2 sims, just wanted to check. I do realize these are just for AI, and most will probably never see them.

@Mike, thanks for the link, exactly what I was asking and now to make some FSR recordings with them, unbelievably cool.
    DUSTOFF
    ARMY PROPS
    NAVY SAR

-Chris
    Thud
    Second Lieutenant
    Second Lieutenant

Post by Thud »

Hi guys,

Great pack again!! Thanks a lot! But I was a bit worried when reading the frontpage....is this Des last pack or latest? Would be terrible if he quits...did I miss something?
    "He saluted us with something fighter pilots understand, a buzz job by the boss"
    Jack Broughton - Going Downtown