The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

USN and USMC Herks package by MAIW

Post all questions and problems with official MAIW Packages for FS9 in this forum. Each package has a dedicated thread for support.
bigfoot
Cadet
Cadet
Version: FS9

Post by bigfoot »

I've been having these harddrive space isseus. Therefore i've been deleting a lot of special registation texture en assigning them all to one specific base texture. No problem here.

But during this proces i found out that in the WoA_HTAI_C-130H folder created by this package, a lot of texture folders are'nt assigned in the Aircraft.cfg. This package adds some 40 aircraft folders. But i found only 10 assignment in the cfg. These where all "Reach" aircraft and not US Navy aircraft.
So i thought there must be a packages which just overwrites the aircraft.cfg instead of adding it's aircrafts in the cfg. Because the first package that i installed was this us navy marine herc's. So someother package that i installed after this one overwrite the cfg. But i can't find out which one it is.

The folowing entry are the 10 aircraft's from the packages who overwrites completely the original aircraft.cfg.

title=WoA_HTAI_C130H_RCH_XX_39
title=WoA_HTAI_C130H_RCH_XX_40
title=WoA_HTAI_C-130H_RCH_XX_142_84-0206
title=WoA_HTAI_C-130H_RCH_XX_142_84-0208
title=WoA_HTAI_C-130H_RCH_XX_142_84-0212
title=WoA_HTAI_C-130H_RCH_XX_142_84-0213
title=WoA_HTAI_C-130H_RCH_XX_156_93-1453
title=WoA_HTAI_C-130H_RCH_XX_156_93-1454
title=WoA_HTAI_C-130H_RCH_XX_156_93-1458
title=WoA_HTAI_C-130H_RCH_XX_156_93-1459
title=WoA_HTAI_C-130H_RCH_XX_156_93-1561

greating from the Netherlands

Victor
BadPvtDan
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Post by BadPvtDan »

Hi Victor,
That was a problem with the WOAI installer. New packages were overwriting the aircraft.cfg. That is the reason why we went to the new executable format. I'm sorry to say there is no fix.
"The first rule of Zombieland: Cardio. When the zombie outbreak first hit, the first to go, for obvious reasons... were the fatties."
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Hi Victor,
I think that you are trying to find out which packages those aircraft are from. If that is correct then there are two the MAIW USAF Seaboard ANG and the MAIW Dyess AFB B-1B Package.

If you were to download them and install them manually, i.e. install them somewhere safe, then you will be able to copy the necessary entries across to your FS9 folders.

I hope this helps.
Steve
james84

Re: USN and USMC Herks package by MAIW

Post by james84 »

Hello all,
I think I'm having some issues with this package... definitely my mistake because I usually put the aircrafts of the same type into the same folder... how many Hercules do you have at Miramar? I can count only 3 with 6-balde props!
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Well there was a statement somewhere that says to make sure that you don't use the Top Gun package afcad with the USN/USMC Herks as not all the birds would show up, due to parking restrictions. This isn't your problem is it?

There are a total of 12x C-130Js in the package so that's the max that you should see there.
Steve
james84

Post by james84 »

Firebird wrote:Well there was a statement somewhere that says to make sure that you don't use the Top Gun package afcad with the USN/USMC Herks as not all the birds would show up, due to parking restrictions. This isn't your problem is it?

There are a total of 12x C-130Js in the package so that's the max that you should see there.
Thanks, Firebird!
I don't have the Topgun package aircrafts but I extracted the scenery from it.
I'm sure I made some mistake in removing some Herc... I'll check and let you know!
james84

Post by james84 »

I think I sorted it out: both aircrafts and flightplans seemed installed correctly, so I checked the afcads: there were two afcads for Miramar on my PC, both from MAIW. One was meant to be used with the default scenery and was accompanied by an exclude file, the latter was for the scenery included in the Topgun package, which had only 3 parking spots big enought to host a Herc or bigger aircrafts. I removed the default ones and changed the other afcad changing three of the cargo spots in order to have them bigger... let's see what happens!
james84

Post by james84 »

Done!
It was all about the afcad that couldn't host all the planes!
Last edited by james84 on 14 Dec 2009, 07:02, edited 1 time in total.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Glad my memory held up. :lol:
Good to see that your problem is solved.
Steve
mikewmac
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran
Version: P3D

Post by mikewmac »

james84 wrote:Done!
I will gladly share the afcad file if you are interested, just PM me.
James,

Please understand that the MAIW NAS Miramar AFCAD included in the MAIW TopGun package, not the MAIW USN & USMC Herks package, is a retro AFCAD and represents NAS Miramar during the time of TopGun, not the MCAS Miramar of today. That is why it intentionally had limited parking for larger AI aircraft and why it was never claimed to be nor distributed as an MAIW MCAS Miramar AFCAD. The MAIW USN & USMC Herks package included an MCAS Miramar AFCAD and that is the one that should be used.

Thanks,

Mike
    Mike M.
    james84

Post by james84 »

mikewmac wrote:
    james84 wrote:Done!
    I will gladly share the afcad file if you are interested, just PM me.
    James,

Please understand that the MAIW NAS Miramar AFCAD included in the MAIW TopGun package, not the MAIW USN & USMC Herks package, is a retro AFCAD and represents NAS Miramar during the time of TopGun, not the MCAS Miramar of today. That is why it intentionally had limited parking for larger AI aircraft and why it was never claimed to be nor distributed as an MAIW MCAS Miramar AFCAD. The MAIW USN & USMC Herks package included an MCAS Miramar AFCAD and that is the one that should be used.

Thanks,

Mike
    Understood! :)
    dk1213
    Major
    Major
    Version: FSX

Post by dk1213 »

Hint: If you leave TOP GUN flight plans for the f-14's that fly to fallon it will not interfere and give you some decent f-14's in your sim. Use the Herk's afcad and scenery.
    -DAN KARSZNIA-

Military Aviation Addict
    Victory103
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by Victory103 »

No issues, other than my lame working of the old WoA program. I accidentally deleted the old package and re-installed, and of course got the issue Victor mentioned above with missing aircraft.cfg entries for both HTAI C-130H's from this and Maxwell AFB packages. I'm just in need of the fltsim.xx entries for both .cfg's. Thanks in advance.
    DUSTOFF
    ARMY PROPS
    NAVY SAR

-Chris
    lewis
    MAIW Developer
    MAIW Developer

Post by lewis »

Here they are.
    Attachments
    C-130H_Config.zip
    (1.82 KiB) Downloaded 46 times
    maddog65
    MAIW Veteran
    MAIW Veteran

Post by maddog65 »

If you want to keep the package up to date because of BRAC, VR-62 moved from NAS Brunswick to NAS Jax
    https://www.cnic.navy.mil/Jacksonville/ ... /index.htm
    Les
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by Victory103 »

lewis you are the MAN, thanks!

MD, yes sir I moved them about the same time they moved real world, and moved the P-3 squadrons from Brunswick in the old pre-MAIW New England Mil package. After writing all missing .cfg entries down, I didn't realize some VR squadrons had so many Herks.
    DUSTOFF
    ARMY PROPS
    NAVY SAR

-Chris