The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Pensacola Texans Support Thread

Post all questions and problems with official MAIW Packages for FS9 in this forum. Each package has a dedicated thread for support.
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

Pensacola Texans Support Thread

Post by Greg »

Post support related comments for this package in this thread. The Package Manager will look into your problem as soon as possible.

NOTE 1: Keep this thread clean and post ONLY support related comments here. For all other discussions about this package, please reply to the release announcement.

NOTE 2: We will only provide support for bugs in our packages, not for conflicts with other addons in a user's highly modified simulator setup.

NOTE 3: Support for FSX users will not be offered in this thread. Instead FSX community support can be had from other users by posting questions in our "Unofficial Flight Simulator X Forums".
RKE
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: P3D

Re: Pensacola Texans Support Thread

Post by RKE »

Just a quick heads up, the model.cfg in the model.Dual_Clean_no_Cover folder has normal=Dual_Clean_no_Cover.mdl which might cause some users trouble :wink:

Edit: Same thing with model.Single_Clean_no_Cover
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by MIKE JG »

Good catch on that one.

Fixed version is now uploaded.
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
fishlips

Post by fishlips »

Do people really open the model folder looking for .mdl, that's extraordinary. Could somebody enlighten me as to what problems .mdl can cause, I'm really interested to know!
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Post by campbeme »

fishlips wrote:Do people really open the model folder looking for .mdl, that's extraordinary. Could somebody enlighten me as to what problems .mdl can cause, I'm really interested to know!
It causes no in game problems, but does stop the models showing up in third party viewing programmes like FSrepaint. So it is ideal to remove the .mdl

Mark
Mark
fishlips

Post by fishlips »

It causes no in game problems, but does stop the models showing up in third party viewing programmes like FSrepaint. So it is ideal to remove the .mdl
Ok, thanks for that Mark.
Does that mean I should remove the region specific hard coded format from the model also, just kinding! :P
RKE
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by RKE »

fishlips wrote:Do people really open the model folder looking for .mdl, that's extraordinary. Could somebody enlighten me as to what problems .mdl can cause, I'm really interested to know!
I don't, but as a force of habit, I run the MRAI Installer to check the integrity of my aircraft folder, and that does pick it up. Which was why I wrote it may cause problems for some users :wink:
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Joseph29 »

Is there any difference between this Pensacola scenery and the one that was in the NAS Pensacola package?
reconmercs
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran
Version: FS9

Post by reconmercs »

Joseph29 wrote:Is there any difference between this Pensacola scenery and the one that was in the NAS Pensacola package?
the AFCAD is slightly updated in the Pensacola Texans package so if you download the other packages (NAS Pensacola & USAF T-1s, make sure you either install pensacola texans or make a copy of the afcad before you install those)
EDDT-Sebi
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by EDDT-Sebi »

Hello Support MAIW,
I install this MAIW Pensacola Texans, i read all 100%! All other MAIW Scenery work fine, but one Pensacola NAS scenery work not, not building..! Where is other problem? See picture..!

regard
Sebastian
I am deaf. Though i try my very best
my linguistic possibilities are limited:
i will make mistakes.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Have you checked to see if there are any excludes around?
Steve
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by MIKE JG »

Sebastian, have you checked your FS9 scenery settings to make sure that your scenery is set to at least "dense" ??

I only say this because I too had this exact same problem last week and even after all these years, had forgotten that I had turned off all of my scenery settings the previous time I had been using FS9.

Sometimes it is the most simple things that get us.
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
EDDT-Sebi
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by EDDT-Sebi »

Thanks..! I found it! double scenery..!! Work fine now..!

Sebastian
I am deaf. Though i try my very best
my linguistic possibilities are limited:
i will make mistakes.
Stewart Pearson
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by Stewart Pearson »

Good to know Sebastian - well done. :smt023
Stew

"There is an art … to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Victory103 »

Just spent last weekend in Pcola and drove to the flightline to check out the set up. There are now ramp shades in front of VT-4's hangar, but surprising to me the T-45 line is still not covered. On the south ramp, a row of T-6's were facing the hangars, and all Toners were under shades.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
reconmercs
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by reconmercs »

Thanks for the heads up Chris 8) if we add more traffic there, we'll make the adjustments to the scenery as well.
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Victory103 »

Thanks I guess it's more for the scenery guy and the packs cover NAS nicely now, vice the T-39's, which will not be around much longer anyway.

Just landed with a NPA T-6A (callsign CAT650) in the pattern with me at KABY, GA real world. Cool to see the same tail number in the sim!
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris