The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Hellenic F-4 Phantoms Support Thread

Post all questions and problems with official MAIW Packages for FS9 in this forum. Each package has a dedicated thread for support.
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

Hellenic F-4 Phantoms Support Thread

Post by Greg »

Post support related comments for this package in this thread. The Package Manager will look into your problem as soon as possible.

NOTE 1: Keep this thread clean and post ONLY support related comments here. For all other discussions about this package, please reply to the release announcement.

NOTE 2: We will only provide support for bugs in our packages, not for conflicts with other addons in a user's highly modified simulator setup.

NOTE 3: Support for FSX users will not be offered in this thread. Instead FSX community support can be had from other users by posting questions in our "Unofficial Flight Simulator X Forums".
plumber
Captain
Captain
Version: FS9

Re: New Package: Hellenic Phantoms

Post by plumber »

Have installed this package, however the scenery file could not be installed due to earlier Greek package,within the Add On Scenery File. Will this be a problem?
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Which scenery file(s) in particular are causing you problems?
Steve
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Post by campbeme »

plumber wrote:Have installed this package, however the scenery file could not be installed due to earlier Greek package,within the Add On Scenery File. Will this be a problem?
It's designed to copy straight over the top of the old one. It will then keep the files from the older packs and add the new files to them. Keeps everything in one place.

Mark
Mark
plumber
Captain
Captain

Post by plumber »

The system will not allow me to ADD this file, should I just copy the content directly into the existing File in Add On Scenery?
Regards
Brian H
viper810

Re: Hellenic F-4 Phantoms Support Thread

Post by viper810 »

Something strange happend. F-16D number 612 took of and didn't retract the landing gear and flew at 2200ft straight constantly.
Garysb
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by Garysb »

viper810 wrote:Something strange happend. F-16D number 612 took of and didn't retract the landing gear and flew at 2200ft straight constantly.
It could be that its a VFR flight and a miss match with your viewing proggy

Are you using TVB to view the flight?

Gary
I believe that every human has a finite number of heart-beats. I don't intend to waste any of mine running around doing exercises.
Buzz Aldrin (1930 -
redskin727
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by redskin727 »

Hello! great package, however I do not see any airbase scenery at the airfields, only the F-4's. I have activated the scenery
properly within FS, and all folders and subfolders are in the right place. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

If you don't see the scenery, and we take it as read that you have activated the scenery correctly, then the most obvious cause is that you have other scenery which is wiping out this scenery. Probably an exclude or excludes.

To see if this is the case, simply, make a safe copy of your scenery.cfg, and then remove everything from your cfg with the exception of the default MS folders AND the folders needed to be added for this package.

This additional step is also advisable, just in case the offending item(s) are in your 'Addon Scenery/scenery' folder, rename your 'Addon Scenery/scenery' to 'Addon Scenery/scenery_saved' then create a new clean scenery folder under 'Addon Scenery'.
It doesn't matter about the afcads from this package in that folder as they are for waypoints and we are only testing to see if the scenery shows up.

Now load FS9. The scenery should be visible. If it doesn't then one of two things are the cause, either you have some exclude(s) in the default MS folders or you haven't added the scenery properly.
Now assuming the scenery shows the after shutting down FS9 delete the clean empty 'scenery' folder and rename 'scenery_saved' to 'scenery'. Now reload. If the scenery disappears then your culprit(s) are in the 'Addon Scenery/scenery' folder and you need to work out where. If the scenery does still appear then the culprit is in one of your addon folders from your original scenery.cfg which you can revert back to and work out the cause.
Steve
plumber
Captain
Captain

Post by plumber »

With respect to my previous query on this package, what are my options.
Do I just re download and install over earlier version, or is there another option?
Regards
Brian H
Garysb
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by Garysb »

Brian
Just copy the scenery package into the existing Hellenic airforce bases
and update as required

That should do it

What op system are you using?

Gary
I believe that every human has a finite number of heart-beats. I don't intend to waste any of mine running around doing exercises.
Buzz Aldrin (1930 -
viper810

Post by viper810 »

Garysb wrote:
viper810 wrote:Something strange happend. F-16D number 612 took of and didn't retract the landing gear and flew at 2200ft straight constantly.
It could be that its a VFR flight and a miss match with your viewing proggy

Are you using TVB to view the flight?

Gary
No i was just looking with the mobile tower.
plumber
Captain
Captain

Post by plumber »

Thanks Gary, I have just copied the content of each individual file into the relevent one within the Add-On-Scenery file.
I will check it later to see what I get.
I am running Windows XP Home Edition.
Regards
Brian H
redskin727
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by redskin727 »

Thanks for the replies, but no joy. I've tried everything to get the scenery to show up, and I'm quite
proficient with scenery install (I have all the MAIW packages). Scanafcad shows no duplicates either. :|
Stewart Pearson
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by Stewart Pearson »

redskin727 wrote:Thanks for the replies, but no joy. I've tried everything to get the scenery to show up, and I'm quite
proficient with scenery install (I have all the MAIW packages). Scanafcad shows no duplicates either. :|
Sounds like an "altitude" problem (ie scenery is below ground).

Do you have any meshes installed? Such as Ultimate Terrain?
Stew

"There is an art … to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
redskin727
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by redskin727 »

No ultimate terrain for that area
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by campbeme »

redskin727 wrote:No ultimate terrain for that area
Are you having the same problem with all three bases in this package. Also have got any problems with the HAF A7 package and HAF trainers package. I only ask as they share the same scenery folder?

Mark
Mark
redskin727
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by redskin727 »

HAF A-7 scenery is ok, but all 3 (LGAD,LGLR,LGSR) sceneries are no go.
Garysb
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by Garysb »

Have you got more than two folders in the hellenic folder?

Gary
Buzz Aldrin (1930 -
Alan Robertson
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Alan Robertson »

redskin727 wrote:HAF A-7 scenery is ok, but all 3 (LGAD,LGLR,LGSR) sceneries are no go.
Check if you have an Addon Scenery folder called 'HSP Greece'. I found a number of 3rd party files in there for a couple of the bases and, once they were removed, the MAIW scenery showed up.
Regards,

Alan