The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

157th Air Refueling Wing support thread

Post all questions and problems with official MAIW Packages for FS9 in this forum. Each package has a dedicated thread for support.
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

157th Air Refueling Wing support thread

Post by Greg »

Post support related comments for this package in this thread. The Package Manager will look into your problem as soon as possible.

NOTE 1: Keep this thread clean and post ONLY support related comments here. For all other discussions about this package, please reply to the release announcement.

NOTE 2: We will only provide support for bugs in our packages, not for conflicts with other addons in a user's highly modified simulator setup.

NOTE 3: Support for FSX users will not be offered in this thread. Instead FSX community support can be had from other users by posting questions in our "Unofficial Flight Simulator X Forums".
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Re: 157th Air Refueling Wing support thread

Post by MIKE JG »

All good now, proceed with download. :mrgreen:
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
petebramley
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: P3D

Post by petebramley »

quick question ref the K135

Will the refuelling version (when it shows the light of day) be
backward compatible with the two packages already released ??

:?: :?:
Pete B
Retired and busier than ever !!
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by MIKE JG »

Yes, you will be able to swap them out. The refueling versions use one extra small texture so if you chose to make a certain serial number aircraft use one of the refueling models instead, you will only need to add this one small file to that aircraft's texture folder.
-Mike G.

petebramley
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by petebramley »

Thanks Mike

Thats good to hear

:D :D
Pete B
Retired and busier than ever !!
Christopher Low
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Christopher Low »

The wingspan and wing area in the aircraft.cfg file are given as 45.8 feet and 312 square feet respectively. This is clearly incorrect, and results in the KC135s parking in some very silly places. I think that these are the figures in metres...
Stewart Pearson
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FS9

Post by Stewart Pearson »

Christopher Low wrote:The wingspan and wing area in the aircraft.cfg file are given as 45.8 feet and 312 square feet respectively. This is clearly incorrect, and results in the KC135s parking in some very silly places. I think that these are the figures in metres...
The parking radius (which determines the parking) is set to 34 metres.
Stew

"There is an art … to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
mikewmac
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by mikewmac »

Christopher Low wrote:The wingspan and wing area in the aircraft.cfg file are given as 45.8 feet and 312 square feet respectively. This is clearly incorrect, and results in the KC135s parking in some very silly places. I think that these are the figures in metres...
Chris,

The wing span and wing area were intentionally set to those low values while developing its AI FDE in order to have the MAIW KC-135R fly tighter VFR patterns and successful VFR TNG's in FS9. The only time those low values are a problem is in FSX for which the MAIW KC-135R and its AI FDE were not developed to be used in. In FS9 there is no such thing as an incorrect setting in the AI FDE. It's all about what works to accomplish the most realistic AI performance in FS9.

I'm sorry that this has caused you problems in FSX, but all of my AI FDE's are developed and intended for use in FS9 only.

Mike M
Last edited by mikewmac on 18 Aug 2012, 10:30, edited 1 time in total.
    Mike M.
    MIKE JG
    MAIW Developer
    MAIW Developer

Post by MIKE JG »

I give up......... :wallbash:
    -Mike G.

JohnStinstrom
    MAIW Veteran
    MAIW Veteran

Post by JohnStinstrom »

I may be missing the mark but can't the wingspan be adjusted quite easily with AFCAD or several other tools? Personally I have adjusted several aircraft to help restrict their parking to preferred spots.
    mikewmac
    MAIW Veteran
    MAIW Veteran

Post by mikewmac »

JohnStinstrom wrote:I may be missing the mark but can't the wingspan be adjusted quite easily with AFCAD or several other tools? Personally I have adjusted several aircraft to help restrict their parking to preferred spots.
    John,

In FS9 the AI aircraft radius built into the aircraft model can be adjusted using AFCAD or several other tools, but FSX doesn't use that model parameter to control parking and uses wingspan in the aircraft.cfg file instead. Unfortunately if you change the wingspan in the aircraft.cfg file of an AI model it will change its flight performance. :(

It's just another thing that the developers at Aces changed in FSX that makes the conversion of FS9 addons to FSX so difficult. :(

Mike M
      Mike M.
      Firebird
      MAIW Admin
      MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Yes, John. For FS9 you can use a few tools to amend the parking spot size for the aircraft.
      For FSX it doesn't use the mdl size but uses the wingspan in the aircraft.cfg file.
      Amending the wingspan in the cfg file will amend the flying characteristics for both FS9 and FSX. So for FS9 uses don't touch the wingspan, for FSX users try not to touch it as the results can be unpredictable behaviour.
      Steve
      CelticWarrior
      Lieutenant Colonel
      Lieutenant Colonel
      Version: FSX

Post by CelticWarrior »

I believe the simple answer for FSX is to make sure the parking spot sizes match the wingspan size (correct me if I'm wrong and it's the half wingspan size) of the FS9 aircraft.cfg file and ensure that the codes are correct. IIRC (and it's been quite some time since I did any of this) FSX honours the parking code before anything else.
      "We attack tomorrow under cover of daylight! It's the last thing they'll be expecting ... a daylight charge across the minefield .."
      Firebird
      MAIW Admin
      MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

You are correct, CW. Both systems honour the parking codes before anything else. I believe the issue rears it's ugly mostly when the aircraft is away from home base.
      Steve
      JohnStinstrom
      MAIW Veteran
      MAIW Veteran

Post by JohnStinstrom »

In FS9 the AI aircraft radius built into the aircraft model can be adjusted using AFCAD or several other tools, but FSX doesn't use that model parameter to control parking and uses wingspan in the aircraft.cfg file instead. Unfortunately if you change the wingspan in the aircraft.cfg file of an AI model it will change its flight performance.

It's just another thing that the developers at Aces changed in FSX that makes the conversion of FS9 addons to FSX so difficult.

Thanks Mike, another thing for us non-FDE guys to know about FSX. I think you're right about the parking Firebird and the only truly final solution may be when the dust settles and we all stop doing FS9 projects. :lol:. Then the fun can begin again when we take up the same issues in FSX . . . :shock: :!:
      sr01
      Major
      Major

Post by sr01 »

I dunno if anyone else is getting the same but the water tower isn't showing .Just the beacon and SAC logo texture hanging in the air ..
      Firebird
      MAIW Admin
      MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

I would triple check your installation, as I am assuming that you have double checked already. The reason I say this is that as the package has been out since August if it was a package problem there would have reports by now.

It might be worth checking that you only have the latest version of our libs in your FS paths. If you have multiple ones and you have an earlier version picked up it may have unpredictable results.
      Steve
      sr01
      Major
      Major

Post by sr01 »

Steve
      By "latest verison of our libs " you mean libraries ? Sorry for dumb question .
      I'd never noticed it before as I thought is was a hot air balloon placed there by AFX .
      There's also a USAF logo texture floating just above one of the ramps in the Cannon package
      Firebird
      MAIW Admin
      MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Yes, by libs I mean our object library bgls. Check to see if there are multiple versions in your fs9. If there are none it may that you have textures, for the libs, with the same name elsewhere.

The fact that you get the problem at Cannon AFB as well would seem to go with my theory. I would start with any libs that are in both packages.
      Steve
      sr01
      Major
      Major

Post by sr01 »

No dupes in PSM or the CVS package .@ PSM there is nothing east of the hangers except for the concrete tanks to the NE
      Triple checked and scenary deleted and put back in twice today .Problem duplicated on my laptop .