The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

6th Anniversary AI Airshow Support Thread

Post all questions and problems with official MAIW Packages for FS9 in this forum. Each package has a dedicated thread for support.
jerel2k7
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Re: 6th Anniversary AI Airshow Support Thread

Post by jerel2k7 »

Not trying to be funny here ... but when you say "installed correctly" ... I executed the .exe, verified any duplicate AFCADs did not exist and installed the voicepack callsigns. I just have a funny feeling that the Traffic_MAIW_NAS Pensacola.bgl did not get replaced/updated during the install. I'll have to verify when I get home. BTW, I am using ACA2005 a tool which I've used for years to check for AI errors which is how I caught this issue.

If the Traffic_MAIW_NAS Pensacola.bgl was truly updated on my setup ACA2005 would not have flagged an issue. The bgl would point to the aircraft associated with the new 6th anv aircraft folder aircraft.cfg files.

Is it possible to attach the updated Traffic_MAIW_NAS Pensacola.bgl to this thread as that would fix my problem? I can do a date/time stamp check as well to clarify what is currently in my FS setup(original vs updated). That's a good way to confirm if the installer actually updated the file.

Thank you.
AVSIM Library Director
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Post by campbeme »

You can do that yourself by extracting the package into a manual folder and copying files across.

Mark
Mark
jerel2k7
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by jerel2k7 »

Good idea, thanks!
AVSIM Library Director
mikewmac
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran
Version: P3D

Post by mikewmac »

jerel2k7 wrote:Good idea, thanks!
jerel2k7,

Please read my previous edited post. It dawned on me this afternoon what might be causing the issue you identified and I will have a simple fix ASAP that will only require a substitution of a new NBAI Blue Angels aircraft.cfg file for the current one. :wink:

Sorry for the confusion, but there was late change to the aircraft.cfg file that is causing those 4 original NBAI Blue Angels to not load. :(

Mike M
    Mike M.
    mikewmac
    MAIW Veteran
    MAIW Veteran

Post by mikewmac »

mikewmac wrote:
    jerel2k7 wrote:Good idea, thanks!
    jerel2k7,

Please read my previous edited post. It dawned on me this afternoon what might be causing the issue you identified and I will have a simple fix ASAP that will only require a substitution of a new NBAI Blue Angels aircraft.cfg file for the current one. :wink:

Sorry for the confusion, but there was late change to the aircraft.cfg file that is causing those 4 original NBAI Blue Angels to not load. :(

Mike M
    jerel2k7,

Please find attached a zip file containing the new aircraft.cfg file to be substituted into the MAIW_NBAI_F-18C-D_NAS Pensacola aircraft folder. Please test this out and let me know if it fixes the issue that you observed with 4 of the original NBAI Blue Angels not loading.

Thanks,

Mike M

PS: I suggest to all other users that you do not try this until jerel2k7 tests it to assure that it resolves the issue he discovered and by which time I will have also had time to thoroughly test it and assure that no other problems crop up using it. I will then post a final fix for this issue and ask Mike JG to substitute it into the installation package. Thanks.....Mike M
    MAIW 6th Anniversary AI Airshow 8-14-2012 Fix.zip
    (5.14 KiB) Downloaded 52 times
      Mike M.
      jerel2k7
      Second Lieutenant
      Second Lieutenant

Post by jerel2k7 »

Mike,

I applied the new aircraft.cfg and rescanned with ACA2005. Issues resolved!

Thanks,
      Jerel
      AVSIM Library Director
      Johnny Test
      First Lieutenant
      First Lieutenant
      Version: FS9

Post by Johnny Test »

Does anyone have an idea what can be causing this (see below screenshots)?

Thank You
      MIKE JG
      MAIW Developer
      MAIW Developer
      Version: MSFS

Post by MIKE JG »

You have more than one Pensacola AFD installed.
      -Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
      Johnny Test
      First Lieutenant
      First Lieutenant

Post by Johnny Test »

MIKE JG wrote:You have more than one Pensacola AFD installed.
      Thank You! :smt006
      Alan Robertson
      First Lieutenant
      First Lieutenant

Post by Alan Robertson »

My 'AI Traffic Check' is reporting the following aircraft as missing:

MAIW_KRMG_AI_PC-9_6th_Airshow-6-Ship-A
      MAIW_NBMG_AI_F18C_6th_Bday_Airshow_BA_Solo_Roll
      Regards,

Alan
      Firebird
      MAIW Admin
      MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Alan,
      I found the issue with the second one. That aircraft title is used in the
      'Aircraft_MAIW_6th_Airshow_KNPA_Flybys.txt file but is not actually used in the compiled bgl which is why you can't find it. (No flightplan) so it is not missing.

The second one was harder to find. In the same txt file the aircraft is listed as 'MAIW_KRMG_AI_PC-9_6th_Airshow-6-Ship-A' whilst in the aircraft.cfg file it is listed as 'MAIW_KRMG_AI_PC-9_6th_Airshow_6-Ship-A'.

The difference being between 'Airshow' and '6''

A simple way to fix the problem is to amend the aircraft title.
      Steve
      mikewmac
      MAIW Veteran
      MAIW Veteran

Post by mikewmac »

jerel2k7 wrote:Mike,

I applied the new aircraft.cfg and rescanned with ACA2005. Issues resolved!

Thanks,
      Jerel
      Thanks Jerel,

That's great. I'll do some testing this morning to assure that this fix doesn't affect anything else adversely and then have a permanent change made to the MAIW 6th Anniversary AI Airshow installation package. :D

Thanks again for finding this problem for the weekday flights of 4 of the original MAIW NAS Pensacola NBAI Blue Angels and testing the fix so quickly. :D

Mike M
        Mike M.
        mikewmac
        MAIW Veteran
        MAIW Veteran

Post by mikewmac »

Firebird wrote:Alan,
        'Aircraft_MAIW_6th_Airshow_KNPA_Flybys.txt file but is not actually used in the compiled bgl which is why you can't find it. (No flightplan) so it is not missing.

The second one was harder to find. In the same txt file the aircraft is listed as 'MAIW_KRMG_AI_PC-9_6th_Airshow-6-Ship-A' whilst in the aircraft.cfg file it is listed as 'MAIW_KRMG_AI_PC-9_6th_Airshow_6-Ship-A'.

The difference being between 'Airshow' and '6''

A simple way to fix the problem is to amend the aircraft title.
        Alan,

Thanks for finding those bloopers. I'll fix them and include them in a general tuneup for the package that I am working on.

Steve,

Thanks for identifying what caused these. Fixing them will be a lot easier now that you have identified the sources.

Mike M
          Mike M.
          Alan Robertson
          First Lieutenant
          First Lieutenant

Post by Alan Robertson »

[quote="mikewmac"][quote="Firebird"]Alan,

Mmmm. Surely, since 'AI Traffic Check' is looking for missing aircraft in the compiled traffic bgl files then it is indeed missing or am I being thick (don't answer that)?
          Regards,

Alan
          mikewmac
          MAIW Veteran
          MAIW Veteran

Post by mikewmac »

Alan Robertson wrote:
          mikewmac wrote:
          Firebird wrote:Alan,

Mmmm. Surely, since 'AI Traffic Check' is looking for missing aircraft in the compiled traffic bgl files then it is indeed missing or am I being thick (don't answer that)?
          Allan,

I've never used 'AI Traffic Check' so I am sure how it works. Does it define which traffic files are missing these AI? If so, that info would be very helpful, especially on the missing MAIW_NBMG_AI_F18C_6th_Bday_Airshow_BA_Solo_Roll.

I've already fixed the issue with the missing MAIW_KRMG_AI_PC-9_6th_Airshow-6-Ship-A that you found and Steve defined the cause of. That was an actual functional problem and was causing the Roulettes' 6-ship A formation to not show up in the initial flybys. Thanks for finding that. :D

The missing MAIW_NBMG_AI_F18C_6th_Bday_Airshow_BA_Solo_Roll is a different story. It is kind of a good news, bad news situation. The good news is that it does not cause any functional problems in the airshow because it is not used in any of the airshow traffic files. The bad news is that I'm not absolutely sure if Steve's hypothesis for the cause is correct. I had a number of other AI listed in the Aircraft_MAIW_6th_Airshow_KNPA_Flybys.txt that I didn't use in the Flightplans_MAIW_6th_Airshow_KNPA_Flybys.txt and therefore in that traffic file and they didn't show up in your check as missing. However, all these others entries were used in at least one of the other two traffic files and that may be causing this issue. In any event, I have deleted MAIW_NBMG_AI_F18C_6th_Bday_Airshow_BA_Solo_Roll entry from the Aircraft_MAIW_6th_Airshow_KNPA_Flybys.txt file and hopefully this will fix what fortunately is only an administrative issue and not a functional problem as was the missing MAIW_KRMG_AI_PC-9_6th_Airshow-6-Ship-A.

Thanks again for finding these issues so that I can include a definite fix for the missing MAIW_KRMG_AI_PC-9_6th_Airshow-6-Ship-A and a potential fix for the missing MAIW_NBMG_AI_F18C_6th_Bday_Airshow_BA_Solo_Roll in the general tuneup that I am putting together for the MAIW 6th Anniversary AI Airshow package.

Mike M
            Mike M.
            Alan Robertson
            First Lieutenant
            First Lieutenant

Post by Alan Robertson »

Unfortunately, the 'AI Traffic Check' program doesn't identify a particular compiled bgl file that a missing aircraft file is from. However, I've decompiled (don't worry, I won't recompile them) the traffic files that came with the package and the offending entry is AC#311,536,"MAIW_NBMG_AI_F18C_6th_Bday_Airshow_BA_Solo_Roll" in the MAIW_6th_Airshow_KNPA_Flybys.bgl file. Hope that helps.

Aha, I now see that AC#311 wasn't actually utilised in the flightplan so no big deal, eh?
            Regards,

Alan
            mikewmac
            MAIW Veteran
            MAIW Veteran

Post by mikewmac »

Alan Robertson wrote:Unfortunately, the 'AI Traffic Check' program doesn't identify a particular compiled bgl file that a missing aircraft file is from. However, I've decompiled (don't worry, I won't recompile them) the traffic files that came with the package and the offending entry is AC#311,536,"MAIW_NBMG_AI_F18C_6th_Bday_Airshow_BA_Solo_Roll" in the MAIW_6th_Airshow_KNPA_Flybys.bgl file. Hope that helps.
            Thanks Alan,

Yes, that is the entry that I have removed. It must be that 'AI Traffic Check' checks all the aircraft listed in all 3 traffic files in this package and then checks to see if the aircraft.cfg files in the aircraft folders contain these exact entries and since a "MAIW_NBMG_AI_F18C_6th_Bday_Airshow_BA_Solo_Roll" is not present in any of the aircraft.cfg files it shows up as missing.

Fortunately, as I posted above, "MAIW_NBMG_AI_F18C_6th_Bday_Airshow_BA_Solo_Roll" is not flight planned to participate in the MAIW 6th Anniversary AI Airshow so this does not cause a functional problem. Nevertheless that entry has been removed and hopefully corrects this issue.

I'll have the MAIW 6th Anniversary AI Airshow package tuneup posted here later this morning and I would appreciate you running the 'AI Traffic Check' after you install it to see if I have these two issues fixed.

Thanks,

Mike M
              Mike M.
              mikewmac
              MAIW Veteran
              MAIW Veteran

Post by mikewmac »

Guys,

Please find below an attached zip file which contains a folder named MAIW 6th Anniversary AI Airshow 8-15-2012 Tuneup. This folder contains fixes for the issues discussed above along with a few others which are all located in the same folder structure used in the installation package. I would appreciate those of you that have experienced these issues along with any other interested parties to install these and check to see if the issues have been fixed without introducing any additional ones. :wink: :lol:

Thanks,

Mike M
              Last edited by mikewmac on 16 Aug 2012, 00:33, edited 1 time in total.
                Mike M.
                Alan Robertson
                First Lieutenant
                First Lieutenant

Post by Alan Robertson »

mikewmac wrote:Guys,

Please find below an attached zip file which contains a folder named MAIW 6th Anniversary AI Airshow 8-15-2012 Tuneup. This folder contains fixes for the issues discussed above along with a few others which are all located in the same folder structure used in the installation package. I would appreciate those of you that have experienced these issues along with any other interested parties to install these and check to see if the issues have been fixed without introducing any additional ones. :wink: :lol:

Thanks,

Mike
                MAIW 6th Anniversary AI Airshow 8-15-2012 Tuneup.zip
                Everything ok now at least as far as 'AI Traffic Check' is concerned. Many thanks for sorting it out.
                Regards,

Alan
                mikewmac
                MAIW Veteran
                MAIW Veteran

Post by mikewmac »

Alan Robertson wrote:
                mikewmac wrote:Guys,

Thanks,

Mike
                MAIW 6th Anniversary AI Airshow 8-15-2012 Tuneup.zip
                Everything ok now at least as far as 'AI Traffic Check' is concerned. Many thanks for sorting it out.
                Thanks Alan,

Since Jerel has also verified that his issue is resolved, I guess we have all the open issues resolved. :lol:

I also tidied up the departures of the airshow NBAI Blue Angels, Fat Albert and Eagle 1&2 Saturday afternoon and verified that the original 2 F-18C and 2 F-18D MAIW NAS Pensacola Blue Angels were returning later Saturday afternoon as they should. :wink:

Mike M
                  Mike M.