The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

6th Anniversary AI Airshow Support Thread

Post all questions and problems with official MAIW Packages for FS9 in this forum. Each package has a dedicated thread for support.
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Re: 6th Anniversary AI Airshow Support Thread

Post by MIKE JG »

Uploaded a new version with the fixes added.
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
f4nutter
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: P3D

Post by f4nutter »

i finally had time to sit and watch this package, wow Mike you put some great moves in there bud :D thanks to all involved, the last time i saw that F-111 formation was at mildenhall, love it.
mikewmac
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by mikewmac »

f4nutter wrote:i finally had time to sit and watch this package, wow Mike you put some great moves in there bud :D thanks to all involved, the last time i saw that F-111 formation was at mildenhall, love it.
Thanks Ray,

It was an MAIW group effort that I think turned out a pretty nice AI airshow. The MAIW model developers gave me some great welded formation models to work with, so hats off and thanks to them for making my job a real pleasure. :D
    Mike M.
    jinx
    Second Lieutenant
    Second Lieutenant
    Version: FS9

Post by jinx »

Hello to all,

First thanks for all your wonderful work.

Second, I have a few questions (and do now know if this is the right place to post), re the 6th anniv airshow.
    A. 6th Aiinv, airshow:
    Do I have to install the Pensacola Texans pack also? If yes, which one goes first?
    Since both the airshow and the Texans packages seem to have an afcad for KNPA, which one do I keep?
    Also, the Pensacola airfield in my system seems to have no tower comms. I did install the airshow pack once and had no tower and no show. 2-3 AI aircraft seemed to be parked and I saw they come from the Alphasim USS Enterprise carrier or its AI Traffic. Idecativated the Enterprise AI Traffic files and the aircraft were still there, so it may be another duplicate afcad somewhere.

B. Same questions for for UK Hawk packs (all Hawk-related ones, part 1, 2, Hawks, etc, Red Arrows and BoB too). Which of those go first and which last or does it not matter--I assume they have afcads named the same too.

C. I think that when more than one pack is involved in a traffic pack, the Readmes of all pack involved should tell us all that information--which one first, which last, or if order does not matter and what to do with your package afcads if they have the same name.
    You do state to look for duplicate afcads and delete them but what about duplicates from your packages?

D. Do I have to install the Editvoice pack mods or can I leave them out in all packages/ install them in some only?

E. Finally, how do I get to start a new topic of my own in the forums? I could not find such a button here.

Thanks

Any help would be appreciated.
    bismarck
    MAIW Developer
    MAIW Developer

Post by bismarck »

Hello Jinx, referring to your points A;B; C, a good rule to follow is to install the packages in the order in which they were released. In the readme of the packages there are instruction referred to previous packages, and What you
    have to delete from the previous one, if needed. I have reinstalled my setup more than one time and, following this procedure, I've never had problem.
    If you want to know in which order you have to install, you can refer here:
    http://www.interkultur.de/gossmann/fsx/maiw.php (from resource tab on the MAIW Home page).
    I suggest you also to read the entire thread for every package, to understand if something more must be done.

Point D: All work also if you do not install Editvoice pack. You just miss a nice feature
    Point E: In every forum, under its title there is a button "New Topic", I'm not sure if you as simple user, can open a new topic in every forums.

Regards, Giorgio
    jinx
    Second Lieutenant
    Second Lieutenant

Post by jinx »

Giorgio,

Mille Gracia,

I will do as you say.

Nick from Athens, Greece
    jinx
    Second Lieutenant
    Second Lieutenant

Post by jinx »

Giorgio,

The Readme's do not have the date the addons were made.
    I still cannot see the airshow and I have some wrong textures showing, like abuilding on the taxiway and fence on it and double markings on runway 1 and its other end.

I was unpleasantly surprised that the Readme's of the Pensacola Texans and the 6th anniversary airshow have no dates in them and that there is a lack of proper directions when these two addons are concerned and what should first and what 2nd, etc...
    Firebird
    MAIW Admin
    MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Jinx,
    As Bismarck says you can use the Owl's nest list to tell in which order packages come. The Pensacola is number 220 and the Anniversary is number 224. Therefore the T-6 package came first.
    Steve
    jinx
    Second Lieutenant
    Second Lieutenant

Post by jinx »

Thanks,

Those numbers explain it, I will try and see what happens.
    In fact, I am thinking of installing only the 6th Anniv. airshow pack and seeing if all shows, first, and then later install the Texans.
    Firebird
    MAIW Admin
    MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

I would do it the other way around. Purely because there are instructions in the airshow doc that may refer back to this installation.
    Steve
    jinx
    Second Lieutenant
    Second Lieutenant

Post by jinx »

Thanks Firebird,

What you say has sound logic, Will try that and get back here.....
    mikewmac
    MAIW Veteran
    MAIW Veteran

Post by mikewmac »

jinx wrote:Thanks,

Those numbers explain it, I will try and see what happens.
    In fact, I am thinking of installing only the 6th Anniv. airshow pack and seeing if all shows, first, and then later install the Texans.
    jinx

I think the following excerpt from the ReadMe file for the Military AI Works 6th Anniversary AI Airshow Package makes it very clear as to which MAIW packages must be installed prior to installing the Military AI Works 6th Anniversary AI Airshow Package.
    "The Military AI Works 6th Anniversary AI Airshow takes place Saturday mornings for ~2 hours and 14 minutes at Sherman Field (KNPA), NAS Pensacola and requires that at least the Military AI Works NAS Pensacola Complete Package and Military AI Works Pensacola Texans Complete Package be installed in FS9 in order to have the NAS Pensacola scenery and military aircraft present. It is optional to have the Military AI Works USAF T-1 Part 2 AI Package installed in order to have the T-1A’s of the 479th FTG also present. The Military AI Works 6th Anniversary AI Airshow Package includes all the custom airshow AI aircraft, AI FDE’s, repaints, AFCADs, flight plans, effect files and call sign files required for the AI airshow."
    Last edited by mikewmac on 18 Nov 2013, 01:31, edited 1 time in total.
      Mike M.
      jinx
      Second Lieutenant
      Second Lieutenant

Post by jinx »

Thanks Mike.

I finally saw some of the show but have not yet installed the other packs of the Readme.
      It is certainly excellent work, I can see.

I had some bugs with buildings and lamposts in odd spots but that came from having another Pensacola installed last August that I had forgotten about (the one by Team SBD and Mike Dews, which also includes a carrier off the beach with AI a/c coming and going. I deactivated that and the bugs went off the groundwork.

This addon must have taken months to do and seems to be excellent in all ways.
      mikewmac
      MAIW Veteran
      MAIW Veteran

Post by mikewmac »

jinx wrote:Thanks Mike.

I finally saw some of the show but have not yet installed the other packs of the Readme.
      It is certainly excellent work, I can see.

I had some bugs with buildings and lamposts in odd spots but that came from having another Pensacola installed last August that I had forgotten about (the one by Team SBD and Mike Dews, which also includes a carrier off the beach with AI a/c coming and going. I deactivated that and the bugs went off the groundwork.

This addon must have taken months to do and seems to be excellent in all ways.
      Thanks jinx,

I'm glad that you found your problems and are well on your way to getting it installed properly now. :D

Actually we created and released the Military AI Works 6th Anniversary AI Airshow package in a little less than a month. It took much longer to decide what to do to celebrate MAIW's 6th Anniversary than it did to create the actual airshow package. :lol:

Of course the scenery and many of the AI aircraft used were already created and our guys quickly created some great additional welded AI aircraft formations. I had already done a couple of other AI airshow packages including the Military AI Works 1st Anniversary AI Airshow package that we released and the learning from these other airshow projects was very helpful in reducing the time necessary to create this airshow package. :wink:
        Mike M.
        fishlips

Post by fishlips »

A wonderful show of AI aircraft used by MAIW, I can't wait to see what the future may bring with so many new models from both advanced technology and yesteryear. Could take an hour or so to watch them fly through. It's getting very realistic, like a real airshow. :P
        mikewmac
        MAIW Veteran
        MAIW Veteran

Post by mikewmac »

fishlips wrote:A wonderful show of AI aircraft used by MAIW, I can't wait to see what the future may bring with so many new models from both advanced technology and yesteryear. Could take an hour or so to watch them fly through. It's getting very realistic, like a real airshow. :P
        Mark,

For me your welded and/or animated AI models were a highlight of the MAIW 6th Anniversary AI Airshow's flybys. :shock: 8)
          Mike M.
          fishlips

Post by fishlips »

Thank's Mike for your kind words.
          The true stars belong to the many authors whom dedication to the hobby allowed such a wonderful package to be made.
          A major joint effort under the direction of and post production of Mike MacIntyre.
          Best regards,