The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

US Navy Airliners Part 2 Support Thread

Post all questions and problems with official MAIW Packages for FS9 in this forum. Each package has a dedicated thread for support.
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

US Navy Airliners Part 2 Support Thread

Post by Greg »

Post support related comments for this package in this thread. The Package Manager will look into your problem as soon as possible.

NOTE 1: Keep this thread clean and post ONLY support related comments here. For all other discussions about this package, please reply to the release announcement.

NOTE 2: We will only provide support for bugs in our packages, not for conflicts with other addons in a user's highly modified simulator setup.

NOTE 3: Support for FSX users will not be offered in this thread. Instead FSX community support can be had from other users by posting questions in our "Unofficial Flight Simulator X Forums".
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

Re: US Navy Airliners Part 2 Support Thread

Post by Joseph29 »

Does anyone know the name of the old MAIW USN USMC Herks traffic file? I can not find it on my system. I am not sure if I deleted it when US Navy Airliners part 1 was released or I am looking for it under a wrong file name.

I installed the package manually so it is not on the World of AI installer.
maddog65
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran
Version: FS9

Post by maddog65 »

That was one of the packs released thru WOA.
So the file would have been named
Traffic_00_WoA_US Navy and US Marine Corps C-130's_Su07.bgl.
Les
Colonel

Post by Joseph29 »

maddog65 wrote:That was one of the packs released thru WOA.
So the file would have been named
Traffic_00_WoA_US Navy and US Marine Corps C-130's_Su07.bgl.
Thanks. Looks like I deleted it already when US Navy Airliners part 1 of this series was released.
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Joseph29 »

Just installed the scenery and on runway 14\32 there is patches of grass bleeding through the runway (near the of of 14). And why don't the aircraft cast shadows option work right at this scenery? I have the option on but only some of the aircraft has shadows while other don't. (I am using FS9)
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by MIKE JG »

Sounds like you have an elevation issue on your setup. There can be several reasons for this. The most frequent cause is that when the scenery designer makes the scenery, the elevation on that person's setup is different than the elevation on your setup. This is due to add on mesh files which some people have installed and some don't.

There is no practical way to prevent this other than for everyone to use a default FS9 setup which is no fun.

However a flatten file can probably fix you up. You can also try adjusting the AFD file up or down a foot or so.
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
RKE
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by RKE »

Just so I'm sure I've removed the relevant old stuff:
VR-58 has gained an extra C40 and VR-62 has lost a C-130T, correct?
Alan Robertson
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Alan Robertson »

Joseph29 wrote:Just installed the scenery and on runway 14\32 there is patches of grass bleeding through the runway (near the of of 14). And why don't the aircraft cast shadows option work right at this scenery? I have the option on but only some of the aircraft has shadows while other don't. (I am using FS9)
You should just check your Addon Scenery/scenery folder for 10 exclude file starting with the name 'MAIW_KNIP_exclude.BGL' that I found there installed from a previous package. Removing them might fix the problem.
Regards,

Alan
reconmercs
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by reconmercs »

RKE wrote:Just so I'm sure I've removed the relevant old stuff:
correct, VR-58 should have four jets and VR-62 should have 3 -130s, at least those were the numbers when I completed the package which to be honest was months ago :lol: But as we have learned the military, especially the Navy changes airframes and paint schemes almost as often as you change under wear
Stewart Pearson
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by Stewart Pearson »

reconmercs wrote:
correct, VR-58 should have four jets and VR-62 should have 3 -130s, at least those were the numbers when I completed the package which to be honest was months ago :lol: But as we have learned the military, especially the Navy changes airframes and paint schemes almost as often as you change under wear

What? Nearly once a year??? :smt005
Stew

"There is an art … to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
petebramley
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by petebramley »

Stewart Pearson wrote:
reconmercs wrote:

What? Nearly once a year??? :smt005

I thought REAL Scotsmen wore nothing under their kilts :D
Pete B
Retired and busier than ever !!
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Joseph29 »

MIKE JG wrote:Sounds like you have an elevation issue on your setup. There can be several reasons for this. The most frequent cause is that when the scenery designer makes the scenery, the elevation on that person's setup is different than the elevation on your setup. This is due to add on mesh files which some people have installed and some don't.

There is no practical way to prevent this other than for everyone to use a default FS9 setup which is no fun.

However a flatten file can probably fix you up. You can also try adjusting the AFD file up or down a foot or so.
I don't have any mesh files for Florida installed. The only scenery I have for Florida is MAIW Pensecola scenery, MAIW Key West NAS, Fly Tampa's Tampa scenery (the second version), LatinVFR's Key West airport, Tropicalsim's Daytona Beach scenery, LatinVFR's Miami scenery and Drzewiecki Design's Miami City scenery. I will look at the AFD file later and see if adjusting that will fix the problems.

Alan Robertson wrote:
Joseph29 wrote:Just installed the scenery and on runway 14\32 there is patches of grass bleeding through the runway (near the of of 14). And why don't the aircraft cast shadows option work right at this scenery? I have the option on but only some of the aircraft has shadows while other don't. (I am using FS9)
You should just check your Addon Scenery/scenery folder for 10 exclude file starting with the name 'MAIW_KNIP_exclude.BGL' that I found there installed from a previous package. Removing them might fix the problem.
Checked and I don't have any of those files.
Stewart Pearson
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by Stewart Pearson »

petebramley wrote:I thought REAL Scotsmen wore nothing under their kilts :D
AT my age Pete - everything is worn under the kilt :cry:
Stew

"There is an art … to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
ardethomas
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by ardethomas »

Does anybody have crashes to desktop when selecting KNIP scenery?
I have checked for duplicate AFCADS, or scenery entries with no luck.
Any ideas?
By the way, where is the landclass file for KNIP?

UPDATE:
It happens during daytime only. It loads succesfully on nighttime.
May be a case of missing textures for VTPL and VTPP files?

Thanks for the help.
skyhigh10driver
Cadet
Cadet

Post by skyhigh10driver »

Hey guys, this looks like a GREAT package! I removed the WOA C-130s like you asked us to do but I do have a question about the USN Airliners Package 1 that you said we should remove. It's STILL got some planes that fly actively as far as I know so what should we do with them? Specifically, the C-12s out of McGuire. I work there and see 'em across from my parking lot every day (and a mighty nice new hanger they have, too). I'd hate to see them leave the virtual KWRI...what are your thoughts?
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Victory103 »

Want to confirm there are no NEW voicemod's for this pack?
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by MIKE JG »

Victory103 wrote:Want to confirm there are no NEW voicemod's for this pack?
As stated in the Readme file, that is correct.
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Joseph29 »

I tried adjusting the AFD file, but that did not fix the problem.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

skyhigh10driver wrote:Hey guys, this looks like a GREAT package! I removed the WOA C-130s like you asked us to do but I do have a question about the USN Airliners Package 1 that you said we should remove. It's STILL got some planes that fly actively as far as I know so what should we do with them? Specifically, the C-12s out of McGuire. I work there and see 'em across from my parking lot every day (and a mighty nice new hanger they have, too). I'd hate to see them leave the virtual KWRI...what are your thoughts?
Are you getting confused? The instructions were to remove the USN_USMC_Airliners package from 2008, which only contained C-9s and C-40s. The instructions were not about removing the USN Airliners part1 from a few months ago. That particular package was the first part in a series to replace the original USN/USMC Herks and USN Airliners packages to bring them up to date.
Steve
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

ardethomas wrote:Does anybody have crashes to desktop when selecting KNIP scenery?
I have checked for duplicate AFCADS, or scenery entries with no luck.
Any ideas?
By the way, where is the landclass file for KNIP?

UPDATE:
It happens during daytime only. It loads succesfully on nighttime.
May be a case of missing textures for VTPL and VTPP files?

Thanks for the help.
There is no landclass file with this package, as there wasn't for our first Jacksonville scenery. John is very good at looking at whether landclasses are needed and supplying them so he must think that one is not necessary this time.

On the textures front normally this means that either one of the textures is missing or has got corrupted. What I would suggest is manually install the package to a temporary folder and then copy all the textures over to your installation folders manually.
It is not as bad as it seems as all our packages are build in the structure of the FS9 folder hierarchy. There will be textures in both folders under 'Addon Scenery' as well as in the 'world' folder 'Scenery'.
If that does not fix the problem then try removing all your traffic files to a safe location and trying again. It could be that there is a missing or corrupt aircraft texture, sometimes 32bit textures on aircraft can cause this.

See what this does.
Steve