The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

158th Fighter Wing Support Thread

Post all questions and problems with official MAIW Packages for FS9 in this forum. Each package has a dedicated thread for support.
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

158th Fighter Wing Support Thread

Post by Greg »

Post support related comments for this package in this thread. The Package Manager will look into your problem as soon as possible.

NOTE 1: Keep this thread clean and post ONLY support related comments here. For all other discussions about this package, please reply to the release announcement.

NOTE 2: We will only provide support for bugs in our packages, not for conflicts with other addons in a user's highly modified simulator setup.

NOTE 3: Support for FSX users will not be offered in this thread. Instead FSX community support can be had from other users by posting questions in our "Unofficial Flight Simulator X Forums".
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

Re: 158th Fighter Wing Support Thread

Post by Joseph29 »

Not really a error, but the aircraft cfg has the callsigns as "Maple" but the readme says the callsign is "Magic". I am pretty sure it's just a mis print in the readme.
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Post by campbeme »

Joseph29 wrote:Not really a error, but the aircraft cfg has the callsigns as "Maple" but the readme says the callsign is "Magic". I am pretty sure it's just a mis print in the readme.
I was sure I corrected that in testing...Des my bad sorry.

Yes it is a typo in the readme.

Mark
Mark
mikewmac
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by mikewmac »

campbeme wrote:
Joseph29 wrote:Not really a error, but the aircraft cfg has the callsigns as "Maple" but the readme says the callsign is "Magic". I am pretty sure it's just a mis print in the readme.
I was sure I corrected that in testing...Des my bad sorry.

Yes it is a typo in the readme.

Mark
"Magic" was in the 134th FIS back in the day, but they never named a callsign after him. :lol:

Mike M.
    Mike M.
    Joseph29
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by Joseph29 »

I have a question about the parking. Where would C-130's park? Would they park with the F-16's or at the other ANG parking area? I have 2 C-130's going to KBTV and they are always parking in the cargo area with FedEx.
    mikewmac
    MAIW Veteran
    MAIW Veteran

Post by mikewmac »

Joseph29 wrote:I have a question about the parking. Where would C-130's park? Would they park with the F-16's or at the other ANG parking area? I have 2 C-130's going to KBTV and they are always parking in the cargo area with FedEx.
    Joseph29,

In the real world large military transport aircraft visiting the VT ANG park at the north end of the parking ramp just north of the the flightline hangars, but I was not involved with the development of the MAIW 158th Fighter Wing package and am not sure if and where parking for AI military transport aircraft was placed in the MAIW KBTV AFCAD.

BTW...There is no other VT ANG parking area at KBTV. The military facility, hangar and parking ramp at the north end of Rwy 15/33 is actually for the helicopters of the VT ARNG.

Mike M.
      Mike M.
      LEBTowerGuy

Post by LEBTowerGuy »

At most co-located ANG/Civil operations visiting transports will usually park at the FBO or Air Cargo ramp and be processed by contract services rather than the military. This is mostly due to the fact that most ANG operations do not have much in the way of transient services available, and FBOs are nicer.
      Jon
      Major
      Major

Post by Jon »

I've got a perplexing problem. Much of my military AI has disappeared (first noticed at BTV), but was working fine the other day. The scenery is fine. I've run ACA 2005 looking for the normal suspects (missing, sim, model). I also redownloaded the 158th package and ran the install as the admin (running windows 7).
      The following packages are also effected
      GLANG1
      CFB Trenton
      FAM (Mexican Air Force)
      Pensacola Texans
      C-17 AMC east Coast

Here's the real curve ball, Bangor KC-135's are still showing

Due to a windows hard crash and a corrupted backup I've been slowly reinstalling MAIW so I've only replaced a few packages thus far.

Any help or other thoughts is most appreciated.

Jon
      "To Err is Human, To Forgive is Divine. Neither of Which is SAC Policy."
      AIG Beta Tester, General Aviation painter
      campbeme
      MAIW Staff
      MAIW Staff

Post by campbeme »

Try moving your traffic slider back to 100%, it may have somehow gotten changed to a lower setting.
      Mark
      Jon
      Major
      Major

Post by Jon »

Mark,

Thanks that solved it :oops:

The why it dropped??

Jon
      "To Err is Human, To Forgive is Divine. Neither of Which is SAC Policy."
      AIG Beta Tester, General Aviation painter
      campbeme
      MAIW Staff
      MAIW Staff

Post by campbeme »

Jon wrote:Mark,

Thanks that solved it :oops:

The why it dropped??

Jon

The old ones are the best ones...lol. Glad your all sorted now. :D
      Mark
      JohnStinstrom
      MAIW Veteran
      MAIW Veteran
      Version: FS9

Post by JohnStinstrom »

Joseph29
      I have a question about the parking. Where would C-130's park? Would they park with the F-16's or at the other ANG parking area? I have 2 C-130's going to KBTV and they are always parking in the cargo area with FedEx.
      Joseph there are parking issues at Burlington. As Mike stated there actually is no ANG parking for anything much larger than the fighters. The North Base complex for the ARMY National Guard is only a few years old and from my limited research was (as Mike says) used only by the Army helos. However as it was the only space large enough to house a cargo aircraft I DID insert a parking space onto it's southern apron. However I was never able to reliably get the AI to use it and did not 'code' it because that would have severly limited it's military use. This is also why I didn't code the FedEx space for them - in smaller regional airports there is a good deal of 'park where you can' when you are transient military. If you have specific aircraft that you want to use it I would suggest just installing the parking code(s) you prefer on the space and that should help you out.