The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Republic of Singapore Air Force 428th FS Support Thread

Post all questions and problems with official MAIW Packages for FS9 in this forum. Each package has a dedicated thread for support.
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

Republic of Singapore Air Force 428th FS Support Thread

Post by Greg »

Post support related comments for this package in this thread. The Package Manager will look into your problem as soon as possible.

NOTE 1: We have included an optional set of textures in 32 bit format, they show a lot more detail, but do require more PC power to achieve normal performance. If you experience problems when using these textures please switch back to the normal DXT3 ones.

NOTE 2: Keep this thread clean and post ONLY support related comments here. For all other discussions about this package, please reply to the release announcement.

NOTE 3: We will only provide support for bugs in our packages, not for conflicts with other addons in a user's highly modified simulator setup.

NOTE 4: Support for FSX users will not be offered in this thread. Instead FSX community support can be had from other users by posting questions in our "Unofficial Flight Simulator X Forums".
shaggy22
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: P3D

Re: Republic of Singapore Air Force 428th FS Support Thread

Post by shaggy22 »

looking good chaps apart from one thing. I think you've forgotten to include an afcad file to the scenery.
Dan

"Cluster bombing from B-52s are very, very accurate. The bombs are guaranteed to always hit the ground"

Twitter: @DRAviography
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DanReevesAviography/
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Greg »

shaggy22 wrote:looking good chaps apart from one thing. I think you've forgotten to include an afcad file to the scenery.
What about "MAIW_ADE9_KMUO_Custom.BGL" in <..\Addon Scenery\MAIW Mountain Home AFB (KMUO)\Scenery>? :smt017
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Post by campbeme »

shaggy22 wrote:looking good chaps apart from one thing. I think you've forgotten to include an afcad file to the scenery.
Dan,
afcad was not used for this packages scenery AFD. We have used ADE9.

Mark
Mark
LEBTowerGuy

Post by LEBTowerGuy »

Did you check to make sure there wasn't a duplicate AFD file in your setup?
shaggy22
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by shaggy22 »

I checked alternate afcad, ai slider, done the right conversions & they all fine. reading the aircraft cfg file i would imagine it's something to do with the parking spot size. What is the wingspan just out of interest?
Dan

"Cluster bombing from B-52s are very, very accurate. The bombs are guaranteed to always hit the ground"

Twitter: @DRAviography
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DanReevesAviography/
Stewart Pearson
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FS9

Post by Stewart Pearson »

shaggy22 wrote:I checked alternate afcad, ai slider, done the right conversions & they all fine. reading the aircraft cfg file i would imagine it's something to do with the parking spot size. What is the wingspan just out of interest?
Dan, wingspan is only relevant to FSX.

If that's what you're using mate, you're in the wrong thread (see Note 4 above). :wink:
Stew

"There is an art … to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Joseph29 »

I was looking around the scenery with the date set to October 3th at dawn and the sim crashed. I don't know if it's the scenery or a bad AI texture. The crash only happens at dawn on Octorber 3th. Since it only happens once at a specific time I am thinking it's a bad AI texture, but I have no idea who to pick it out.
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Joseph29 »

One more question. I has Mountain Home F-15E's from another MAIW package (don't remember which package they came from) and they are not parking under the ramp shades. Is that how it's supposed to be? Only the 428th FS planes park under the ramp shades?
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by campbeme »

Joseph29 wrote:One more question. I has Mountain Home F-15E's from another MAIW package (don't remember which package they came from) and they are not parking under the ramp shades. Is that how it's supposed to be? Only the 428th FS planes park under the ramp shades?
You need to find and remove the duplicate AFD you have active in your system. Sounds to me like the old AFD from the original Moutain Home package is active.

Its most likely in your Addon Scenery/scenery folder, do a search in there for KMUO, when you find it remove it.

Mark
Mark
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Joseph29 »

I already removed the other AFCAD for Mountain Home.
Stewart Pearson
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by Stewart Pearson »

Joseph29 wrote:I already removed the other AFCAD for Mountain Home.
To be 100% sure that there isn't any conflicting AFD/Afcad files, go to the tools page;

http://www.militaryaiworks.com/tools.html

scroll down and download ScanAFD - run a check on your files and see if there are any duplicates lurking.
Stew

"There is an art … to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Joseph29 »

Stewart Pearson wrote:
Joseph29 wrote:I already removed the other AFCAD for Mountain Home.
To be 100% sure that there isn't any conflicting AFD/Afcad files, go to the tools page;

http://www.militaryaiworks.com/tools.html

scroll down and download ScanAFD - run a check on your files and see if there are any duplicates lurking.
I ran that program and it didn't find any more KMUO AFCADs.
RKE
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by RKE »

It's a radius issue, the radius for the parking spots with the 389F (and 391F & 428F) parking code are set to 10,06 metres / 33 feet, and the radius for the NBAI F-15E is shown as 12 metres (36 feet I guess? The tool I'm using doesn't show feet). The WSAI F-15SG is set to 9 metres, so it's parking as intended.
jimrodger
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by jimrodger »

Just been having a "wander" around the scenery and discovered the 0022 bird has a missing texture.

The .mdl in the Model.F-15SG_Maint says that it should have a WSAI_F15SG_MAINT.BMP texture, but this seems to be missing from the installation.

Apart from that a lovely package, many thanks

Jim
"When all else fails, and your AI doesn't show up...... check the AI slider.......DOH!!!!"
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by MIKE JG »

Thanks Jim, we'll have a look at that.
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by campbeme »

jimrodger wrote:Just been having a "wander" around the scenery and discovered the 0022 bird has a missing texture.

The .mdl in the Model.F-15SG_Maint says that it should have a WSAI_F15SG_MAINT.BMP texture, but this seems to be missing from the installation.

Apart from that a lovely package, many thanks

Jim
Here is a quick fix until we can replace the download. I have attached the missing file here, just add it into this aircraft texture folder "texture.MO_05-0022".

Mark
Attachments
texture.MO_05-0022.zip
(67.66 KiB) Downloaded 72 times
Mark
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Joseph29 »

RKE wrote:It's a radius issue, the radius for the parking spots with the 389F (and 391F & 428F) parking code are set to 10,06 metres / 33 feet, and the radius for the NBAI F-15E is shown as 12 metres (36 feet I guess? The tool I'm using doesn't show feet). The WSAI F-15SG is set to 9 metres, so it's parking as intended.
So what would be the best way to fix this? Adjust the AFCAD or adjust the radius of the NBAI F-15s? I am thinking to adjust the AFCAD cause if I adjust the radius it might affect parking at other airports.
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Joseph29 »

Have anyone expirenced the CDT yet except me?
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by campbeme »

Joseph29 wrote:Have anyone expirenced the CDT yet except me?
Hey Joseph,

I tested this package on a clean system and cycled it through Dawn to Night from Spring to Winter, it loaded every time ok.

Mark
Mark