The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

US Navy Airliners Part 3 Support Thread

Post all questions and problems with official MAIW Packages for FS9 in this forum. Each package has a dedicated thread for support.
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

US Navy Airliners Part 3 Support Thread

Post by Greg »

Post support related comments for this package in this thread. The Package Manager will look into your problem as soon as possible.

NOTE 1: The custom scenery included for Joint Base Andrews and NAS Patuxent River is the same custom scenery provided in earlier MAIW packages. The installer for this package will overwrite these scenery sets if you have them installed previously. This will not cause any problems UNLESS you have made personal changes to either of these scenery sets on your own. In that case, please install this package to a temporary folder and install it manually.

NOTE 2: Keep this thread clean and post ONLY support related comments here. For all other discussions about this package, please reply to the release announcement.

NOTE 3: We will only provide support for bugs in our packages, not for conflicts with other addons in a user's highly modified simulator setup.

NOTE 4: Support for FSX users will not be offered in this thread. Instead FSX community support can be had from other users by posting questions in our "Unofficial Flight Simulator X Forums".
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

Re: US Navy Airliners Part 3 Support Thread

Post by Joseph29 »

Just to let everyone know the C-20D's (Gulfdtream 3) and C-20G's (Gulfstream 4) in this package are included in the Ultimate GA (UGA) Gulfstream 3 and 4 packages. You should delete the planes from the UGA packages or you will have duplicate aircraft.
Ripcord
Captain
Captain

Post by Ripcord »

NOTE: This series of new packages replace the original MAIW USN Airliners package as well as the original MAIW USN USMC Herks package. Be sure to REMOVE all parts of those older packages before attempting to use these new replacement packages.

Sorry to be dense..., but for the slow kids, can we get some specifics/details on what exactly needs to be replaced? Are you referring to the aircraft only? Or traffic files as well?

I get it now as far as the scenery goes, thanks for the clarification above.

Great stuff guys, thanks.

Ripcord
reconmercs
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran
Version: FS9

Post by reconmercs »

Ripcord wrote:NOTE: This series of new packages replace the original MAIW USN Airliners package as well as the original MAIW USN USMC Herks package. Be sure to REMOVE all parts of those older packages before attempting to use these new replacement packages.

Sorry to be dense..., but for the slow kids, can we get some specifics/details on what exactly needs to be replaced? Are you referring to the aircraft only? Or traffic files as well?

I get it now as far as the scenery goes, thanks for the clarification above.

Great stuff guys, thanks.

Ripcord
You need to remove the older traffic files as well as the older aircraft folders
petebramley
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by petebramley »

Hi Guys

Have just installed this very nice looking package and have noticed that
there appears to be a spare texture in the C-20D folder

Can I delete "texture.USN_VR-1_830500"

It is not called by the traffic file as far as I can see !!
Pete B
Retired and busier than ever !!
maddog65
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by maddog65 »

That texture is not used. That is the C-20 that is based at NAS Sigonella.
I am not sure if that is in the pipeline only Des knows for sure.
Les
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by petebramley »

:D

I will wait for Des to give me the one true word !!
Pete B
Retired and busier than ever !!
reconmercs
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by reconmercs »

petebramley wrote::D

Right now...I haven't decided yet to be honest :lol: I may tag NAS Sigonella on at the end of the series, just depends on how fast I can get the rest of the series completed.
Stewart Pearson
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by Stewart Pearson »

reconmercs wrote:
petebramley wrote::D

Right now...I haven't decided yet to be honest :lol: I may tag NAS Sigonella on at the end of the series, just depends on how fast I can get the rest of the series completed.
The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away...................................perhaps. :smt005
Stew

"There is an art … to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
zenonosense
Cadet
Cadet

Post by zenonosense »

Hello gents,

just tested the package and it looks amazing! Good job and keep the good work :)
A question, are these models build to be used exclusively with this package, or can they be used in others as well?

Best Regards
Stamatis
swp53
Captain
Captain
Version: FSX

Post by swp53 »

Hi Guys,
Another great package for sure. But being pedantic I know, but I believe Andrews Air Force Base and NAF Washington were amalgamated on 1st October 2009 becoming Joint Base Andrews.
Also knowing how long it takes to put a package together I was surprised to see C-130T 164995 AX-995 from the old package gone when according to the "On Dutch Wings" database it was still on strength in June this year. The other one I have that was not in the package was the USMC C-20G 165153?
Regards,
Steve
Past Beta Tester
reconmercs
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by reconmercs »

swp53 wrote:Hi Guys,
Another great package for sure. But being pedantic I know, but I believe Andrews Air Force Base and NAF Washington were amalgamated on 1st October 2009 becoming Joint Base Andrews.
Also knowing how long it takes to put a package together I was surprised to see C-130T 164995 AX-995 from the old package gone when according to the "On Dutch Wings" database it was still on strength in June this year. The other one I have that was not in the package was the USMC C-20G 165153?
Regards,
Steve
Hey Steve,

I may have missed those two :oops: I'll double check and if they are still currently in the database, I'll get them added asap.
Andrew88
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Andrew88 »

Thanks a lot for such a great package guys!
I have only few questions about Gulfstreams.
1. Doesn't C-37A 166375 based at Hickam AFB and operated for COMPACFLT (as shown here)?
2. Whether C-37B 166379 was finally delivered? AFAIK it was on due in 2011, but still no photos or activity logs available.
Nice job! Keep it up! ;)
reconmercs
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by reconmercs »

A new version of this package is now up on the front page, it adds the missing C-130 to VR-53 and the Marine C-20 assigned to Andrews.
swp53
Captain
Captain
Version: FSX

Post by swp53 »

Nice one Des :D
Regards,
Steve
Past Beta Tester
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Victory103 »

Just a request, but anyway to get those 2 additions added to this page so I don't have to download the whole pack again?
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
reconmercs
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by reconmercs »

Victory103 wrote:Just a request, but anyway to get those 2 additions added to this page so I don't have to download the whole pack again?
No problem Chris,

I'll get it up here today
reconmercs
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by reconmercs »

And here's the updated traffic bgl file and updated aircraft folders. Sorry for the delay.
Attachments
USN Airliners P3 Updates.zip
(2.16 MiB) Downloaded 77 times