The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

ROKAF 11th FW Slam Eagles Support Thread

Post all questions and problems with official MAIW Packages for FS9 in this forum. Each package has a dedicated thread for support.
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

ROKAF 11th FW Slam Eagles Support Thread

Post by Greg »

Post support related comments for this package in this thread. The Package Manager will look into your problem as soon as possible.

NOTE 1: We have included an optional set of textures in 32 bit format, they show a lot more detail, but do require more PC power to achieve normal performance. If you experience problems when using these textures please switch back to the normal DXT3 ones.

NOTE 2: Keep this thread clean and post ONLY support related comments here. For all other discussions about this package, please reply to the release announcement.

NOTE 3: We will only provide support for bugs in our packages, not for conflicts with other addons in a user's highly modified simulator setup.

NOTE 4: Support for FSX users will not be offered in this thread. Instead FSX community support can be had from other users by posting questions in our "Unofficial Flight Simulator X Forums".
viper810

Re: ROKAF 11th FW Slam Eagles Support Thread

Post by viper810 »

There is a small HAS problem in this scenery.

campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Post by campbeme »

viper810 wrote:There is a small HAS problem in this

I see what your saying, that's odd. I will take a look for you.

Mark
Mark
viper810

Post by viper810 »

campbeme wrote:
viper810 wrote:There is a small HAS problem in this

I see what your saying, that's odd. I will take a look for you.

Mark
I've notice another dubble HAS problem.

campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by campbeme »

Does anybody else have this duplicate issue?

Mark
Mark
viper810

Post by viper810 »

Its the hangar in the first pic and the 4 new grey shelters with those excavators.
All other HAS are fine.
bismarck
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: FS9

Post by bismarck »

viper810 wrote:Its the hangar in the first pic and the 4 new grey shelters with those excavators.
All other HAS are fine.
The same for me.

Giorgio
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by campbeme »

Ok guys, I will sort it out in the morning and get a fix out then.

Mark :D
Mark
swp53
Captain
Captain

Post by swp53 »

Hi All,
I spotted the following error in the stored F-4D flightplans.
//
// AC#13,506,"NMAI_F-4Dv2_STATIC_ROKAF_67-734"
AC#13,67734,10,WEEK,VFR,0/16:43:00,TNG0/17:17:00,026,F,0,RKTN,0/17:21:00,0/17:36:00,022,F,0,RKTN
//
The percent sign 67734,10,WEEK is missing, should be 67734,10%,WEEK

But another question, why not have used SAMM and placed the models rather than use flightplans?

Regards,
Steve
Past Beta Tester
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by campbeme »

swp53 wrote:Hi All,
I spotted the following error in the stored F-4D flightplans.
//
// AC#13,506,"NMAI_F-4Dv2_STATIC_ROKAF_67-734"
AC#13,67734,10,WEEK,VFR,0/16:43:00,TNG0/17:17:00,026,F,0,RKTN,0/17:21:00,0/17:36:00,022,F,0,RKTN
//
The percent sign 67734,10,WEEK is missing, should be 67734,10%,WEEK

But another question, why not have used SAMM and placed the models rather than use flightplans?

Regards,
Steve
Hi Steve,

1) Your FP concern is valid, but as these do not fly or even taxi...the parking links are removed, I think it can stay as is, as they behave how I intended them to.
2) The F4 are not going to be stored there forever, and some people may wish to remove them at some stage. It's easier to remove a flight plan, than go digging around the scenery folder looking for which lib.bgl to remove...in my opinion anyway.

Thanks for the post by the way.

P.S.. Everyone, I will post a fix in the next week for the duplicate hangars.

Mark
swp53
Captain
Captain

Post by swp53 »

Hi Mark,
Fast reply there, top bloke.
I have not installed the package yet so did not realise they did not actually move from there position. I prefer a simple bgl to remove statics but I also accept your veiwpoint, empathy after all.
Regards,
Steve
Past Beta Tester
Mike...

Post by Mike... »

Hello guys,

Finished installing a bunch of packages, you guys have been busy!

FlightSim Manager found an error for the static aircraft, it reports a missing effects file, fx_f16_ab_f4b_dry.

:wink:
Garysb
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by Garysb »

Mike
I suspect that as the F-4's are stored and not intended to fly the AB effect is not really required

Gary
I believe that every human has a finite number of heart-beats. I don't intend to waste any of mine running around doing exercises.
Buzz Aldrin (1930 -
Mike...

Post by Mike... »

That does make sense. I've commented them out for now. Keeps FS from looking for the file.
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by campbeme »

Guys so this is whats going to happen, I will leave the current package on the frontpage for a few more days. I am correcting any issues found as we go along and will upload a new version towards the end of this week. For now I have below a quick fix for the duplicate scenery.

1) Duplicate Scenery fix, please delete the below two files from this directory..Flight Simulator 9\Addon Scenery\MAIW_ROKAF Bases\scenery

RKTN_ABO.bgl
rktn_has.bgl

This will remove the duplicates.

Mark
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by MIKE JG »

I've never messed with that proggy that makes aircraft models into static scenery models but I am guessing that if you were to use that program, you then lose the LODs on your aircraft models which means lower performance.

IMO, it's better to use the actual AI models and flight plan them as static to preserve their multi-lod characteristics as well as their mip map characteristics, both of which are designed to give you better fps.
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by campbeme »

MIKE JG wrote:I've never messed with that proggy that makes aircraft models into static scenery models but I am guessing that if you were to use that program, you then lose the LODs on your aircraft models which means lower performance.

IMO, it's better to use the actual AI models and flight plan them as static to preserve their multi-lod characteristics as well as their mip map characteristics, both of which are designed to give you better fps.

The F4 used in this package has been specially stripped down by Mike P anyway, so its only to be used as static. As the readme explained of course :wink:
Mark
Mark
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: P3D

Post by gsnde »

MIKE JG wrote:I've never messed with that proggy that makes aircraft models into static scenery models but I am guessing that if you were to use that program, you then lose the LODs on your aircraft models which means lower performance.

It's from Don, the maker of AIFP :smt001

If there are LODs, then they will be respected. Have a look at the screen shot from the program interface on the homepage here. It is a very good tool.
Cheers,
Martin
Captain
Captain
Version: FS9

Post by Pixy »

Guys, I just downloaded it and it said that the .exe file is corrupt, I tried downloaded it like 5 times but still the same corrupt .exe, also I tried to open it with winrar and 7zip but still no good.
Tatit
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by MIKE JG »

Your security software is telling you that the file is corrupt. I can assure you that it is not. I just downloaded and installed it again to double check that it is still good.

What we are starting to see are compatibility issues between Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 and now the looming Windows 8 operating systems.
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log