The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Zeltweg Air Base Support Thread

Post all questions and problems with official MAIW Packages for FS9 in this forum. Each package has a dedicated thread for support.
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

Zeltweg Air Base Support Thread

Post by Greg »

Post support related comments for this package in this thread. The Package Manager will look into your problem as soon as possible.

NOTE 1: Keep this thread clean and post ONLY support related comments here. For all other discussions about this package, please reply to the release announcement.

NOTE 2: We will only provide support for bugs in our packages, not for conflicts with other addons in a user's highly modified simulator setup.

NOTE 3: Support for FSX users will not be offered in this thread. Instead FSX community support can be had from other users by posting questions in our "Unofficial Flight Simulator X Forums".
Ripcord
Captain
Captain
Version: P3D

Re: Zeltweg Air Base Support Thread

Post by Ripcord »

Nice work and thank you for this package. I have no major problems, however I would point out a rather minor issue -- the use of special letters/charactors like o with the 2 dots above it (sorry, I don't know the proper name of this letter) in names of waypoints, etc creates problems with my database of airports. For instance, changing the spelling to read "Oberosterreich" is what I have to do in order to resolve this.

Let me say that I realize for somebody that lives in Europe this is incorrect and perhaps offensive, and maybe impossible to do, as YOUR version of windows accomodates the correct spelling. I have also lived many years abroad, so I get it. So I'll just make this note, in case any others notice something amiss. I had problems updating the airport database for FSX Mission Editor -- not just with this package but also with some Italian airports (non-MAIW). All I had to do was use ADE to edit the names, once I figured out which ones they were -- at least that seems to be working so far.

Again, I do not expect the designers to accomodate every known language on the planet -- I just throw this out for others, who might have a similar problem.
hgschnell
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Version: FS9

Post by hgschnell »

thanks a lot for your fine packages!

just a question: Nick Black's Eurofighters are nearly 6m high (instead of 5.28m)
So some sceneries have problems with hangars of 5.5m height.

(I tried to contact Nick by PM twice, but I got no answer)

regards
Guenther
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Post by campbeme »

hgschnell wrote:thanks a lot for your fine packages!

just a question: Nick Black's Eurofighters are nearly 6m high (instead of 5.28m)
So some sceneries have problems with hangars of 5.5m height.

(I tried to contact Nick by PM twice, but I got no answer)

regards
Nick, has retired from FS modelling a number of years ago, I doubt you will get hold of him anymore.
Mark
hgschnell
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by hgschnell »

thanks Mark,

I thought he visited the forum some days ago.

But it looks like it was another Nick

:(
Guenther
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Hi Guenther,
When Nick left he kindly let some people have access to his source files. At the moment though it doesn't seem that anybody has taken to updating his Typhoon source. I guess we will have to wait until somebody gets the time or inclination to upgrade it.
Steve
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Post by MIKE JG »

I made a start on it but it needed more work than I was willing to put into it.
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
hgschnell
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by hgschnell »

thanks anyway...

it is not so easy to shrink an Eurofighter, there is no way to wash it to hot like socks.

:mrgreen:
Guenther
miljan
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: P3D

Post by miljan »

I knew for this when I made objects for scenery so that is the reason why some hangers are a bit higher than they should be.

Miljan
VIVA LA VIDA