The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Another AFCAD question!

Post all questions and problems with official MAIW Packages for FS9 in this forum. Each package has a dedicated thread for support.
ronniegj

Another AFCAD question!

Post by ronniegj »

AI aircraft lands and taxi's to parking. After the scheduled ground time, the aircraft taxi's to the hold short point, but fails to contract the tower for take off clearance. AI sits there and waits until it disappears. I have run the fault finder (none) have made sure that the hold short point is close enough to runway centerline, made sure there is a tower freq associated with the AFCAD, made sure no broken links etc. Where do I go from here?

Ron
reconmercs
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran
Version: FS9

Post by reconmercs »

hmmm which airport is this for?
ronniegj

Post by ronniegj »

It's KRCA. Some how I must have screwed things up as I have an AFCAD labled stock that has mil parking, alto not realistic in any way, and I have a mod AFCAD with the same plus one spot with larger radius and coded for AF1, so suspect that it was intended for a small AF1 package. At the moment, I am unable to identify the source, but seem to remember that I modified this one to include the other parking beyond AF1 to support the GATTAF package (a real quickie job to be sure on this AFCAD). Some how after modding the AFCAD, I apparently caused the additions that I did on the mod file to also appear on the stock AFCAD (how I did this I have no idea) so, I do not have a ref stock AFCAD that would be as all the other mil fields in FS - ie no parking etc. I think I remember that this didn't work for GAFTTAF but was in a hurry to move on, and now it reappears as an issue, and I would like to clear it up, but again, don't want to spend a lot of time right now, as I have other more pressing things to do. If there is a quick fix, great, else the issue will continue!

Ron
Garysb
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: FSX

Post by Garysb »

It could be because the runway entry point is into the under and over shoot on the stock airport
I had this problem !

Are you using the MAIW AFCAD?

Gary
ronniegj

Post by ronniegj »

No - Don't know where the MAIW AFCAD comes from. Where?

In the meantime, will mod to use your correction suggestion as see what happens!

Ron
ronniegj

Post by ronniegj »

Having the taxiways terminate at the main runway instead of the overshoot area was the fix. It now works ok! Thanks Gary. Now, another thread becomes a printout to post at the back of my copy of the AFCAD manual.

Ron
Garysb
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: FSX

Post by Garysb »

Ron
Glad it worked, it took me a while to figure out why they would not take off!

Gary