The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

RAF Mildenhall Version 2 Support Thread

Post all questions and problems with official MAIW Packages for FS9 in this forum. Each package has a dedicated thread for support.
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

RAF Mildenhall Version 2 Support Thread

Post by MIKE JG »

Post support related comments for this package in this thread. The Package Manager will look into your problem as soon as possible.

NOTE 1: Keep this thread clean and post ONLY support related comments here. For all other discussions about this package, please reply to the release announcement.

NOTE 2: We will only provide support for bugs in our packages, not for conflicts with other addons in a user's highly modified simulator setup.

NOTE 3: Support for FSX users will not be offered in this thread. Instead FSX community support can be had from other users by posting questions in our "Unofficial Flight Simulator X Forums".

NOTE 4: Elements contained within this package replace earlier MAIW packages. Please read the included Readme for instructions on which files to replace with the files from this package.
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
viper810

Re: RAF Mildenhall Version 2 Support Thread

Post by viper810 »

I've a question. Why do all tankers use REACH callsign and not QUID. Is it something new?
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by MIKE JG »

It's the package creator's choice and usually comes down to time. Making them all use "Quid" wouldn't necessarily be correct either. So it's just easier sometimes to use the generic "Reach" callsign and let you guys decide on your own if you want to change the VP mod and callsign. It's one of the easiest changes to make if you want.

The "Quid" callsign came with the first version I believe and I've attached it here for anyone that needs it.

Courtesy of Stewart Pearson:
Attachments
QUID.zip
(621 Bytes) Downloaded 77 times
-Mike G.

Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Post by Firebird »

A side effect of propeller animation is that quite often at full power, or at other power settings during flight, the prop blades appear stationary.
What that command does is alter the speed of the prop rotation so that, for the most part, the prop still appears to move.

Each prop aircraft can be different, so the exact parm can't be transferred automatically to ALL prop aircraft, you may need to alter the parm to get the effect that you are after. Normally this is done by the modeller these days, but early models don't have this so trial and error is needed here.

To answer your specific question you can apply the same parm to all your C-130s. Unfortunately it has to be done individually.
Steve
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by MIKE JG »

Support thread reset.

New version uploaded with fixes for the issues that were found.
-Mike G.

Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

Post by Joseph29 »

Can you tell me what was fixed in the new version? I don't want to re install the whole package again if only something in say the scenery was fixed.
aljude
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by aljude »

Joseph29 wrote:Can you tell me what was fixed in the new version? I don't want to re install the whole package again if only something in say the scenery was fixed.
The Traffic file was changed and i forget what else :roll:
Time travel does exist, i just discovered it next week...
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by MIKE JG »

Tony as I recall:

Traffic file updated to remove/replace some of those smaller airfields that were being used as destinations for the KC-135s.

Prop animation ratio for the C-130s was added with a value of -0.12 to be standard with past releases.

Mip maps were applied to some of the textures I believe that were lacking them.
-Mike G.

aljude
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by aljude »

MIKE JG wrote:Tony as I recall:

Traffic file updated to remove/replace some of those smaller airfields that were being used as destinations for the KC-135s.

Prop animation ratio for the C-130s was added with a value of -0.12 to be standard with past releases.

Mip maps were applied to some of the textures I believe that were lacking them.
Cheers Mike, the mind is going... i must write things down lol :roll:
Time travel does exist, i just discovered it next week...
hobby
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Version: FSX

Post by hobby »

I have just deleted Mildenhall V2 and installed the latest version of Mildenhall v2.

I decided to run a cursory check on my latest installation primarily to ensure that all the aircraft had arrived safely!

All the C-130s were available very early one Sunday morning but I could only find eight of the 19 KC-135 acft.

It may be that the 11 other refuellers were out and about the President's business but since the traffic file has been altered in the latest version can a moderator please tell me if the following tail numbers are away from Mildenhall just after dawn on Sundays?

Tail numbers - in textures but not seen at Mildenhall base.

00342, 71488.

Surely not lost and gone forever!
bigrich110
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by bigrich110 »

hi there guys ive been on here before about issuesive been having and ive done a full reinstall and after installing various packqges found no problems and then installed the mildenhall package and all the hawks and valley have disapeared and im really stumped now if anybody could help i would greatly appreciate it as im a true newby
JohnTenn
Major
Major

Post by JohnTenn »

Hi Rich

There is no way that the Mildenhall package could have deleted the Valley Hawks.

Install the Valley Hawks package again.

Search your FS9 folders for EGOV.

Reinstalling often leads to missing files. Usually not installed again. Our memories can play terrible tricks on us.

Regards

John
JohnTenn
Major
Major

Post by JohnTenn »

Hi Rich

Your problem arose when you read the UK hawks 2 readme.

It instructed you, incorrectly, to delete files containing EGOV.

Regards

John
bigrich110
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by bigrich110 »

i havent removed any files from hawk 2 was fine and thennjust randomly just disapeared its happened twice now and is stumping me as the last pack i installed was mildenhall and then goes pear shaped is it any chance down to sceenery libraries
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Just to be sure that we understand the issue, then maybe we can move this to the correct place, do the Hawks disappear, does part of the scenery disappear or the entire base disappear? Is it a combination?
Steve
bigrich110
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by bigrich110 »

when you put the hawks pack in it changes the sceenery a lil if i remember right well the sceenery goes back to stock and if you start on the default runway it loads you in the middle of a parking area will try and up load pick of that and all the black valley hawks and the nickblack t2 disapear and im completely baffled they were there and nothing has changed other than putting this pack in

update got a screen pic of where the aircraft loads on default runway

however i cant upload it im going to try and fix this issue however i would much apreciate any help given
JohnTenn
Major
Major

Post by JohnTenn »

Hi Rich

Do you have RAF Valley from Airfield Construction Group installed?

If you do, then you need to remove all files with EGOV in the name from folder 'FS9\Addon scenery\Scenery'.

John
bigrich110
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by bigrich110 »

no i dont
JohnTenn
Major
Major

Post by JohnTenn »

Rich

Do you have the file "MAIW_AF2_EGOV_DEFAULT_GL.bgl" in the FS9\Addon Scenery\Scenery folder?

The default EGOV has no parking spots.

I have found with some AI flight plans if there are no parking spots on one airport required for the day then no aircraft show up, even at other airports.

MAIW_AF2_EGOV_DEFAULT_GL.bgl does not change much to the scenery but it has parking spots and an accurate layout.

John

This should possibly go into a new thread.
bigrich110
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by bigrich110 »

yes i do and i have all the relevent files in the correct place and no change at all im just going through it all now