The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Santa Lucia Air Base Support Thread

Post all questions and problems with official MAIW Packages for FS9 in this forum. Each package has a dedicated thread for support.
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Santa Lucia Air Base Support Thread

Post by MIKE JG »

Post support related comments for this package in this thread. The Package Manager will look into your problem as soon as possible.

NOTE 1: Keep this thread clean and post ONLY support related comments here. For all other discussions about this package, please reply to the release announcement.

NOTE 2: We will only provide support for bugs in our packages, not for conflicts with other addons in a user's highly modified simulator setup.

NOTE 3: Support for FSX users will not be offered in this thread. Instead FSX community support can be had from other users by posting questions in our "Unofficial Flight Simulator X Forums".

NOTE 4: Elements contained within this package replace earlier MAIW packages. Please read the included Readme for instructions on which files to replace with the files from this package.
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

Re: Santa Lucia Air Base Support Thread

Post by Joseph29 »

I don't have a problem with this package, but I do have a question. I have a MAIW_JAI_F-5E model already installed, is that the same as the ones in this package (MAIW_JMAI_F-5E).

I think they are different models but I and not 100% sure.
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Post by campbeme »

Joseph29 wrote:I don't have a problem with this package, but I do have a question. I have a MAIW_JAI_F-5E model already installed, is that the same as the ones in this package (MAIW_JMAI_F-5E).

I think they are different models but I and not 100% sure.
The JMAI model from Mike Pearson is a brand new updated version of the original JAI model of Jake Burrus. The new model is far superior in many ways.
Mark
swp53
Captain
Captain

Post by swp53 »

MODERATOR INPUT:

Going on a rant like that is neither appreciated or acceptable around here.

If there is a problem with the package then kindly let us know. We'll fix it.

Openly complaining about freeware is about the most disrespectful thing you can do around here.
Past Beta Tester
Alan Robertson
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Version: FS9

Post by Alan Robertson »

Great package as always. However, I have an elevation problem with parts of the runway being under the level of the ground. Is there a fix I can easily undertake on my own to raise it? Many thanks in advance.
Regards,

Alan
shaggy22
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by shaggy22 »

Alan Robertson wrote:Great package as always. However, I have an elevation problem with parts of the runway being under the level of the ground. Is there a fix I can easily undertake on my own to raise it? Many thanks in advance.
Hmm, not sure about that one. There was no issues while this was in testing. The only thing I can think of is you have some mesh installed like FSGenesis.
Dan

"Cluster bombing from B-52s are very, very accurate. The bombs are guaranteed to always hit the ground"

Twitter: @DRAviography
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DanReevesAviography/
Alan Robertson
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Alan Robertson »

I have FSGLOBAL 2005 Mesh scenery installed. It doesn't usually cause a problem but it certainly has done in this case. :(
Regards,

Alan
shaggy22
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by shaggy22 »

Alan Robertson wrote:I have FSGLOBAL 2005 Mesh scenery installed. It doesn't usually cause a problem but it certainly has done in this case. :(
Unfortunately i don't run FSGLOBAL 2005 so I can't be of any assistance to you i'm afraid.
Dan

"Cluster bombing from B-52s are very, very accurate. The bombs are guaranteed to always hit the ground"

Twitter: @DRAviography
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DanReevesAviography/
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Post by MIKE JG »

Please remember that the packages are meant to work with the default terrain mesh.

We will help you guys work out the elevation issues as much as possible but there is no way for us to design for and test for every possible combination of add ons that the user decides to install on their own.

Most elevation issues can be fixed with a flatten file which is easy to do, it's just a matter of choosing an elevation that works for your terrain mesh.
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by campbeme »

Okay chaps, we will let this package run for another week, then based on whats found we will post a updated version.
Mark
SG-19
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by SG-19 »

Alan Robertson wrote:I have FSGLOBAL 2005 Mesh scenery installed. It doesn't usually cause a problem but it certainly has done in this case. :(
I had the same problem, I simply put the MMSM_FLATTEN. BGL file from the exotic albert's south america 8 package into the scenery file and that fixed it for me. Hope this helps :smt006
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by campbeme »

SG-19 wrote:
I had the same problem, I simply put the MMSM_FLATTEN. BGL file from the exotic albert's south america 8 package into the scenery file and that fixed it for me. Hope this helps :smt006
That's a super first post and welcome. :D
Mark
Alan Robertson
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Alan Robertson »

SG-19 wrote:

That does the trick for me too. Well done and many thanks. :D
Regards,

Alan
maiden757
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by maiden757 »

Hi guys. I had the same issue due to mesh conflicts. There is a quick fix for this involving afcad for folks without the flatten files. If your runways disappear when you take off etc open the scenery in AFCAD and click on the blue taxiway icon at the top. Stretch a taxiway link the length of the runway but DO NOT connect it to anything. Now double click on it and it detail box appears. Set it's width to 0 and close the box. Now drag it to the runway and sit it either side of the centreline. It's a little known fact that taxiway nodes have flatten properties. This method is best used for AF2 BGLs but works with ADE ones also but you have to save it as an AF2 file. Mine works fine now.Cheers. Ross
maiden757
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by maiden757 »

Thanks for another great package.I have an issue regarding the textures. The C-130 and 727s seem ok but the textures on the 295,27 and Beech 90 seem quite blurry (the writing being nothing more than smudges on the 295). Has anyone else had this problem and can it be resolved. many thanks in advance. :o Ross
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by campbeme »

Hi Ross,

Try this setting change below let us know how it looks.

In the Hardware tab of the display settings in FS9, set your Global max texture size to MASSIVE.
Mark
maiden757
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by maiden757 »

Cheers for that Mark. Worked a treat. I thought I actually had it already set on that but evidently not. On a slightly different note could you PM me as I'd like to talk to you about some paints. Cheers-Ross http://rossrepaints.jimdo.com/
Target

Post by Target »

Hello,

I finally installed this package and when I ran the 'FS Texture Checker' utility program it came up with an error for the 727-100 lightmaps.

A check shows that the lightmaps are:
1. In a possibly unsupported 32bit format
2. Don't have a correct alpha channel
and
3. The window configuration is for the standard 727 pax configuration, meaning that all the windows that are plugged on the repaint are not deleted from the lightmap.

Best regards,

Phil