The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Peruvian Air Force part 1 package by MAIW

Post all questions and problems with official MAIW Packages for FS9 in this forum. Each package has a dedicated thread for support.
reconmercs
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran
Version: FS9

Peruvian Air Force part 1 package by MAIW

Post by reconmercs »

please use this thread to provide feedback and ask questions about this package
reconmercs
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by reconmercs »

Tupolev 144
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Tupolev 144 »

There seems to be an error in the installer regarding the Boeing 737-200, it removes the complete Aircraft.cfg of the 732 and replaces it with a complete new one. So I now have to remake it for over 60 repaints :evil:
Please do something about it....

Thanks in advance,
Peter

BTW, I just discovered the same happened with the Boeing 737-500... :cry:
reconmercs
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by reconmercs »

scratch that, hmmm, I'll bring this up with Peter
Last edited by reconmercs on 31 May 2007, 14:16, edited 1 time in total.
Tupolev 144
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Tupolev 144 »

Yes it really did, could it have happened because I've added some entries by myself for manually installed airlines. This isn't however a problem with the 'regular' packages of WoA.
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Post by MIKE JG »

One thing I always do is to change the folder names for the previously installed AI aircraft that I don't want the WoAI installer to mess with. This way each new package creates a new folder which I use to temporarily store the new AI models and paints until I incorporate them into my own folder naming convention.
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
hermit

Post by hermit »

How about adding an extra column to the table on the downloads page detailing any known issues, workarounds and the status of a permanent fix, i.e. none, pending, in progress, completed?

Saves having to search all the package support threads, it keeps a record of all the maintenance details in one place and should prevent repeat questions requiring repeat answers.

john.
mikewmac
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran
Version: P3D

Post by mikewmac »

I'm "old school", some might even say "very old school", so I always do any package installations manually. I'm too bald already to tear out my few remaining hairs over completely unnecessary and very frustrating problems like these. :( :(

Mike
reconmercs
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by reconmercs »

hermit wrote:How about adding an extra column to the table on the downloads page detailing any known issues, workarounds and the status of a permanent fix, i.e. none, pending, in progress, completed?

Saves having to search all the package support threads, it keeps a record of all the maintenance details in one place and should prevent repeat questions requiring repeat answers.

john.
This is what the general package questions thread is for yet we still get guys opening threads for the same questions over and over again :shock: This has been an ongoing issue with the installer for a while now, neither MAIW or WOAI has gotten to the bottom of it yet, for right now, it leaves us with two choices instead of pushing forward...neither I'd think the community would be too happy with, once this is finally sorted out we'll go from there until then we appologize for any current or future problems with this issue
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

Post by Joseph29 »

I don't have a problem with the package (avsim doesn't seem to be working right now so I can not go to the site to download it :cry: ) but how many parts will the Peruvian Air Force have?
reconmercs
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by reconmercs »

Joseph29 wrote:I don't have a problem with the package (avsim doesn't seem to be working right now so I can not go to the site to download it :cry: ) but how many parts will the Peruvian Air Force have?
depends on how many Dan has planned, right now this was an intial release using the models currently avaliable, who knows what the future holds, I'm sure Dan will elaborate once he's avaliable
delta b
Captain
Captain

Post by delta b »

First, I'm sorry so many are experiencing problems with files after installing the package. We do our best to test and test and test to make sure this doesn't happen, but it does sometimes for reasons unknown. :(

Des is right about future Peruvian packs. I basically did about everything that can be done with existing AI models for the moment. MiG-29s, Su-22s, Su-25s, early Mirages, Canberras and An-32s are still missing from the AI inventory. We'll see what the future holds.

Dan
WHAT? People actually FLY in Flight Sim???
Garfield_x

Post by Garfield_x »

Tupolev 144 wrote:Yes it really did, could it have happened because I've added some entries by myself for manually installed airlines. This isn't however a problem with the 'regular' packages of WoA.
No that can't be the reason.
But it is very strange indeed. I've been throught that part of the code and i cannot find any reason why the aircraft.cfg file is being overwritten.

How many people have reported this?

Can one give me some information which packages are overwriten by this one?
reconmercs
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by reconmercs »

Hey Peter, it seems that this one overwrote the aircraft.cfg files for the El Salvador A-37s, and the configs of the AIA 737-200 and -500. Also some have experience this issue with some of the herk packages
Psuls
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by Psuls »

Peter, this is what happened to me:

First the package installed perfectly when I got it from the ftp as beta.

Then, when the final package was released, I deleted the beta package using the remove airline feature of the woai installer.

the package I downloaded then from avsim got me into troubles : aircraft.cfg for b732, b735 and dc8 were only showing the peruvian texture

More strange for the A37 : salvadorian entries were replaced by double peruvian entries !

Mirage's were installed correctly because completely new.

More problematic again : I tried to delete again the peruvian package (to wait to another corected version) using the WOAI installer : it deleted THE WHOLE FOLDERS of b732, b735, mirages, dc8, and A37.

So I had to install back the packages containing those aircraft...

Hope it helps you understanding
Pascal
Garfield_x

Post by Garfield_x »

Do you still have the beta maybe somewhere? So i can look at it?

The problem is that at the moment i cannot repeat it here :( If i can then in could see what is going wrong.

As for the deleting of the whole folders is due to the fact that there where no fltsim section left after removing that package. The installer looks for that (countng the fltsim sections) If that reached zero than it will also delete the aircraft folder (because it thinks no fltsim sections = no textures installed)
reconmercs
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by reconmercs »

neg, I remove the old betas and only keep the preliminary(pre package) beta packages and final packages for backups. Tom should have it on his computer, he made the intial package
BadPvtDan
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Post by BadPvtDan »

My AIA B735 entries were overwritten as were the B732 entries. I know my C-130 folders are crap but haven't started to fix those yet.
"The first rule of Zombieland: Cardio. When the zombie outbreak first hit, the first to go, for obvious reasons... were the fatties."
reconmercs
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by reconmercs »

Danny, your herk files should be fine, Dan used the L-100 model for this package, and that brings up something else, I've NEVER had any of the herks issues that have been mentioned :?
BadPvtDan
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Post by BadPvtDan »

I'm talking about the earlier issues.
"The first rule of Zombieland: Cardio. When the zombie outbreak first hit, the first to go, for obvious reasons... were the fatties."