The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Italian Tornadoes V2 Support Thread

Post all questions and problems with official MAIW Packages for FS9 in this forum. Each package has a dedicated thread for support.
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Italian Tornadoes V2 Support Thread

Post by campbeme »

Post support related comments for this package in this thread. The Package Manager will look into your problem as soon as possible.

NOTE 1: Keep this thread clean and post ONLY support related comments here. For all other discussions about this package, please reply to the release announcement.

NOTE 2: We will only provide support for bugs in our packages, not for conflicts with other addons in a user's highly modified simulator setup.

NOTE 3: Support for FSX users will not be offered in this thread. Instead FSX community support can be had from other users by posting questions in our "Unofficial Flight Simulator X Forums".

NOTE 4: Elements contained within this package, replace elements from a previous MAIW Italian Tornadoes AI package. Please consult the included Readme carefully to prevent file conflicts when you install this package.
Mark
RKE
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: P3D

Re: Italian Tornadoes V2

Post by RKE »

Just a couple of minor things, but the fltsim section for MM7079 appears to be missing, and the MM7041 textures makes an appearance as both _311_MM7041 and _RSV_MM7041 folders (the former is the one used).
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by campbeme »

RKE wrote:Just a couple of minor things, but the fltsim section for MM7079 appears to be missing, and the MM7041 textures makes an appearance as both _311_MM7041 and _RSV_MM7041 folders (the former is the one used).
Noted, we will sort that out and post a fix as soon as Giorgio is back from vacation. :D
Mark
Delboy99
Captain
Captain

Post by Delboy99 »

Hi. Thanks for releasing this package. I'm looking forward to the rest of this weeks releases.

When I load up the scenery at LIPL I get a crash to desktop. When I remove file MAIW_LIPL_VTPP.BGL the scenery loads fine. Anyone else having this problem, or is the problem with my set up.

Cheers
Derek
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Post by Firebird »

If that happens then you are missing a texture. Double check that you have installed everything.
Steve
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by campbeme »

Okay everyone, here is a temporary fix from Giorgio for the cfg error.

Please delete this texture below it is not needed.
texture.AMI_311_MM7041

And here is a new aircraft.cfg to add the missing aircraft.

There will of course be a full update, once Giorgio is back.
Attachments
Aircraft.cfg
(36.9 KiB) Downloaded 74 times
Mark
Delboy99
Captain
Captain

Post by Delboy99 »

I reinstalled the package using the installer and I still have the same crash to desktop at LIPL. Works fine at LIPM. Is there any way of finding out which textures are required for the MAIW_LIPL_VTPP.BGL file. Then I can see if any are missing. I'm guessing it's a generic texture otherwise it would have come with the package.

Appreciate any help

Thanks
Derek
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

By the nature of the problem you can't use a tool to find out what has caused the crash we will just have to wait for the scenery designer to read your comments and respond with what he used.
Steve
bismarck
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Re: Italian Tornadoes V2 Support Thread

Post by bismarck »

Derek, I think they are generic textures. LIPL was one of the first airport created using ADE and Sbuilder. For Sbuilder I followed the Tutorial by Mike and I used what he suggested:
"They are "095 Y Grasslands", "096 Y Grasslands", and "097 Y Grasslands"
I also used a water texture for the small lake on the left of the runway but I didn't remember which one. Unfortunately I don't have anymore the sbp file file saved.....
Sorry.

Giorgio
JohnTenn
Major
Major

Post by JohnTenn »

Derek

Have you checked for duplicates of that or similar bgl's in other scenery folders? From previous versions.

LIPO is also very close.

John
Delboy99
Captain
Captain

Post by Delboy99 »

Thanks everyone for your help.

The problem is definitely due to generic textures. When I open LIPL with the suspect file removed FS runs ok, but without the LIPL ground polys. I opened up SBuilder to check the textures "095 Y Grasslands", "096 Y Grasslands", and "097 Y Grasslands" but they didn't show up in the preview window. There were also a few other textures that didn't show up. Having consulted the FS2004 Terrain SDK I determined that these 3 textures are called 006A2xxx.bmp. When I checked my Scenery/World/Texture scenery there were 42 assorted 006A2xxx.bmp textures. So the textures don't appear to be missing, but maybe they are corrupt. Opening a few of these textures using DXTBMP they look ok.

This has got be really baffled. If any one has come across anything like this before I'd really appreciate some help. In the mean time I'll fly around with no ground polys.