The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

RAF Coningsby 121 Expeditionary Air Wing package by MAIW

Post all questions and problems with official MAIW Packages for FS9 in this forum. Each package has a dedicated thread for support.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Re: RAF Coningsby 121 Expeditionary Air Wing package by MAIW

Post by Firebird »

No there isn't, they were designed by Mike Mac and he wanted them there. He does the same with his NEUMAI package as well.
They work there, its just not the norm. You delete the scenery and you delete the traffic as well.
Steve
plumber
Captain
Captain

Post by plumber »

Thanks Steve, Have reverted, lo and behold I have the Jags.
What is the purpose of the the following two files; 1GXC & 2GXC? I have removed them as they were interfering with the GPS picture.
Also should there be a fence around the airfield?
Wrt to the other identified RAF Coningsby, do I need any of the data from it?
BR
Brian H
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

If you delete the 1GXC and 2GXC then the Jag flypast won't work. Mike created them specifically for that. You will have to have spoil your GPS display I am afraid.
This scenery was one of Ian's early works and does not include a fence. I confess to badgering him a bit about it and as his skills and knowledge grew he was able to reduce the fps impact from his scenery so that he could indeed include fences, as per Lakenheath, however this version of CGY is too early to take advantage of this.
What I will say though is don't be too surprised if a CGY v2 scenery appears this summer which will knock your socks off.

The other identified RAF Coningsby? Sorry, I don't understand this bit.
Steve
plumber
Captain
Captain

Post by plumber »

Thanks, Steve,
I was making reference to "Included in this package are enhancements for the default scenery of RAF Coningsby, UK by Mike MacIntyre"
So I suppose the question is; does this package include the default scenery?
Sorry to be like a dog with a bone about this!
Just to advise you that I think this a great package that also fits in with my Just Flt Mil packages. :lol:
BR
Brian H
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

OK the answer is yes, that is the folder that you have the jaguar bgls in. Trust me there is no way that MS default scenery would be that good. If you don't believe me try disabling that directory in your scenery.cfg and checking it out.
Steve
hakelius
Cadet
Cadet

Post by hakelius »

I have been looking for waypoints via the MAIW Waypoint link: 10EY, 10WY, 11EC etc...

Edit: I found the package it's MAIW RAF Coningsby but can't find the waypoints in it.

AIFP msg: The leg reference numbers in this message refer to the the text or traffic file, shown along the right-hand edge of the leg editor list box.
The following airport(s): 10EY, 10WY, 11EC, 11EQ, 11EY, 11WC, 11WQ, 11WY, 12EC, 12EQ, 12EY, 12WC, 12WQ, 12WY, 13EC, 13EQ, 13WC, 13WQ, 14EC, 14EQ, 14WC, 14WQ, 15WC, 17EY, 17WC, 17WY, 18EY, 18WY, 19EC, 19EQ, 19EY, 19WC, 19WQ, 19WY, 1EY, 1WC, 1WY, 20EC, 20EQ, 20EY, 20WC, 20WQ, 20WY, 21EC, 21EQ, 21WC, 21WQ, 22EC, 22EQ, 22WC, 22WQ, 23WC, 27EC, 27EQ, 27WC, 27WQ, 28EC, 28EQ, 28WC, 28WQ, 29EC, 29EQ, 29WC, 29WQ, 2EY, 2WY, 30EC, 30EQ, 30WC, 30WQ, 3EY, 3WC, 3WY, 4EY, 4WY, 5WC, 7WC, 9EY, 9WC and 9WY are not in "AirportList.dat".

(This was formely in another thread and I made an request: EDIT: Could you MOVE this to following tread: RAF Coningsby 121 Expeditionary Air Wing
as I think it belongs there as Traffic_EGXC_FlyBy is from that pakage. )
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

You won't find those waypoints. They are within a certain specific range of RAF Coningsby, which means that you don't actually need physical waypoints for aircraft to use them, IF you are at Coningsby. They are virtual waypoints. They are found only in the relevant airports.txt file.

It is part of the range of tools that Mike Mac uses to create the flypasts that he produces.

I hope this makes sense.
Steve
mikewmac
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran
Version: P3D

Post by mikewmac »

Steve is correct. Those are the virtual waypoints just outside the AI visible area around RAF Coningsby, Coltishall and Lossiemouth that I used for the 12 Ship Jaguar flybys at those airbases. They are only present in the the Airports_EGXC_FlyBy.txt file and of course the Traffic_EGXC_FlyBy.bgl file.

Sorry for the confusion.

Mike
    Mike M.
    hakelius
    Cadet
    Cadet

Post by hakelius »

Thank you both for your repley. So those are virtual waypoints and are those waypoints also virtual which are in Traffic_EGXC_Jaguar_6Sqn and other Airshow traffic files?
    Firebird
    MAIW Admin
    MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

I am not sure exactly what you mean, but those ones that in Traffic_EGXC_FlyBy.bgl that begin are called nEC , where n =a number, are virtual not real.

Generally speaking if there is no afcad in one of our packages, and there is a flypast or display that Mike has produced, then it is a virtual waypoint.
    Steve
    hakelius
    Cadet
    Cadet

Post by hakelius »

I ment just that if there are not available afcad files in MAIW pack then thoise waypoints are virtual. You wrote that nEC but are also nEQ, nWC etc... virtual waypoints?
    mikewmac
    MAIW Veteran
    MAIW Veteran
    Version: P3D

Post by mikewmac »

hakelius wrote:I ment just that if there are not available afcad files in MAIW pack then thoise waypoints are virtual. You wrote that nEC but are also nEQ, nWC etc... virtual waypoints?
    Yes, nEC/nWC, nEQ/nWQ and nEY/nWY and are all virtual east/west waypoints and are for the 12 ship NBAI Jaguar flybys at RAF Coningsby, RAF Lossiemouth and RAF Coltishall respectively. Virtual waypoints are simply waypoints without AFCAD's that an AI will fly to or from, disappearing as it leaves the AI visible area around the user's airport location or reappearing as it re-enters the the AI visible area around the user's airport location.

Mike
      Mike M.
      hakelius
      Cadet
      Cadet

Post by hakelius »

One thing which I noticed when watching Jaguars arriving back to Coningsby. Leading Jaguar made TNG and the other fullstop landing and after the latter Jaguar touched rwy it disapeared and tng Jaguar made normal tng.

I tried to see the flybys (Coltishall and Lossiemouth) but didn't managed. Departure was OK from Coningsby.
      ninelives
      Second Lieutenant
      Second Lieutenant

Post by ninelives »

Hi all. Newbie here. :D This is my first attempt at getting one of these packages to work. Sadly it has not been a pleasant experience.

I didn't want to post until I had tried everything and I have read all the previous posts here and after many, many hours I am at the point of giving up so here goes.

Like others before me, lots of Typhoons, lots of Tornados and no Jags.

I have checked for duplicate AFCADS (I use the Brt Airport packages).

I have NOT installed any additional scenery from AVSIM as nothing says you have to to make the Jags appear.

I have activated the Conningsby folder in FS9 (even though the readme doesn't say to but when I did all the Typhoons and Tornados then appeared !!).

I have read the readme in the Conningsby folder about the Jag flight times and set the sim to exactly those times with no result.

I have checked the models are in the a/c folder and I have checked that the traffic bgls are in the world scenery folder.

Now for the confusion......

Firebird said "providing that the model folder is in your \Flight Simulator 9\Aircraft\ folder and the traffic bgls are in the \Flight Simulator 9\Scenery\World\scenery\ folder, with the rest of the traffic bgls then they are going to be there."

Plumber then said "Re the Jag traffic files they were still in the Add On Scenery/Scenery file, I have moved them,
      to Scenery/World. There is nothing about this on the info sheets."

Firebird then said "No there isn't, they were designed by Mike Mac and he wanted them there.....They work there, its just not the norm. You delete the scenery and you delete the traffic as well."

?? If they work there why say move them somewhere else? Delete what scenery and traffic files when the above says "with the rest of the traffic bgls"

The long and the short is I have tried the traffic files in the original Conningsby folder (which is in Addon scenery folder where the installer put them), in the addon scenery folder itself and in the scenery/world/scenery folder and still no Jags or flypasts or anything.

Sorry to sound like an hysterical girl but I just don't understand why others appear to have got an installation that works 'out of the box' and mine doesn't.

And may I say that if you need to be moving files around after installation why doesn't the Readme give explicit instructions on what to do?

It looks a great package and I would just like it to work. Many thanks for any help you can give me.

PS I am running FS9 in Vista 32bit and have years of flight sim experience plus modding files etc. But you have got me beaten on this one !
      ninelives
      Second Lieutenant
      Second Lieutenant

Post by ninelives »

PS sorry for the above rant. I was getting very frustrated. Since posting I have spent many hours on this and think I have made progress.

WellI got the Jags all lined up and taking off but it's broken again!

The answer seems to be in that because I use British Airports although I disabled the scenery and AFCAD as instructed I had to put the flight plan into the BA folder which the ReadMe didn't say. Then it worked.

But now it isn't again so the hunt continues as to why this is happening.
      Firebird
      MAIW Admin
      MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Hi ninelives.
      Firstly, I should say that this package does work out of the box for 99% of the people. The point I was making was that you could move the traffic file, not that you had to. It's just that most people, who know a little bit about how FS9 AI works only look in one place rather than in other places that can work.

On to the readme not saying about activating the scenery, I was surprised as this is a standard section in our packages, when required. I checked and found that the third paragraph in step 4 does actually say that this is required.

I am somewhat surprised that you had to move the Traffic_EGXC_FlyBy.bgl and Traffic_EGXC_Jaguar_6Sqn.bgl to your BA folder. the reason that the readme doesn't mention this is because you don't have to. The only reason that I can possibly think that only moving those files there makes them appear is purely that the "MAIW RAF Coningsby" folder is not activated. Can you confirm that it is?

You can move them to your '\Flight Simulator 9\Scenery\World\scenery' folder but you do not have to, if your scenery folder is activated.

You say that it's broken again. Is this after you had moved things around and got it working and now doesn't work properly, or have you done something and now it doesn't work?

I am making an assumption here that your original problem was that the scenery wasn't activated and therefore nothing appeared. Other issues may have raise their head by attempts to fix the issue whilst the cause was still unknown. So if this is the case we need to untangle the wreckage.

So in a nutshell, what needs untangling and what needs fixing?
      Steve
      ninelives
      Second Lieutenant
      Second Lieutenant

Post by ninelives »

Hi thanks for replying.

First off with regard to activation of scenery.....yes this is on the readme but in the section for the additional scenery from AVSIM which like I said I have not installed because it doesn't say you have to....I guess it just makes it look better.

But even with the basic install I still had to activate the folders to get stuff showing. But anyway, that's history now.

I will be honest with you I have been moving so much stuff around I cannot possibly remember what has been done or in what order but what I can tell you is that as soon as I moved the Jag flight files into the the BA folder North folder AFCAD I had Jags everywhere and then I started to get the 6 plane line up and take off. Great!

But then I did something. Having moved the 2 flight files there I wondered what would happen if I moved the Traffic Military bgl there as well. This had the effect of still showing all the a/c but no takes offs.

No problem I thought. Just move it back again. But I had the same result.

I have the basic FS9 with FS Terrain and BRT Airports installed and made a back up before I started on MAW mods so it's no problem re-installing FS9 when it cocks up like this. I am happy to try anything you can suggest.

I now have another fresh install with no MAW installation and ready to have another go if you are prepared to lend the time. I have tried auto and manual install of the package by the way so maybe if I do another install exactly as the readme instructs and then report back and if it's not working we can go from there before I start trying stuff myself again. Does this sound ok?

Many thanks again.
      Firebird
      MAIW Admin
      MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

That sounds fine. My thinking was maybe if we able to untangle the wreckage and start again then we could see if we could get it running fine.

Now that you know the original cause and what to disable in BA you should be fine, but help will be here if you need it.
      Steve
      ninelives
      Second Lieutenant
      Second Lieutenant

Post by ninelives »

Thanks very much. Just to say I am not sure when it will be exactly. May be tonight but may be next week. But anyway, when I do I will report back. 8)
      ninelives
      Second Lieutenant
      Second Lieutenant

Post by ninelives »

OK I have tried again and it still won't work..

Before I do anything else here is a step by step rundown as I installed the package. I just don't know what I am missing !

-----

Manual Install....

ADDON FOLDER
      1. I put the MAIW RAF Coningsby folder into FS9 Addon folder
      2. copied the contents of scenery folder into FS9 scenery folder of addon folder

AIRCRAFT FOLDER
      1. copied contents of a/c folder into FS9 a/c folder

EFFECTS FOLDER
      copied contents of texture folder into texture folder in FS9 effects folder
      copied remainder of effects folder into FS9 effects folder

MILITARY AI WORKS
      copied over entire folder into FS9 folder

SCENERY
      copied contents of scenery folder of world folder into scenery folder of world folder in FS9 scenery folder

Went into Addon scenery/scenery folder to check for duplicate AFCADS but as the folder was previously empty all contents is MIAW.

Not bothered about voicepacks. Not bothered about AVSIM scenery.

Went to FS9/Scenery/BrApt/North1/Scenery folder and deleted the 3 files as instructed

went to FS9/Scenery/BrApt/North1_AFCAD/Scenery and deleted the 1 file as instructed

Fired up FS9 and went to add scenery and clicked scenery and other files in Addon and World folders and it confirmed FS9 had to be re-started. Re-started FS9.

Created Conningsby flight at 9am on a Saturday. Typhoons and Tornados but no Jags and no take offs.

Help !