The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Shaw AFB package by MAIW

Post all questions and problems with official MAIW Packages for FS9 in this forum. Each package has a dedicated thread for support.
reconmercs
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran
Version: FS9

Shaw AFB package by MAIW

Post by reconmercs »

please use this thread to ask questions and provide constructive feedback about this package here

direct link:
http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=104774
StingingCanine
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by StingingCanine »

Sorry if this is OT, but does anyone know of a scenery that could be used for this release?

I flew there last night and it is really cool to have all the different serial numbers on the planes!

BTW, no problems on the install. Piece of cake. You guys outdid yourselves once again. :D
BadPvtDan
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Post by BadPvtDan »

None available at this time.
"The first rule of Zombieland: Cardio. When the zombie outbreak first hit, the first to go, for obvious reasons... were the fatties."
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

Post by Joseph29 »

In the aircraft cfg file for the F-16D the entry for fltsim.3 has model=air but there is no air model for the F-16D. Is this supposed to be model=normal?
BadPvtDan
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by BadPvtDan »

Probably so, Joseph. You could change it to whatever you like.
"The first rule of Zombieland: Cardio. When the zombie outbreak first hit, the first to go, for obvious reasons... were the fatties."
Holy Cheese
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Holy Cheese »

Another awesome package! Thanks guys :D

Jack
Cliffie2025
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Cliffie2025 »

Any body else get a runway sign on the runway?
BadPvtDan
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by BadPvtDan »

It might have been blown over by one of the jets? :)

I will check my (heavily modded) system this afternoon and if I can find it I will create an exclude and post it here.
Cliffie2025
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Cliffie2025 »

It appears 4L runway is slight moved away from the pan cos the end of runway lighting is offset as well ?
BadPvtDan
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by BadPvtDan »

Bah...may have to rerelase the afcad if the lights are off as well. I need to check it out on my machine to see if that was just overlooked by myself.
BadPvtDan
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by BadPvtDan »

Hmmm...the lights look fine (to my eyes) on my afcad. I haven't looked in game yet for the wayward marker.
BadPvtDan
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by BadPvtDan »

I found it! Here is the exclude.
Last edited by BadPvtDan on 15 Jun 2007, 02:02, edited 1 time in total.
ronniegj

Post by ronniegj »

There are 2 errors in the readme for Shaw.

1) at para 3e) user is instructed to press SHIFT + A, however, user should press Ctrl + A. (This instruction is to select all voice mod at once.)

2) there should be a para 3g) Save the modifications before exiting Voicepack Editor, which will take up to a few minutes. Ready will appear at the lower left when done.

Ron
BadPvtDan
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by BadPvtDan »

Gah!
That didn't seem to work guys...sorry. I just tried something else and it's still not working. Let me play with it a bit. I just threw that one together before we went out for dinner expecting it would be fine. Sometimes excludes can be finicky.
BadPvtDan
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by BadPvtDan »

Well, I have tried everything and nothing works. I have come across objects like this before. I created 5 different excludes with various options and nada...won't go away. Put them in different folders as well.
btaylo24
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by btaylo24 »

Looks like someone is actually reading the readme!
lol :D

Barry
alexrfixit
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by alexrfixit »

I know this package has been out for a while, but I've only just come across this problem. On weekly flightplans, a flight of 11 F-16s leaves Lakenheath (EGUL) at 07:59:11 UTC bound for Riyadh AB (OERY). They all taxi out fine and take off. Switching to Riyadh to see them come in, all 11 appear at the appointed time, but only 4 (the first 4 in order of the flightplans) descend and land. The others just don't descend from cruising altitude and eventually disappear. Any ideas what might be wrong? (The flightplans are the last ones in the flightplans.txt file for anyone who's interested).
Where did I put my beer??!
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Alex, what arrival time are you checking for?
The reason I ask is that I can see a reason why the last six could have a problem but not on their arrival from LN, but on the following day.
Steve
alexrfixit
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by alexrfixit »

Steve, I started off at 12:50 UTC at OERY, tried again pushing the time back 5 minutes to see if that made a difference, then tried again starting at 12:30 to give tha AI plenty of time to sort itself out. On the last try 5 of the aircraft descended to land, don't know if that tells us anything?
Where did I put my beer??!
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Hmmm, curious. I tried at 13:00 and all came down safely, in fact I have a few pics of 4 on the runway at the same time (I believe this may be something to do with the special FDE that HT uses).

Which afcad are you using? I have one found from somewhere, that hasn't been altered in anyway that I will pm you, see if that helps.
Steve