The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Shaw AFB package by MAIW

Post all questions and problems with official MAIW Packages for FS9 in this forum. Each package has a dedicated thread for support.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Post by Firebird »

Well guys, the different afcad didn't help, lets face it it was a long shot anyway.
Anybody seen or heard of a similar situation before?
Steve
alexrfixit
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by alexrfixit »

I tried again going to OERY at 13:00 like you did, Steve. This time the whole 11 were together at about 12000 feet, but still only 4 dropped down and landed, the rest carried on at about 12000ft then disappeared. Me, I'm confused!!!
Where did I put my beer??!
BadPvtDan
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Post by BadPvtDan »

Good catch. Only 3 of mine landed. They sure did look neat all spread out in the sky, though!
"The first rule of Zombieland: Cardio. When the zombie outbreak first hit, the first to go, for obvious reasons... were the fatties."
alexrfixit
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by alexrfixit »

Glad it's not just me then Danny!
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Guys the only thing that my brain cell can come up with is that its a boundary thing. I have read before that the AI system has a series of boundaries and maybe OERY is just a bit too close to one and the traffic is too high to descend in time, so effectively they go ballistic. The traffic initiates between 16 and 32 miles from the base

Does this seem plausible? My reasoning for this is purely because I followed the planes using TVB and the air traffic instructions were constant as it tried to get around all 11 planes, and receive their responses.

Also a second time I tried it 4 a/c disappeared on short finals right after receiving go around messages, due to a pesky Saudi Tornado doing visual circuits and seemingly taking priority.
Steve
BadPvtDan
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by BadPvtDan »

LOL I saw that Tornado as well! He sure did look pretty, though. I think we just have to accept that the FS engine does quirky things and was not MEANT to do the things we try and make it do.

I had high hopes that FSX would cater to us but it appears that's not the case.
"The first rule of Zombieland: Cardio. When the zombie outbreak first hit, the first to go, for obvious reasons... were the fatties."
Garysb
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by Garysb »

You wait until you have 146 pesky F15's in the circuit! :lol: :lol:

Tornados's = :D

Its the way I plan them !
alexrfixit
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by alexrfixit »

I did wonder whether the Saudi Tornado was part of the problem - when I get time I'll remove the Saudi .bgl and see if it makes a difference!