The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Barksdale AFB Support Thread

Post all questions and problems with official MAIW Packages for FS9 in this forum. Each package has a dedicated thread for support.
Peterwk
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Re: Barksdale AFB Support Thread

Post by Peterwk »

Hello Mike,

I installed it in FS9.

Best regards,

Peter
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Post by MIKE JG »

Ok in that case try removing these scenery files one at a time to see which one is causing the problem:

Barksdale_VTTP.bgl
Barksdale1_VTTH.bgl
Barksdale_Night_Map_LWM2.bgl

Remove one, then reboot and see if that gets rid of the water. If you can isolate the offending file, we can try to figure out a solution.

Those files control the ground textures around the base. The base uses a photo tile scenery and sometimes that can cause problems.
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
Peterwk
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Peterwk »

Hi Mike,

Problem fixed - I had not used all of the files due to previous problems of FS9 crashing - it seems to be OK now.

Many thanks for a brilliant scenery.

Best regards,

Peter
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Post by MIKE JG »

You're welcome.
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
stoney67
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FS9

Post by stoney67 »

I love the Barksdale AFB package. really, the best I have ever seen, freeware or payware. The only problem is one vehicle texture that refuses to show in most of the MAIW AFBs I have installed. Hope my screenshot comes through. I believe I do have everything installed correctly.
Attachments
grab_016.bmp
grab_016.bmp (120.05 KiB) Viewed 976 times
stoney67
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by stoney67 »

Hmmm...Let me try that screen shot again John. Here goes,
Attachments
Barksdale AFB.bmp
Barksdale AFB.bmp (56.26 KiB) Viewed 968 times
stoney67
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by stoney67 »

Can't seem to send PM to you John, says I'm not allowed. Hope the screen came through this time as I resized it smaller. If not, the vehicle I'm asking about is a tanker type truck next to the fire trucks.
stoney67
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by stoney67 »

Hanger No.4
JohnStinstrom
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by JohnStinstrom »

Is it this one? This can happen if you have more than one copy of the library on your system, didn't let the install program overwrite your existing files, or the package manager did not use the most current object library. Add this texture to your MAIW Object Library Folder and see if it works.
Attachments
texture.zip
(69.13 KiB) Downloaded 34 times
1.gif
1.gif (34.35 KiB) Viewed 967 times
stoney67
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by stoney67 »

No, sorry that's not it. In fact my fire unit is yellow. Sorry to be such a pain. I have U/L a screen shot to my Photo Bucket account, which is here:

http://s252.photobucket.com/user/stoney ... sort=3&o=0

Sure hops this works. For what ever reason none of my screens will show here regardless of it's size.
As an aside. I chose my icon as I was a crew chief in the 17th T.A.S. (Fire Birds) on C-130D's at Elmendorf AFB in the 1960's.
JohnStinstrom
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by JohnStinstrom »

That's one of the fuel trucks from the GGSE.bgl library. I would strongly recommend you download the latest (and last) version of the library directly from Avsim.net (file name is ggse_v4.zip). This last version contains model updates and textures fixes not available in the MAIW version - BUT you must read the readme and follow the instructions carefully.

If you prefer to continue to use the old library set then I recommend you re-install and allow the install program to overwrite your existing files. Also check to make sure that you have only ONE version of the library on your system. I have found that my own FS9 will sometimes display 'blank' objects because it is using the library from one scenery folder and the textures from another which is a no-no.
stoney67
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by stoney67 »

Great! Thanks John, will do.
stoney67
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by stoney67 »

Reinstalled all the new Scenery Objects Library. Quite an improvement! Ghost tanker remains but the red fire truck is now there!
JohnStinstrom
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by JohnStinstrom »

Glad to hear there are improvements but sad to hear there are still problems :? .

Here is photo from my own setup of what you should see. There is no fuel truck in the foreground and the ambulance is missing from the background so I am wondering if someone added some objects after the scenery was done. It could also indicate some problem with the library although they use common GUID (Identification) numbers so I'm not sure why the objects do not display properly.

I recommend you check your system for the file 'GGSE' and make sure there is only ONE library and texture set. If you are using my latest independent update remember that you must disable or remove the old 'GGSE' library (GGSE.bgl) that comes with the package and use only the new one.

I am attaching my own GSE placement file, you might want to replace yours and see if that helps. As I say in the Readme I am sorry for the inconvenience :(
Attachments
Barksdale GSE Placement.bgl
(8.86 KiB) Downloaded 37 times
screen.gif
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

Post by Joseph29 »

In my sim (FS9) at dusk and dawn water shows up around the buildings and apron at Barksdale. I removed the file Barksdale_Night_Map_LWM2.bgl and that got rid of the water, but now after about 10-15 seconds my sim crashes.
JohnStinstrom
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by JohnStinstrom »

The water poly was there to black out the default city lights that showed up in the infield. Some users haver reported that it showed up from time to time although in the placement order it is buried under the photo background and theoretically should never be visible. Removal of the VTPL file in and of itself should not cause any problem with the FS engine itself.

Hartwig had an issue with CTDs at sunrise/sunet with the Randolph AFB scenery. He solved this issue by creating a set of night texture tiles that go into the X:/FS9/Scenery/World/Texture folder. I am attaching a similar set here that you might want to try. If there are still issues you might try a program called Process Monitor to narrow down the offending file(s).
Attachments
Barksdale Night Tiles.zip
(10.24 KiB) Downloaded 43 times
stoney67
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by stoney67 »

Nope, sorry, but no joy John. Really no big deal as it's such a small thing in such superb scenery. I love to taxi over and watch the two animated earth moving machine at work, really cool!

The same ghost truck is present at Andrews AFB fire unit hanger as well.