The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Hurlburt Field package by MAIW

Post all questions and problems with official MAIW Packages for FS9 in this forum. Each package has a dedicated thread for support.
reconmercs
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran
Version: FS9

Hurlburt Field package by MAIW

Post by reconmercs »

please use this topic to ask questions and provide constructive feedback about this package here

direct link:
http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=105772
Keith Jones
Captain
Captain

Post by Keith Jones »

Just started to install the package and read the 'readme.txt' where it says, "simply open the MAIW EAP Thailand folder and click the included .exe file". I realise this is wrong, but people who rely on these instructions might get confused.
Where ever you go, there you are.
BadPvtDan
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Post by BadPvtDan »

Oops! I thought we had found all those. I would bet $1.25 you're the only one who reads the Read Me!
Obviously we didn't :)
"The first rule of Zombieland: Cardio. When the zombie outbreak first hit, the first to go, for obvious reasons... were the fatties."
SMOC
Captain
Captain

Post by SMOC »

It should be Hurlburt... not Hulburt. Took me a few minutes to find it on AVSIM due to the misspelling.
BadPvtDan
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by BadPvtDan »

Where are you guys at when we're looking for beta testers? :)
"The first rule of Zombieland: Cardio. When the zombie outbreak first hit, the first to go, for obvious reasons... were the fatties."
reconmercs
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by reconmercs »

SMOC wrote:It should be Hurlburt... not Hulburt. Took me a few minutes to find it on AVSIM due to the misspelling.
or you could've just clicked the direct link :wink:

sorry bout the mispelling though and the EAP reference in the readme :( though it IS very nice to know some of yall actually read them these days, yesterday we were actually joking about ways to get yall to start reading them :lol:
SMOC
Captain
Captain

Post by SMOC »

reconmercs wrote:
SMOC wrote:It should be Hurlburt... not Hulburt. Took me a few minutes to find it on AVSIM due to the misspelling.
or you could've just clicked the direct link :wink:
I don't recall that being there last night when you originally posted... was it? I saw the post with no link, went to Avsim and typed in Hurlburt to no avail. Tried it again this morning before I came back to MAIW this morning and noticed the error in spelling. Besides, when you click on the direct link it takes to the direct download instead of the page where I can read the synopses. So I still would have tried to search for it via Hurlburt.
reconmercs
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by reconmercs »

yeah the link was up within about 10 mins of the posting of the thread, I got lucky with Avsim lastnight and met the upload deadline for the last uploads for the night, but you could've seen the thread before I got the link up, appologies, happy your reading my new somewhat creative upload descriptions though :wink:
KevinJarvis
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by KevinJarvis »

all these years and I still don't read the read-me....LOL.

Package install was perfect for me.

Thanks for all the hard work.

KJ
StingingCanine
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by StingingCanine »

I think I had it installed within 10 minutes of it hitting AVSIM! I wondering if I can make it mesh with Gordon Perry's Hurlburt scenery.
Keith Jones
Captain
Captain

Post by Keith Jones »

BadPvtDan wrote:Where are you guys at when we're looking for beta testers? :)
Didn't realise you were looking for such people! Give me a shout next time and I'll see what I can do for you.
Where ever you go, there you are.
merlin101
Major
Major

Post by merlin101 »

StingingCanine wrote:I think I had it installed within 10 minutes of it hitting AVSIM! I wondering if I can make it mesh with Gordon Perry's Hurlburt scenery.
I've used that scenery. I didn't use the MAIW AFCAD, so modified Gordons one. Only problem i got is sinking a/c! looking into it now to fix it,
Dave
Bone184

Post by Bone184 »

Something is strange with my Hurlburt Scenery........When I taxi to the runway I can see the Taxi Way or Runway but as soon as I get airborne I can see them, it's almost like they're below the surface of the ground, how do I fix this?
ugo1
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by ugo1 »

I notice that many C-130 has this entry atc_parking_types=MIL_COMBAT and Afcad has MIL_CARGO types an example is the 16SOS

Ugo
Garysb
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by Garysb »

ugo1 wrote:I notice that many C-130 has this entry atc_parking_types=MIL_COMBAT and Afcad has MIL_CARGO types an example is the 16SOS

Ugo
Ugo
You are indeed correct that the parking types shoul read atc_parking_types=MIL_Cargo

You can easily change the aircraft config file using "find and replace" in the edit drop down

I do not know if this will make any difference as the spots are coded for squadrons.

but in any case we should have spotted such an error and can only apologize

Thanks for telling us

Gary
Holy Cheese
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: P3D

Post by Holy Cheese »

This is probably a very dumb question, but I notice that on the left fuselage of the C130-H's in the package, there are 2 objects that look like wheels, and on the right fuselage the forward door is painted black, as if it were open.

Are these supposed to look like this, and if so, what are those two wheel thingies?

Apologies from one who knows not much at all about military aircraft but who loves your packages :oops:

Cheers
Jack
iaint
Cadet
Cadet

Post by iaint »

They are supposed to be like that, They are representative of the AC-130's that are stationed there... and those discs are meant to be the weapons or where the weapons are situated... Unfortunatley, (as far as I'm aware) there is no point or way of modelling the weapons (possibly to fps??)
Hope that helps...

Iain
Holy Cheese
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Holy Cheese »

Aaaahh! I'd looked up the aircraft on Airliners.net, and had seen that it was a gunship, but I didn't put 2 and 2 together - told you I was dumb :lol:

Thanks for clearing that up!
Jack
flyerkg
Major
Major

Post by flyerkg »

iaint wrote:They are supposed to be like that, They are representative of the AC-130's that are stationed there... and those discs are meant to be the weapons or where the weapons are situated... Unfortunatley, (as far as I'm aware) there is no point or way of modelling the weapons (possibly to fps??)
Hope that helps...

Iain
When measuring the work that has gone into the aircraft modeled in the Hurlburt package, I can say for certain that the designer is well capable of modeling the guns that would be in the place of these flat depictions. I would not assume that you cannot model the weapons. I would not consider this being a misfortune, but a choice. A couple of simple tubes could have been placed just like anything else that is extending from the fuselage. Likewise, on those that would be MC-130P models, the external refueling pods that contain the drogue and hose reels could have been place just like the external fuel pods.
I hope that helps.

Keith
btaylo24
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by btaylo24 »

The Herks were modeled by Henry Tomkiewicz, not MAIW
To get "tubes" added would need a redo of the model by Henry.
Not a simple process, as he seems to not be around much these day.

Of course people can simply make there own Herk model and add the "tubes"

Barry