The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Hurlburt Field package by MAIW

Post all questions and problems with official MAIW Packages for FS9 in this forum. Each package has a dedicated thread for support.
KMTC
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FS9

Post by KMTC »

Just wanna say thanks for the Hulburt pack, my uncle is going to become a Wing Commander there next month :D
Matt
BadPvtDan
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Post by BadPvtDan »

That's awesome, Matt and you are very welcome. I spent some time in Destin, Florida last year and got to see these guys flying around.
"The first rule of Zombieland: Cardio. When the zombie outbreak first hit, the first to go, for obvious reasons... were the fatties."
scottr5213
Captain
Captain

Post by scottr5213 »

Great job guy's I did notice the disk on the side of the fuslage but when you do a flyby and you know that they are AC-130 I dont tkink you would notice that theres no tube sticking out
jetmax
Major
Major

Post by jetmax »

Hello all
I am TDY down here at Hurlburt Field right now. From what I have seen of the flight line the package looks spot on. One of the U-28 was out flying around yeaterday. They also have a C-26 painted in the low vis grey that was doing so cool stuff last night. I've also seen MC and AC-130s, UH-1N, MH-53 and the MV-22 (on the ground).

Cheers

Scott
Scott "Jetmax" Jones
The Virtual Air National Guard
Ask me how to join....
http://www.flyvang.org/
mr.bean
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by mr.bean »

I have a problem. there's no traffic at Hurlburt. I have all traffic settings at max. I see no aircraft from units based at Hurlburt from the ground or air. I'm running FSX. The Holloman packages work fine in FSX. But not Hurlburt.
:cry:
mr.bean
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by mr.bean »

About my problem, forget about it.
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

Re: Hurlburt Field package by MAIW

Post by Victory103 »

I know, old post, reinstalling for FSX and noticed there are 2 links on the "Map" page, one for "Hurlburt" and "Hulbert". Looks like both .zip files are the same.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
Mike...

Post by Mike... »

Okay, let's try this again...

What do we need to remove from this package for it to be compatible with the newly released Cannon AFB package?
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

I believe that in really simplistic terms you need to do two things.
You need to remove the paints from the two sqns that have moved from the Hurlburt aircraft folders, I am not on my main puter so I can't check exactly what is needed, and alter the appropriate entries from the aircraft.cfg, UNLESS the entire folder is removed.

Then you need to alter the raw text files that you get with every MAIW package, you do keep them don't you?, and remove the relevant entries from the aircraft and flightpan text files. The airport file you can leave.

Then compile the newly amended text files, using any tool you like such as ttools or AIFP, and this will replace the original traffic bgl and the problem will be solved.

If you aren't sure about this I will try to help when I am back home.
Steve
Mike...

Post by Mike... »

Well, I think I've removed the necessary files, just editing the flightplans at the moment, though the Hurlburt package only came with a traffic bgl file, not the source files, but that is okay.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Really? Damn, there is always one that comes back to bite you.
Steve
bismarck
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by bismarck »

These are the aircrafts you have to remove:

AC#40,330,"MAIW_HTAI_AC130H_RCH_XX_69-6568"
AC#41,330,"MAIW_HTAI_AC130H_RCH_XX_69-6569"
AC#42,330,"MAIW_HTAI_AC130H_RCH_XX_69-6570"
AC#43,330,"MAIW_HTAI_AC130H_RCH_XX_69-6572"
AC#44,330,"MAIW_HTAI_AC130H_RCH_XX_69-6573"
AC#45,330,"MAIW_HTAI_AC130H_RCH_XX_69-6574"
AC#46,330,"MAIW_HTAI_AC130H_RCH_XX_69-6575"
AC#47,330,"MAIW_HTAI_AC130H_RCH_XX_69-6577"
AC#60,330,"MAIW_HTAI_MC130W_RCH_XX_87-9286"
AC#61,330,"MAIW_HTAI_MC130W_RCH_XX_88-1301"
AC#62,330,"MAIW_HTAI_MC130W_RCH_XX_88-1304"
AC#63,330,"MAIW_HTAI_MC130W_RCH_XX_88-1305"
AC#64,330,"MAIW_HTAI_MC130W_RCH_XX_88-1306"
AC#65,330,"MAIW_HTAI_MC130W_RCH_XX_88-1307"
AC#66,330,"MAIW_HTAI_MC130W_RCH_XX_88-1308"

Giorgio
Mike...

Post by Mike... »

Glad to know those are the ones I removed and nothing else.

:wink:
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Joseph29 »

Firebird wrote:I believe that in really simplistic terms you need to do two things.
You need to remove the paints from the two sqns that have moved from the Hurlburt aircraft folders, I am not on my main puter so I can't check exactly what is needed, and alter the appropriate entries from the aircraft.cfg, UNLESS the entire folder is removed.

Then you need to alter the raw text files that you get with every MAIW package, you do keep them don't you?, and remove the relevant entries from the aircraft and flightpan text files. The airport file you can leave.

Then compile the newly amended text files, using any tool you like such as ttools or AIFP, and this will replace the original traffic bgl and the problem will be solved.

Couldn't you just delete the needed textures? To make things easier I just delete the needed aircraft textures and leave the flightplans alone.
maverick69
Major
Major

Post by maverick69 »

Joseph29 wrote:
Firebird wrote:I believe that in really simplistic terms you need to do two things.

Couldn't you just delete the needed textures? To make things easier I just delete the needed aircraft textures and leave the flightplans alone.
If you delete only texture folders and don't delete cfg entries you'll see the aircraft without paint but still present on the ramp
- Maurizio C.
CelticWarrior
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by CelticWarrior »

maverick69 wrote: If you delete only texture folders and don't delete cfg entries you'll see the aircraft without paint but still present on the ramp
.. taking up parking spaces wherever they go.
"We attack tomorrow under cover of daylight! It's the last thing they'll be expecting ... a daylight charge across the minefield .."
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by campbeme »

Use ACA2005 to delete the duplicate aircraft.cfg entry and texture (click box) at the same time, it also renumbers your cfg. Takes no time at all to do.

Mark :D
Mark
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Joseph29 wrote:Couldn't you just delete the needed textures? To make things easier I just delete the needed aircraft textures and leave the flightplans alone.
If you leave the flightplans alone, in the case of duplicate config entries, then you will have traffic at both places using the one set of textures and fltsim entries.
Steve
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Joseph29 »

Firebird wrote:
Joseph29 wrote:Couldn't you just delete the needed textures? To make things easier I just delete the needed aircraft textures and leave the flightplans alone.
If you leave the flightplans alone, in the case of duplicate config entries, then you will have traffic at both places using the one set of textures and fltsim entries.
I never thought of that. I figured every MAIW package would have different aircraft entries for the flightplans.
maverick69 wrote:
Joseph29 wrote:

If you delete only texture folders and don't delete cfg entries you'll see the aircraft without paint but still present on the ramp
I delete the cfg entries.
Joecoastie
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Joecoastie »

I was flying around in my FAA Flight Check bird doing some missed approaches at Hurlburt Field when I noticed a C-130 lining up for landing. Looked like he needed to declare an emergency. :shock: Fire streaming out behind. He calmly made a touch & go still streaming flames.
I landed and took two pics on his next go around. There was another 130 shooting T&G at the same time and it did not display any flames.

Is this an .fx file that caught fire :lol: or is it something you all had added on purpose? :?:
Or is it because I haven't deleted it (Leopard 1308) and let him go to New Mexico?
Service to my Country 9/61 - 2/03
US Navy - HS-3, VX-1, HS-7 (USS Intrepid, USS Wasp, USS Yorktown)
Va National Guard - 229th Cbt Avn Co
US Coast Guard - E City CGAS, CGC Morro Bay, RTC Yorktown
NOAA - Co-op Observer 1983 - present