The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

KBAB Building crash or FSX popup

Post all questions and problems with official MAIW Packages for FS9 in this forum. Each package has a dedicated thread for support.
Emile
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: P3D

KBAB Building crash or FSX popup

Post by Emile »

Hello,
Have just installed the new package and when I try to takeoff from KBAB I receive a building creash or a FSX popup
Recommendations?
Thanks in advance.
Emile EBBR Asus P7P67 Pro v3, Intel 1155 3.4 GH, Corsair DDR3 8Gb,PCX Nvidia 950 ti,PCX Nvidia 1050 ti,
SSD 120Gb, 2 x 1 Tera SATA6, Dual Boot . Win10 Pro X64,
mikewmac
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Re: KBAB Building crash or FSX popup

Post by mikewmac »

Emile wrote:Hello,
Have just installed the new package and when I try to takeoff from KBAB I receive a building creash or a FSX popup
Recommendations?
Thanks in advance.
Emile,

The MAIW Beale AFB Package was created for use with FS9, not FSX, so it is not surprising that you are having problems trying to use it with FSX. Sorry.

Mike
CelticWarrior
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: FSX

Post by CelticWarrior »

Emile,

I got that message a couple of times. I think it means that FSX has already allocated the Gate/Ramp you are trying to start from to an AI aircraft. Try changing your start location to see if that overcomes the problem. You may have to try going to the runway to start.

Good luck!
"We attack tomorrow under cover of daylight! It's the last thing they'll be expecting ... a daylight charge across the minefield .."
John Knapp
Cadet
Cadet
Version: FS9

Post by John Knapp »

The problem seems to be caused by Beale AFB.blg. Just remove that file and the building crashes go away. On the downside, it also removes most of the custom buildings. I don't know what's inside that file that is causing the problem. Turning off crash detection will let you fly around the area if you don't want to remove that file.

Been using that base to practice using Airport Design Editor and Instant Scenery, but I seem to still be at the bottom of the learning curve.

John
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Post by VulcanDriver »

I seem to recall this when the package was first released. The only solution is to turn crash detection off IIRC.

John
John

"That is the biggest fool thing we have ever done. The A-bomb will never go off, and I speak as an expert in explosives." - Admiral William Leahy
mikewmac
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by mikewmac »

VulcanDriver wrote:I seem to recall this when the package was first released. The only solution is to turn crash detection off IIRC.

John
John,

You are correct. It is a problem in how the Beale scenery was created. The original scenery designers are now out of FS9 and were not willing to fix it so the only options were to turn off crash detection or remove the scenery. :(

Mike