The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Langley AFB package by MAIW

Post all questions and problems with official MAIW Packages for FS9 in this forum. Each package has a dedicated thread for support.
reconmercs
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran
Version: FS9

Langley AFB package by MAIW

Post by reconmercs »

please use this thread to ask questions and provide constructive feedback about this package here

direct link:
http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?Ca ... LID=134970
Mod Edit:
Changed to version 2 link.
NoNameVet
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by NoNameVet »

GOOOOOOAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLL :)
reconmercs
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by reconmercs »

NoNameVet wrote:GOOOOOOAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLL :)
so does that mean your excited :wink:
reconmercs
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by reconmercs »

one of our contributors just caught a minor credit error in the readme, Mike"Magic Mike" MacIntyre did the FDE's for the F-15 and F-22, not Mike Pearson just to clear up any confusion :wink:
wilycoyote4
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by wilycoyote4 »

Fascinating, captain, thanks again.
Makadocias
Captain
Captain

Post by Makadocias »

This is some nice package once again!!!! Thanks a lot!!! :D
Ford Friendly
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Ford Friendly »

Installation was very smooth as seems to be the norm for MAIW packages. Nice work fellas.
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

Post by Joseph29 »

The NASA 757 does not show up. It is because in the aircraft cfg file the model line was left blank. I put no_refl and it's good now, but is it supposed to be no_refl or reflective?
djnocturnal
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by djnocturnal »

awesome!!!! thanks for taking the time to make this!!!
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel

NASA Learjet 23?

Post by Joseph29 »

This is not a problem but does NASA still fly their Learjet 23? I have flightplans and the paint for it and if they still fly the plane I will add it to my Langley package.
reconmercs
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by reconmercs »

hmm I'm not sure Joseph, its possible NASA seems to fly alittle bit of everything
muppi
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by muppi »

Greetings All,
This is my first post here, and can I say how impressed I am with the military packages and by enlarge there has been no problem however today I installed your Langley AFB package and all of a sudden my frame rate dropped from 34 to 001.0.
My sim is FS2004
I have a.....
Pentium 4 duel prossesor 3.2GB
Pci Express
2Gb DDR2 Ram
Nvidia 6600V+ 512mb/DDR2
I have AVG Anti Spyware and McAfee Antivirus which revealed the odd tracking cookie.
This drop in F/R has just happened texture rendering is very slow take the traffic out and I'm back at 34F/R, I have tried 0% traffic to 100% I get
001.0 F/R at every setting from 0%.
Please I would be interested on your thought on this.
Thank you.
nickblack423
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by nickblack423 »

This is a total first as far as I knowmate. Ive never heard of this happening. I get pretty much the same frames as normal with the AI Langley package, and Im running a pretty slow laptop. It has to be something to do with your system. Its not a common problem with the package or, it wouldve been spotted in BETA testing. I couldnt for the life of me guess what it is that is causing it. It could be any one of numerous things. Maybe let us know what aircraft you are flying, what other third party packages you have installed that may be affecting the Langley bits. And we'll try our best to help you out mate.

Nick
"Pain Heals......Chicks Dig Scars.....Glory, Lasts Forever!!!"
muppi
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by muppi »

Hi Nick,
Normally to look at a new package I use the default Cessna 172, I have loads of 3rd party addons Flytampa, flight1, Just Flight Civil and both Military packs and Cloud 9.
I have had these packages for ages without any problem and have added nothing new apart from Langley today which is when the glitch occurred.
I agree with you this is very unusual and I understand that this pack has been fully tested before release.
Also this has happened at Lakenheath which has caused the hole of the UK to give me 001.0 F/R as with the USA.
I get good F/R's at Asia major airports like RPLL, VHHH and VTBD with traffic maxed out.
Cheers and thank you
Stewart Pearson
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by Stewart Pearson »

Not 100% certain, but could the Just Flight Military Pack + any MAIW packages be giving you duplicate traffic. Therefore you end up with twice the amount of Mil flights.

Just a thought

Cheers

Stew 8)
Stew

"There is an art … to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
muppi
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by muppi »

Hi,
I purchased System Mechanic which found a load of problems, the F/R's at Langley now is much improved about 10 down to 1.4 at it's worst so I can live with that until I can find the real cause for the drain as the land textures look like Baby's well you know what I mean :lol:.
So with that thank you both for taking the time to help me I really appreciate it.
Cheers.
WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot
Cadet
Cadet

Planes not flying

Post by WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot »

I downloaded the langley package yesterday. I have planes on the tarmac F22's f-15's the c-21 and the nasa 757. However none of the planes are flying. Do I need to do something with the flight plans using traffic tools. The seem to be there. By the way I "flew" Friday between 11 am and 12.00 noon eastern time and again today at about 1.30 pm eastern and I still haven't seen any aircraft flying.

Thanks again for the great package and thanks in advance for your help!
reconmercs
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by reconmercs »

hey Whiskey, no you don't have to do anything. Friday is a slow day try earlier in the week ie Monday mornings, Tuesdays :wink:
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Post by MIKE JG »

Damm military AI pilots, they never work the weekends.............. :lol:
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
NoNameVet
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by NoNameVet »

just make sure you remove any other AFCAD files for KLFI before you try to look around there. I had some file there and was wondering why I had no aircraft on the ramp -- it's like the entire base went TDY or something. Removed the rogue AFCAD, and then :: poof :: MAIW Goodness :)