The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

1st Anniversary Airshow package by MAIW

Post all questions and problems with official MAIW Packages for FS9 in this forum. Each package has a dedicated thread for support.
reconmercs
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran
Version: FS9

1st Anniversary Airshow package by MAIW

Post by reconmercs »

please use this thread to ask questions and provide constructive feedback about this package here

direct link:
http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=107957
reconmercs
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by reconmercs »

before the bombarding of questions start coming in asking "how come X aircraft isn't showing up" PLEASE make sure you read the README, it lists the needed addons as well as how to make the scenery work properly
Seagull
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Seagull »

Many thanks for this one.

Wish you all a very Happy 1st. Birthday. Well done and may you a;; have a lot more. :D
mikewmac
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran
Version: P3D

Post by mikewmac »

Airshow Tip #1

As I stated in the Readme the MAIW 1st Anniversary Airshow is designed to have Runways 36L and 36R active at MAIW (Works) Field, since I fine tuned all the timings for the AI takeoffs, approaches and landings for those runways. You can do this by simply adjusting the wind direction to 0 degrees. I hope this helps you all enjoy the airshow even more. :)

Mike
Keith Jones
Captain
Captain

Post by Keith Jones »

Hi Guys,

Just discovered a small bug in this package. It concerns the C17 which precedes the departure of the Thunderbirds. The C17 doesn't show up! I delved further and found that the aircraft.txt file contains the title "WoA_PAI_C17A_RCH_HH_535_05-5150" whereas the original download (hickham_c17.zip) has the title as "PAI C17A RCH_HH_535_05-5150"

As the readme strongly discourages the re-compilation of the traffic file, and I don't want to alter the title= section in the C17 folder, is there another way round this? This is the only occurance of this that I have seen so far, but it is possible there are others.

Other than that small 'bug', the package, as always, is superb. Thanks to everyone who contributed.

[Edit] Just noticed another C17 which doesn't show (for the same reasons) and that is #57 in the aircraft.txt file. Also just seen that #58 is the same as #93!! [/Edit]
Where ever you go, there you are.
nickblack423
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by nickblack423 »

It does show up mate it depends on which C17 package you have installed. If you have the MAIW one installed it shows up. If you watch the anniversary airshow video you'll see it is the C-17 at the end that goes right past the camera.

Nick
"Pain Heals......Chicks Dig Scars.....Glory, Lasts Forever!!!"
Keith Jones
Captain
Captain

Post by Keith Jones »

Thanks, Nick, but if you re-read my last post I said that I had the package hickham_c17.zip installed. I have just installed the same package (with the auto-install facility) and see that the entries in the aircraft.cfg file now correspond with what is in the airshow pack.

It may be worthwhile pointing out to users that they should have the auto-install version and not the manual one. I know it says in the readme that woamil4.zip should be installed, but no doubt some people (like me!) will see the words Hickham C-17s and think they have the correct package installed already. Quite why they should be slightly different is one of those great inponderables!
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Post by MIKE JG »

Keith, we discovered this little "bug" early on in the testing of this package. Not much we could do about it since the two Hickam packages were already out there other than to ask the users to follow the readme to the letter.

No doubt some folks will glance at the title "Hickam C-17" in the readme and think, "Oh, I've already got that" and proceed only to find out that the C-17 doesn't show up.

Whatever you do, DO NOT change the title entries in your C-17 folder for the Hickam aircraft to match the Aircraft.txt entries in this package. Doing so will make your Hickam C-17s no longer show up in Hawaii.

Instead the fix would be to add new Aircraft.cfg entries in your AI C-17 folder with the appropriate titles for the airshow package to use..................OR.........................decompile the Airshow_traffic.bgl file and locate those aircraft entries in the Aircrafts_Airshow.txt file, and change the names INSIDE the parenthesis to match what you have in your master AI C-17 folder.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for brining this up as we honestly expect to answer many questions regarding why certain aircraft do not show up as everyone's individual setups will be different and there is no way to tailor this package to work with each user's setup.
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
Keith Jones
Captain
Captain

Post by Keith Jones »

Thanks, Mike. What I finished up doing was to have 'double' entries in the C-17 folder. Everything works fine now.
sky hag
Cadet
Cadet

cant find ai_tb_demo.zip

Post by sky hag »

Hello mike and all

I cant find the thunder birds demo ai_tb_demo.zip on
avsim can you link me to it

thanks.

p.s. love sitting at maiw field and just watching :P :P :P :P :P :P :P
nickblack423
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by nickblack423 »

If you search for that exact filename it comes up mate. Look harder LOL.

Nick
"Pain Heals......Chicks Dig Scars.....Glory, Lasts Forever!!!"
mikewmac
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran
Version: P3D

Re: cant find ai_tb_demo.zip

Post by mikewmac »

sky hag wrote:Hello mike and all

I cant find the thunder birds demo ai_tb_demo.zip on
avsim can you link me to it

thanks.

p.s. love sitting at maiw field and just watching :P :P :P :P :P :P :P
sky hag,

Here is the link at avsim.com for downloading my ai_tb_demo.zip:

http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=81318

I'm glad you are enjoying the airshow. :D

Mike
vince777
Cadet
Cadet

Planes????

Post by vince777 »

hello i know you have to install the thunderbirds demo zip to make the thunderbirds to show up. but what do you have to do to get all the planes to. when i go to the airfield the only plane that shows up is the happy birthday f-15s i see all the stairs to the airplanes, and the farris wheel, and all but NO planes. :? Please help.
Thanks, Vince
BadPvtDan
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Post by BadPvtDan »

I want to say that those planes were actually in other packages?...if I remember correctly. So...you would probably have to have all of the other packages installed to see the other aircraft.

There should be a Read Me that explains this issue.
"The first rule of Zombieland: Cardio. When the zombie outbreak first hit, the first to go, for obvious reasons... were the fatties."
jimrodger
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by jimrodger »

Bit of a novice at all of this.
I have all the EZ libraries in the right place (I Think!!!) but none of the tents/balloons appear.
Everything else appears to be Ok.
Any ideas please
Azza100
Cadet
Cadet

Airshow

Post by Azza100 »

I Seem To Have Ai Aircraft Parking On Top Of One And Another And Also Is The Tower Meant To Talk Back TO The Planes And Myself Because I Can Only Announce A Runway To TakeOff On Instead Of Asking Permission To Taxi First :S
Azza100
Cadet
Cadet

Airshow

Post by Azza100 »

Also I Have No Air Balloons Or Tents :I
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

jimrodger wrote:Bit of a novice at all of this.
I have all the EZ libraries in the right place (I Think!!!) but none of the tents/balloons appear.
Everything else appears to be Ok.
Any ideas please
Well Jim, if they don't show up then you have not install the rwy12 library in the right place. Do you have the rwy12 system installed or are you just putting in another library?
Steve
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Re: Airshow

Post by Firebird »

Azza100 wrote:Also I Have No Air Balloons Or Tents :I
Again like Jim, you have not installed the rwy12 system properly or placed the rwy12 lib in the right place.
Have you installed the full package?
Steve
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Re: Airshow

Post by Firebird »

Azza100 wrote:I Seem To Have Ai Aircraft Parking On Top Of One And Another And Also Is The Tower Meant To Talk Back TO The Planes And Myself Because I Can Only Announce A Runway To TakeOff On Instead Of Asking Permission To Taxi First :S
In the readme step5 note 3 it says about the comms due to the airshow displays. Its a sacrifice that has to be made to make it work.
Steve