The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Duke Field package by MAIW

Post all questions and problems with official MAIW Packages for FS9 in this forum. Each package has a dedicated thread for support.
reconmercs
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran
Version: FS9

Duke Field package by MAIW

Post by reconmercs »

please use this thread to ask questions and provide constructive feedback to this package here

direct link:
http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=108001
Seagull
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Seagull »

Exellent thanks very much for this one. :lol:
AirAmerica26
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Re: Duke Field package by MAIW

Post by AirAmerica26 »

Any idea how to fix this? KEGI shows up at about 4,700 feet.
In the Map View the information by the airport shows 4700' elevation.

Opening in ADE9 the Airport Properties and runway elevations show correct 192'
"Airport Reference" also shows correct altitude. None of the buildings have a higher elevation.

I deactivate MAIW KEGI Duke and now the Stock airport also shows up at 4700 feet. Checked all the Stock elevations and they read 192.

I already deactivated and deleted MAIW KEGI from Scenery Library and reinstalled from fresh download with same result.

I don't know where else to go to check and change an elevation. Any ideas on where to check next are appreciated.

FS9 user.
Primo ex Aerias 71 SQN (Eagle)

"Never mistake coincidence for cause and effect." W. Edwards Deming

"The more complex an idea, the more simple minded the opposition"
msm8378
Captain
Captain

Post by msm8378 »

I am in the middle of a new install and setup of FS9 on my system. With FS Genesis 38M Terrain Mesh installed no problems on my system with default KEGI...
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

As you say the default height is 191'.

I am not using the scenery from the package but the addon that Jamie Mayo created and uploaded. If you search for 'Duke Field' in the Download hangar you will see it.
The 4 files in it replace the scenery files and excludes from the original package.

See if that makes it any better.

If not check for any waypoint afcads that are for KEGI. Sometimes, if they are in the same folder and are above the airfield then the ground goes up to meet them.
Steve
AirAmerica26
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by AirAmerica26 »

Thanks for the direction. Got the Dn Load. Will try that this evening.

AirAmerica26
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by AirAmerica26 »

Steve - You're going to love this. 4700 feet is the altitude of Libby AAF in Arizona KFHU. (Thanks Brent). I built a satellite field for that area and called it KFH2. Except the Airport ID was given KEGI instead of KFH2. Oversight? Confusion? Poor eyesight? I don't know. The Arizona KEGI /KFH2 was given the altitude information for the real KEGI. So I have a nice MAIW scenery for Duke at 4,700 feet. There is no way I know of in ADE to change the Airport ID once a project is set up. But, I found, if you round up all the objects from one airport and hit copy, then create a new airport you can paste the copied objects (in the same session) and save a lot of rebuilding. You have to double check the runway elevations though. Once that is all sorted, I can "uninstall" Duke. The new project should set the elevation to rights, review all the airport ID codes and project names, then reinstall MAIW KEGI. Tomorrow.

Since there is no uninstall program for MAIW packages that have an installer, I'll need some guidance on where to find things that should be removed. Thanks for being there.

Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

OK firstly, a quick check on google reveals that the only way to change the ID in ADE is if you have a Pro key.
Lets assume that you do not wish to spend money.

So there is another way. If you created KFH2 in ADE then the chances are that you still have the xml files that were created as part of the saving process.
If so if you look in that xml you will see that near the top in the Airport section you will see "ident=KEGI", as I understand things.
So, by all means take a copy for safe keeping then amend the ident to KFH2.

Now you have the amended source and all you need to do is compile it. The simplest way is to use XML2BGL which was produced by Scruffyduck so in effect it is part of the ADE system.

It is a portable app and all you need to do to set up is tell it where bglcomp.exe is on your PC, i.e. from the FS2004 SDK.
Select the xml code and tell it where to compile it to and voila. Amended airport ID.

Now if you haven't saved the xml files then load the bgl up and then compile it again after first setting that it saves the xml files.

Now if the worst comes to the worst, but I would urge you to attempt to amend it yourself first, we will sort it out for you so that you don't need to unravel anything from Duke Field.
Steve
AirAmerica26
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by AirAmerica26 »

OK. Thanks for the guidance. I'm off to do my assignment. Ironically, I've sent donations to Scruffy Duck but never bought the ProKey. I was trying to keep things simple.Untill now at least.

AirAmerica26
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by AirAmerica26 »

Done. KEGI with the MAIW scenery is at the right altitude and looks great. Brent Newman's Libby AAF KFHU is in the right spot. Eliminated anything in the whole FS9 folder that said KEGI or KFHU. Eliminated KFH2. Installed both MAIW packages from scratch. Used the KEGI with full scenery. (So much better than my attempt.) Installed my satellite field using the "copy" technique described above. Ready to do some helo f/p. Great thanks! :smt023

Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Glad you got it sorted.
Steve