The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Southeast ANG package by MAIW

Post all questions and problems with official MAIW Packages for FS9 in this forum. Each package has a dedicated thread for support.
reconmercs
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran
Version: FS9

Southeast ANG package by MAIW

Post by reconmercs »

please use this thread to ask questions and provide constructive feedback about this package here

direct link:
http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=110251
Last edited by reconmercs on 30 Sep 2007, 04:26, edited 1 time in total.
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

Post by Victory103 »

Just wondering what the updates include, as I have the original DB packages. I'm in the Sandbox and my connection is not the best, 32megs would kill my server.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
reconmercs
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by reconmercs »

Victory103 wrote:Just wondering what the updates include, as I have the original DB packages. I'm in the Sandbox and my connection is not the best, 32megs would kill my server.
Its more of a complete redo than an update, this includes a few new units that weren't included in his original release, new afcads, new aircraft models new paints depicting ever single aircraft(alot of these units are in mid-BRAC transition so some serials MIGHT have/will change soon) in the depicted units and new fp's, I think its worth the download.. :wink:
SMOC
Captain
Captain

Post by SMOC »

Victory103 wrote:Just wondering what the updates include, as I have the original DB packages. I'm in the Sandbox and my connection is not the best, 32megs would kill my server.
A-10s:
184th FS out of Ft. Smith and 47th FS out of Barksdale.

F-16s:
160th FS out of Montgomery, 93rd FS out of Homestead and 157th out of McEntire.

F-15s:
159th FS out of Jacksonville, 110th FS out of St. Louis and 122nd FS out of New Orleans.

KC-135:
106th ARS out of Birmingham.

C-130s:
Keesler, Jacksonville, New Orleans, Little Rock, and McEntire.

RC-26B:
Montgomery and Florida.
Dave YVR ATC
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Dave YVR ATC »

So it's then probably a good idea to remove the old version I'd assume?
Either way, thanks guys. Your all awesome and your hard work is super appreciated!
reconmercs
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by reconmercs »

SMOC wrote:
A-10s:
184th FS out of Ft. Smith and 47th FS out of Barksdale.

F-16s:
160th FS out of Montgomery, 93rd FS out of Homestead and 157th out of McEntire.

F-15s:
159th FS out of Jacksonville, 110th FS out of St. Louis and 122nd FS out of New Orleans.

KC-135:
106th ARS out of Birmingham.

C-130s:
Keesler, Jacksonville, New Orleans, Little Rock, and McEntire.

RC-26B:
Montgomery and Florida.
that bout sums up most of the units, the 700th AS(C-130 unit) @ Dobbins ARB, 158th AS (C-130 unit) @ Savannah IAP and 180th AS(C-130 unit) @ Rosecrans AP are also included

and yes it is strongley urged to REMOVE all of of Dan's older package (including the afcads) before installing this package
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Post by campbeme »

Package is great,

Thanks for all the hours you guys put into this.

Cheers
Mark
evvtsa
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by evvtsa »

I removed all of the old Southeast package except for the callsigns in editvoicepack. It seems that I get a stutter now when transmissions are made with the callsigns in the package. I did a little checking and now I have duplicate callsigns in the voicepack from the old southeast package. Is this OK? Should I remove the dupe entries? Thanks for the help.
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Joseph29 »

I should of picked this up during the beta testing but the parking spots for the F-15 at KSTL are to small. Right now they are 10.06m, they need to be at least 13m.

I fixed my own AFCAD, you guys should do the same. :)
SMOC
Captain
Captain

Post by SMOC »

KJAX also has the F-15s parking in 10.6m parking slots. Just out of curiosity, I left the parking slots that size and the F-15s from KJAX park without issue. I also noticed either a TY or JZ F-15 parked without issue as well.
reconmercs
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by reconmercs »

Joseph29 wrote:I should of picked this up during the beta testing but the parking spots for the F-15 at KSTL are to small. Right now they are 10.06m, they need to be at least 13m.

unless you did some editing, the parking spots are large enough for the KSTL jets to park properly, along with the other F-15s at JAX and NBG, they were purposely set smaller so they would be able to park at a wider selection of bases
reconmercs
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by reconmercs »

evvtsa wrote:I removed all of the old Southeast package except for the callsigns in editvoicepack. It seems that I get a stutter now when transmissions are made with the callsigns in the package. I did a little checking and now I have duplicate callsigns in the voicepack from the old southeast package. Is this OK? Should I remove the dupe entries? Thanks for the help.
concerning the callsigns, its really up to you, I've got TONs of duplicate callsigns and don't experience any stutter. At the same time, I do recommended removing all the other older components (aircraft, afcads, fps, etc) before installing
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Joseph29 »

reconmercs wrote:
Joseph29 wrote:I should of picked this up during the beta testing but the parking spots for the F-15 at KSTL are to small. Right now they are 10.06m, they need to be at least 13m.

unless you did some editing, the parking spots are large enough for the KSTL jets to park properly, along with the other F-15s at JAX and NBG, they were purposely set smaller so they would be able to park at a wider selection of bases
I must of changed the radius' for my F15's because all of them are 12m while the ones for Seymour Johnson are at 9m.
btaylo24
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by btaylo24 »

I got no f15 at St Louis or New Orleans, but can see them at Jacksonville!!

Strange

barry
Barry
reconmercs
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by reconmercs »

btaylo24 wrote:I got no f15 at St Louis or New Orleans, but can see them at Jacksonville!!

Strange

barry
again, make sure your using the afcad that came with this package
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Victory103 »

Yeah, not sure why I would even ask if I should get this, the 32 megs didnt take as long as I thought. Great job, I'm from the Southeast, and this is right on. I just need to add my so so USN projects.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
supernova48
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FSX

Post by supernova48 »

Great ANG package. Where did you get the call sign SIMS for Missouri ANG C-130s. They come up to DSM a bunch and they use JESSE.

Ken
StingingCanine
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by StingingCanine »

I have SIMS in my database but I think it is really old. JESSE is the only callsign that I get active milcom hits on for the 180th AS.
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Victory103 »

I saw the posts in the other thread on some autogen trees in the parking, I dont have this issue.
I only had a question, I know the real world difference, but what is the changes from the NBAI F-15B to F-15D, I have some textures that I would like to add to the B that are supposed to be on D's, again I dont have the ISP to support downloading all the larger packages (i e KGSM F-15E's). Can I just putt the skins on the B?

You guys saved me so much time as I was trying to repaint or find repaints on the Arkansas ANG "new" A-10's, Great Job!
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
reconmercs
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by reconmercs »

Victory103 wrote:I saw the posts in the other thread on some autogen trees in the parking, I dont have this issue.
I only had a question, I know the real world difference, but what is the changes from the NBAI F-15B to F-15D, I have some textures that I would like to add to the B that are supposed to be on D's, again I dont have the ISP to support downloading all the larger packages (i e KGSM F-15E's). Can I just putt the skins on the B?

You guys saved me so much time as I was trying to repaint or find repaints on the Arkansas ANG "new" A-10's, Great Job!

Hey Victory, yeah you shouldn't have any problem putting the B model paints in place of the D models same thing goes for the C and A models. Concerning the Arkansas A-10s, yeah I definately wanted to include those, Graham King did a great job as always painting them up 8) I will try to an update somewhere down the road to when that unit is full strength, glad your enjoying the package :wink: