The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Problems with the USAF T-37 Install

Post all questions and problems with official MAIW Packages for FS9 in this forum. Each package has a dedicated thread for support.
GZR_Sactargets
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: FS9

Problems with the USAF T-37 Install

Post by GZR_Sactargets »

WOAmil7, the USAF T-37s won't install for me. I have the 2.4 version of the installer-but it says the file is not a valid WOA set. I downloaded the T-37 package from both Flightsim and Avsim and get the same error message for either one. I know it was done prior to MAIW setting up a new install procedure (which is a big improvement BTW). I have loaded up Gordon Perry's Columbus scenery and an AFCAD that handles the MAIW package- but now I cannot load the T-37s. Is there any chance the Mil 7 package will be converted to the new installer? It would be great to have the 2000 pound dog whistle flying out of KCBM. Is it possible to get the package as a normal zip file??
GZR_SACTARGETS
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Post by MIKE JG »

Did you try loading the WoAI package manually to just a generic folder using the manual install option?

"2000 lb. dog whistle"............ :D

BTW, did you see the new T-6 Texan II from Iris? Looks really good. And they promise further improvements to come in the form of free updates.
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
GZR_Sactargets
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by GZR_Sactargets »

MIKE JG wrote:Did you try loading the WoAI package manually to just a generic folder using the manual install option?

"2000 lb. dog whistle"............ :D

BTW, did you see the new T-6 Texan II from Iris? Looks really good. And they promise further improvements to come in the form of free updates.
Yes, it won't load after that point-just get the error message. Ditto for trying an automated attempt.
GZR_SACTARGETS
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by MIKE JG »

Hmmm..........I just downloaded the package from AVSIM and installed it without problem to my laptop which is my "clean" version of FS9. Used the 2.4 version of the WoAI installer and had no problems.

v2.4 requires MS.network framework 2.0 to work, you have that as well correct?
-Mike G.

GZR_Sactargets
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by GZR_Sactargets »

Thanks for the rply Mike, yes The installer seems to work OK, it just doesn't like that file. I will keep messing with it. Just bothersome.
GZR_SACTARGETS
GZR_Sactargets
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by GZR_Sactargets »

I will try a fresh install of the 2.4 Installer. Gave the same error on another package also.

GZR_SACTARGETS
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by MIKE JG »

That is weird. Maybe the installer got corrupted somehow.
-Mike G.

GZR_Sactargets
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by GZR_Sactargets »

Now it gets interesting!! Went back to load the dotnetfx files and It won't install on my XPpro OS. Says it cannot load to a 64 bit system. But it is running fine on my XP home OS. (I have dual OS systems). I am wondering if I could put it in if the files were a normal zip? That would mean zipping up the aircraft, afcads and traffic files. What a PITA. Anyway thanks for all the help.
GZR_SACTARGETS