The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Elmendorf AFB package by MAIW

Post all questions and problems with official MAIW Packages for FS9 in this forum. Each package has a dedicated thread for support.
reconmercs
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran
Version: FS9

Elmendorf AFB package by MAIW

Post by reconmercs »

please use this thread to ask questions and post constructive feedback about this package here

direct link:
http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=110800
Ford Friendly
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Ford Friendly »

Installed w/o problems. Nice work guys.

Edit: I guess I just kinda took some amount of hiccups (below) as normal. I always have to adjust something in almost any package. I still think it was good work on the package.
Last edited by Ford Friendly on 12 Oct 2007, 05:01, edited 1 time in total.
SMOC
Captain
Captain

Post by SMOC »

Nice package!

I noticed when installing that there are two folders for the F-22A named slightly different containing the same aircraft folders.
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

Post by Joseph29 »

SMOC wrote:Nice package!

I noticed when installing that there are two folders for the F-22A named slightly different containing the same aircraft folders.
I was going to ask the same thing.
reconmercs
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by reconmercs »

yeah thats a goof on my part in the last minute before I sent it to be packaged, the aircraft.cfg names are the same so just pick one of the aircraft folders and delete it
reconmercs
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by reconmercs »

also a note, if you have our E-3 Sentry(which includes the 2 E-3 Sentry aircraft based at Elmendorf) package, the afcad in the Elmendorf AFB release is the one you should be using in place of the afcad that came with the Sentry package. The Sentry Package can be found here:

http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=97546
(note this older release requires use of the WOAI installer)
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Joseph29 »

Not really a mistake but the C17 have the parking code of C17, but the spaces made for the C17 have the code 517A.

If you want to fix it open up the aircraft cfg file and cjhange it from there. :)
CelticWarrior
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: FSX

Post by CelticWarrior »

This is a great package, so far it works like a dream.

I'm using this in FSX, but I'm interested to know what the files 000_MAIW_PAED.BGL, MAIW_PAED_OB1.BGL and maiw_paed_objects.bgl do in FS9?

Thanks in advance.

Cary
"We attack tomorrow under cover of daylight! It's the last thing they'll be expecting ... a daylight charge across the minefield .."
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Post by MIKE JG »

Cary they are for some minor scenery enhancements, do they not show up in FSX??
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
CelticWarrior
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by CelticWarrior »

Mike, I didn't install them in case they don't work. I'll put them in one by one and if you like I'll report back. FS9 AFCADs work straight out of the box in FSX, but quite often they need different exclude files. I just wondered if they did anything special. :D
"We attack tomorrow under cover of daylight! It's the last thing they'll be expecting ... a daylight charge across the minefield .."
wilycoyote4
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by wilycoyote4 »

CelticWarrior wrote:This is a great package, so far it works like a dream.

I'm using this in FSX,
Are there any changes needed to make this package work in FSX???? Will it work as it is???
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Joseph29 »

Quick question. How many C-17's are supposed to be in this package? I am only seeing 1 of them. Is that all of them or are there supposed to be more?
reconmercs
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by reconmercs »

Joseph29 wrote:Quick question. How many C-17's are supposed to be in this package? I am only seeing 1 of them. Is that all of them or are there supposed to be more?
there is only one, there will be an update in the future....
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Joseph29 »

reconmercs wrote:
Joseph29 wrote:Quick question. How many C-17's are supposed to be in this package? I am only seeing 1 of them. Is that all of them or are there supposed to be more?
there is only one, there will be an update in the future....
Thanks! I saw all the parking spaces for the C-17 517A squardon so I wasn't sure if I was missing planes or it was for when Elmendorf gets more C-17's.
BadPvtDan
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by BadPvtDan »

wilycoyote4 wrote:

I'm using this in FSX,
Are there any changes needed to make this package work in FSX???? Will it work as it is???
From our standpoint...everything tested and released for FS9 only.
"The first rule of Zombieland: Cardio. When the zombie outbreak first hit, the first to go, for obvious reasons... were the fatties."
djnocturnal
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by djnocturnal »

Great Package! thanks again guys!
wilycoyote4
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by wilycoyote4 »

BadPvtDan wrote:
wilycoyote4 wrote:

I'm using this in FSX,
From our standpoint...everything tested and released for FS9 only.
Yes, thank you, I know the packages are released for FS9. At the current time I have a new pc, not really a super gamer pc, but much better than my 5 year old pc. It has a DX10 video card and Vista. Both FS9 and FSX are installed and I'm setting up both games with add ons.

I have the Alphasim Beale scenery in both and the MAIW Beale AI a/c and flights working fine in FS9 for Beale. Tonight I'll try to install Elmendorf in FS9. I have the E-3 Sentry package but not installed yet so I think I may add the a/c and flights. If needed I can remove the Elmendorf AFCAD from the E-3 Sentry package installation.

I am glad this has been released.
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Post by MIKE JG »

Yea the C-17s are hard to track down right now. Elmendorf isn't getting new C-17s off the line from Long Beach. Instead they are getting "used" models, 4 from Charleston AFB and 4 from McChord AFB. So tracking down the exact serial numbers isn't really possible just yet. Another couple months and that info should be available to us and at that time we can do an add on package to include all 8 Elmendorf C-17s.
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
drydocker
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by drydocker »

Great package. Thanks.

I found the following serials is going to Elmendorf AFB: 99-0167, 99-0168, 99-0169, 00-0170, 00-0171, 00-0172, 00-0173, 00-0174. I found the info at the following link; "http://www.mcchordairmuseum.org/REV%20B ... 20C-17.htm"

Moderator Input: Thanks for the info DD, this will allow us to finish off the base here in a couple months.
CelticWarrior
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by CelticWarrior »

wilycoyote4,

This package, as with all the packages so far, have worked 'out of the box' in FSX. Obviously using a manual install.