The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Ben Gurion IDF Package by MAIW

Post all questions and problems with official MAIW Packages for FS9 in this forum. Each package has a dedicated thread for support.
RipPipPip
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: FS9

Post by RipPipPip »

OK, now I'm running a little sub-project to merge AFCADs both for LLBG AND LLSD from David Rosenfeld and Nir Behar freeware sceneries, with MAIWs default (custom) AFCADs.
There ARE silly errors in DR LLBG AFCAD as well as it needs to be boosted with additional spaces ...

If I'll succeed then I'll post them here :wink:
"For a few FPS more"
Rysiek Winawer
ronniegj

Post by ronniegj »

Thanks, Rip, that will be most appreciated!

Ron
RipPipPip
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by RipPipPip »

I got serious here and some preparation is already done (image stuff from Google Maps and Airliners.net).
Sde Dov from Nir Behar is definitely wonderful place, well worth injection MAIW turboprops in there :wink: :

[...after some time...] MAIW's 191S stands where it should be now:

"For a few FPS more"
Rysiek Winawer
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

Post by Joseph29 »

RipPipPip wrote:I got serious here and some preparation is already done (image stuff from Google Maps and Airliners.net).
Sde Dov from Nir Behar is definitely wonderful place, well worth injection MAIW turboprops in there :wink: :

[...after some time...] MAIW's 191S stands where it should be now:

Looking good. I have this scenery but it's not installed. I have a huge green hanger where the parking lot is. It's not supposed to be there because this hanger swallos up some of the custom building in the scenery.
RipPipPip
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by RipPipPip »

I don't recall a hanger but a couple of giant jetways are there, just out of the box ...
It looks that original scenery author forgot to remove his toy and this is called:
people.bgl that should be REMOVED out from the scenery folder.
It took me few hours to detect the unwanted stuff cause :wink:
"For a few FPS more"
Rysiek Winawer
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Rip, I use that scenery and I too had the giant jetways but I thought that I found that the reason was that I had another version of one of the libraries, one of Seev Kahns (I think) and that was causing the problem.

However, maybe I am wrong and it was a completely different lib that fixed it :lol:.

However if anybody has problems with the scenery it might be worth checking for duplicates between your Sde Dov folder and your Static Objects folder though.
Last edited by Firebird on 22 Jan 2008, 09:12, edited 1 time in total.
Steve
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

Post by Joseph29 »

I figured out where the hanger was from. I have this freeware scenery of Johannesburg (FAJS) and the exact green hanger that I saw in this Sde Dov is in the Johannesburg scenery. I moved this scenery below the Johannesburg in the FS9 scenery priority list and the green hanger disappeared.

I didn't see any giant jetways in my scenery. Maybe you have a similar situation I had?
RipPipPip
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by RipPipPip »

Strange, guys :roll:
Whatever, killing people.bgl cured the giant jetways on my side, for good :wink:
"For a few FPS more"
Rysiek Winawer
RipPipPip
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by RipPipPip »

OK,
here it is, The Part 1 of The Tel Aviv Project,
Sde Dov LLSD freeware scenery v3 by Nir Behar & MAIW Tel Aviv IDF package merge AFCAD:
http://members.chello.pl/r.winawer/Misc ... PPv0.1.zip

Please check it, all further input is welcome.
Now I go to LLBG AFCAD and when I'm finished I think I will upload the stuff to Avsim, I hope that no special allowance for that is needed from any of the respected original author?
"For a few FPS more"
Rysiek Winawer
RipPipPip
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by RipPipPip »

Getting there with The Part 2 - LLBG Ben Gurion by David Rosenfeld & MAIW IDF Mix AFCAD as well:

"For a few FPS more"
Rysiek Winawer
Makadocias
Captain
Captain

Post by Makadocias »

Thanks a lot for your work man! Much appreciated! :D
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Post by VulcanDriver »

RipPipPip wrote: Please check it, all further input is welcome.
Now I go to LLBG AFCAD and when I'm finished I think I will upload the stuff to Avsim, I hope that no special allowance for that is needed from any of the respected original author?
OK with me as I'm the original author. That's what the game is all about. Just mention the MAIW IDF package in the readme please.

John
John

"That is the biggest fool thing we have ever done. The A-bomb will never go off, and I speak as an expert in explosives." - Admiral William Leahy
RipPipPip
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by RipPipPip »

VulcanDriver wrote:
RipPipPip wrote: Please check it, all further input is welcome.
OK with me as I'm the original author. That's what the game is all about. Just mention the MAIW IDF package in the readme please.

John
Thanks John, the pack will be VERY affiliated with MAIW anyway 8)
I will ask scenery original authors as well as I based both on their and MAIW AFCADs.

May I return a little to MAIW discussion about supplying AFCADs for other sceneries then default or custom ones? The solution was to "officially" drop the task but from a user point of view (which everybody is anyway) it is VERY much welcome to mix MAIW packages into already used, great freeware sceneries ... This is not a problem for airbases (which are not in any way detailed in FS) but for many airports where civilian and military traffic coexists ...
What procedure there should be the best?
"For a few FPS more"
Rysiek Winawer
Psuls
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by Psuls »

I agree with you Rysiek

I have some great sceneries - for instance SCEL - that have some problems when replacing the original afcad by MAIW's.

Maybe a specific forum?
Pascal
reconmercs
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by reconmercs »

RipPipPip wrote: May I return a little to MAIW discussion about supplying AFCADs for other sceneries then default or custom ones? The solution was to "officially" drop the task but from a user point of view (which everybody is anyway) it is VERY much welcome to mix MAIW packages into already used, great freeware sceneries ... This is not a problem for airbases (which are not in any way detailed in FS) but for many airports where civilian and military traffic coexists ...
What procedure there should be the best?
Including extra AFCADs for freeware sceneries that may be avaliable for download is something that will never be mandated by the MAIW staff, package managers have the option to do so if they so chose to.
RipPipPip
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by RipPipPip »

That's OK.
"For a few FPS more"
Rysiek Winawer
BadPvtDan
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Post by BadPvtDan »

It's a lot of work and requires a lot of additional testing. It shouldn't be too much to ask the user to modify their existing afcads...maybe even post them to Avsim. The idea is to get people to do these things anyway! :)
"The first rule of Zombieland: Cardio. When the zombie outbreak first hit, the first to go, for obvious reasons... were the fatties."
RipPipPip
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by RipPipPip »

OK,
here it is as well, The Part 2 of The Tel Aviv Project,
Ben Gurion LLBG 2006 freeware scenery by David Rosenfeld & MAIW Tel Aviv IDF package merge AFCAD:
http://members.chello.pl/r.winawer/Misc ... PPv0.1.zip

It's not ideal still but I did my best to correct most of taxiways and put much more cargo and gate places for civilian part. The military part should work also, on the left up :wink:
"For a few FPS more"
Rysiek Winawer
ronniegj

Post by ronniegj »

Thanks so much Rysiek, your efforts are always appreciated.

Ron
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Seconded
Steve