The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Sheppard Talons Package by MAIW

Post all questions and problems with official MAIW Packages for FS9 in this forum. Each package has a dedicated thread for support.
reconmercs
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran
Version: FS9

Sheppard Talons Package by MAIW

Post by reconmercs »

please use this thread to ask questions and post constructive feedback about this package here

direct link:
http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=114545
Keith Jones
Captain
Captain

Post by Keith Jones »

My god! Seven new packages in a little under 2 weeks! Thank you all very much for a fantastic present.

Season's greetings and I hope everyone has a great New Year. :smt030
Where ever you go, there you are.
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Post by MIKE JG »

Actually, there's 11 new packages available this week.
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
MikeyW
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by MikeyW »

Awesome - these T-38s have the new canopy glass like the F-15s. Sweet! Would this model file be backward compatable with the T-38s that have already been released? Or would it require updated textures to get the nice glass look?

This base sure is busy now that the tweets have some company.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

The simple answer is yes they are backward compatible, but only the models that have been re-compiled to pick up the new glass.

For example I have all my T-38s in one folder, there are 8 different models but as yet there are only 3 that have been re-compiled, the T-38Cs, The T-38As and AT-38Bs are still to be done. Effectively this means one from Holloman and two from Whiteman have automatically been upgraded.

The rest will be done when the modeller has enough time to revisit them. There is currently no time scale.
Steve
Keith Jones
Captain
Captain

Post by Keith Jones »

MIKE JG wrote:Actually, there's 11 new packages available this week.
True, but I was counting the Exotic Alberts pack as one. Happy New Year.
Where ever you go, there you are.
Weescotty
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by Weescotty »

MikeyW wrote:Awesome - these T-38s have the new canopy glass like the F-15s. Sweet! Would this model file be backward compatable with the T-38s that have already been released? Or would it require updated textures to get the nice glass look?

This base sure is busy now that the tweets have some company.
The other T-38s will be updated as they are used in new packages.

The only exceptions may be the Holloman based AT-38B's as I don't think we will be using them again, in which case I will do them seperately.

None of them require updated textures as they get the canopy texture from a seperate file. I did it this way to ensure they would be backwards compatible with existing textures.

So if you use seperate directories for the T-38s all you need to do is -
1) Copy the model to your other directories over-writing the original released model.
2) Ensure the MAIW_canopy_smoked file is in the main game texture folder.

ONLY replace models with the same filename as the new one!!!!!!

May be worth doing a seperate sticky post in here explaining this, also which models have been updated up to now.
MikeyW
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by MikeyW »

Outstanding. I've gotten lazy with my T-38 installs and I have several folders to update instead of having them all in one aircraft folder. May have to combine them all into one aircraft folder when I get some time. No worries though - the new glass sure looks good. Another great package. I'm really loving it when I fly into military bases - Shepard looks amazing from the air now - almost like Luke :D
thugz

Post by thugz »

How can I add t6 to the package?
Regards
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Hi thugz, simply put you need several things.

Firstly you need a good AI quality model. Whilst you might think that using any T-6 model might do, but the number of aircraft we are talking about will probably make your FS9 stop dead in it's tracks.
Then you need need the correct paint scheme(s) for the base. This you may need to do yourself, if none exist, using a paintkit for your specific model used.
Next you will need flightplans, you will either need to produce your own or modify some existing ones. Finally you will need to ensure that the afcad for Sheppard is compatible with the model and aircraft cfg that you use.

Hopefully this helps.
Steve