The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Tomcat Sunset package by MAIW

Post all questions and problems with official MAIW Packages for FS9 in this forum. Each package has a dedicated thread for support.
GrayRider
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FSX

Post by GrayRider »

Thanks for the reply's all

Talking about AI packages,I am wondering if there have been any newer complete AI packages for the F-15's,to be added to any of the air force or air bases

If there have been any newer packages or updated F-15 packages,I'm not sure where to find them to download and add to my FS9.

I guess I would need to know who the authors are,and where they can be downloaded,such as avsim.

THX

GrayRider
BadPvtDan
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by BadPvtDan »

You could possibly check the Downloads page located here?
"The first rule of Zombieland: Cardio. When the zombie outbreak first hit, the first to go, for obvious reasons... were the fatties."
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

Post by Victory103 »

Guys great job on this. Huge Tomcat fan, and this is just a small taste of what the Top Gun package is going to be I'm sure! Stopped flying online yesterday and started up offline at a busy KLRF, with 4 Black Lion "D's" starting up to take the active. I wanted to follow them, but was flying an AH-1.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
retnavycpo
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by retnavycpo »

I am trying to install this package into FSX. I have the Readme file up, and following it as I go. I created the folders as suggested, and am in the process of moving files to respective folders.

But, for example, in the readme, it says, "Copy all the AF2 files across to the Microsoft Flight Simulator X/Addon Scenery/Scenery folder and then the MAIW Scenery Library Objects folder to the Microsoft Flight Simulator X/Addon Scenery folder."

Ok, I moved the AF2 files, no problem. But in the Tomcat Sunset package, I do not see a MAIW Scenery Library Object folder anywhere. Am I misreading these directions?

I created a Temp folder in MY Documents, as suggested. My MAIW Tomcat Sunset was unpacked within a subfolder of that.

Pete
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Post by Firebird »

Hi Pete,
It took a bit of time for me to work out whats going here, but eventually figured out that you were talking about Celtic Warriors general instructions rather than the specific instructions from the Tomcat package.

Never mind got there eventually :D .
OK to answer your question, CW was using the Andrews package as his specific example and there was such a Library folder in that package but not in the Tomcat Sunset package. So in this case you can ignore that part of the instruction.

I hope that helps.
Steve
retnavycpo
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by retnavycpo »

Oops! Thanks for the clairification. So now, I need to go back an delete the files I moved into FSX! Anything special I need to do..to install into FSX???

Thanks.

Pete
BadPvtDan
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by BadPvtDan »

Hi Pete, we really can only point you back to Celtic Warrior's instructions. All of our packages are designed and tested in FS9 only.
"The first rule of Zombieland: Cardio. When the zombie outbreak first hit, the first to go, for obvious reasons... were the fatties."
JAYHOG
Cadet
Cadet

Tomcats Sunset problem

Post by JAYHOG »

ALL TOMCATS SHOWED UP, AND THEY RECEIVE FLIGHT PLAN CLEARANCES, BUT THEN INSTEAD OF TAXXING, THEY JUST MAGICALLY DISAPPEAR FROM PARKING SPOTS. PLEASE HELP.! I LOVE THE PACKAGE AND SPENT 5 YEARS STATIONED THERE IN LATE 70'S-EARLY 80'S.

THANKS,
jayhog
BadPvtDan
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by BadPvtDan »

Check for duplicate afcads.
Ford Friendly
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

FSX scenery and this package

Post by Ford Friendly »

Has anyone who has installed this into FSX had any luck getting it to work with the excellent Jim Dhaenens' FSX-specific NAS Oceana scenery?

I've messed around a bit with both his afcad and with the MAIW one and can't get the F-14's to show up IF I activate his scenery.

If I use the default scenery and the MAIW afcad, it works fine.
reconmercs
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by reconmercs »

updated AFCAD for this package, this is the same version AFCAD as the one included in our new USN Airliners package
Attachments
KNTU.zip
(12.23 KiB) Downloaded 70 times
SJCarline
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Flight Plans

Post by SJCarline »

I'm using FSX:Acceleration So I know there's that whole -1 day thing for flight plans made for fs2004 or earlier I tried to use that FP conversion tool. Not sure if it worked. I used the install directions exactly ('cept the EditVoicepack cause it don't work with FSX.) I also used the "Most Realistic view) aircraft thing to view ai take off and arrival times but I didn't see the F-14's in there at all. I have however encountered them in the air (on accident actually haha) But I never see them at any of their listed airports. I also never know quite what airport their taking off from as only their destinations are listed. I would love to be able to find them so I can fly next to\with them in the F-14 I have. Thanks
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Hmmm. We don't officially support FSX so as an org we can't help you out here, as none of the Staff even has it installed.
So I am afraid that you will have to wait for somebody with experience of installing it in FSX to help you.

Hopefully you won't have to wait long. In the meantime, I would suggest using a flight planning tool, such as AIFP to look at the plans of the bgl to narrow down the time and place of aircraft movements.
Steve
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Re: Flight Plans

Post by campbeme »

SJCarline wrote: I would love to be able to find them so I can fly next to\with them in the F-14 I have. Thanks
Have you tried downloading the Top Gun package? You will have about 200 F14 to fly with there in the San Diego skies.

Mark
Mark
SJCarline
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by SJCarline »

Wheres the Topgun package? All I could find was a post that it wasn't done yet with a sneak peak.
BadPvtDan
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by BadPvtDan »

Top Gun was released well over a year ago. You will need to see this for FSX.
http://militaryaiworks.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2456
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by campbeme »

SJCarline wrote:Wheres the Topgun package? All I could find was a post that it wasn't done yet with a sneak peak.
Its easy to find goto the front page, select the Aircraft link, then just click on F-14 this will show you all packages which have the F-14 in.

Happy Hunting

Mark :D
Mark
SJCarline
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by SJCarline »

cool thanks guys I always got my MAIW downloads from the owl's nest. Last time i was on this site tho I don't think it was as nice looking from the front page, did you guys redecorate? lol
BadPvtDan
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by BadPvtDan »

No, it's been that way for about 3 years.
SJCarline
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by SJCarline »

oh well it looks real nice anyway. lol (insert foot in mouth here)