The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Royal Air Force Tornado GR4 package by MAIW

Post all questions and problems with official MAIW Packages for FS9 in this forum. Each package has a dedicated thread for support.
reconmercs
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran
Version: FS9

Royal Air Force Tornado GR4 package by MAIW

Post by reconmercs »

please use this thread to ask questions and provide constructive feedback about this package here

direct link:
http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=118411
Makadocias
Captain
Captain

Post by Makadocias »

I have been waiting a long time for this one. :P

(That's the 1st thought that comes to mind, but don't take that badly!!)

Since the model was released (like 1 1/2 years ago or more?) there has been talks about releasing a pack for the whole RAF and now it has arrived!

Thank you so much MAIW for making this great package!

It's (as usual by MAIW) Great! :D
Savage
Captain
Captain

Post by Savage »

Just the F3s of Leuchars to go now...
Makadocias
Captain
Captain

Post by Makadocias »

Savage wrote:Just the F3s of Leuchars to go now...
Well I am sure that that one will be there one day too! :wink:

Allready looking forward! :D
Javier Tapia
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Javier Tapia »

Hi!, I modified the UK2000 AFD so that you can use it with this package, the afd include the same amount of parkings and their specs than the afds suplied by MAIW, I still have to do Boscome Down, but should be ready by tomorrow night. If you are interested, send me a pm with your email and I'll send them to you ASAP :wink:

PD: Great Package!
Not a Member from the MAIW team, but giving my contributions whenever I can :D
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Guys, just noticed that there are 2 EGQS afcads in the package. Both by Greg. Looking at the date of the files I think that MAIW_AF2_EGQS_GL.bgl needs to be deleted.

Is it worth an update, Des?
Steve
Garysb
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: FSX

Post by Garysb »

Makadocias wrote:I have been waiting a long time for this one. :P

(That's the 1st thought that comes to mind, but don't take that badly!!)

Since the model was released (like 1 1/2 years ago or more?) there has been talks about releasing a pack for the whole RAF and now it has arrived!
It has been a hard slog
But the F3's will follow in ???????????? I promise

Cheers Gary

Ps has anyone spotted the one doing beat ups on Stew's House
I believe that every human has a finite number of heart-beats. I don't intend to waste any of mine running around doing exercises.
Buzz Aldrin (1930 -
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

Post by Greg »

Firebird wrote:Looking at the date of the files I think that MAIW_AF2_EGQS_GL.bgl needs to be deleted.
That's correct. I did warn for duplicate AFCAD files due to the change in the file name when posted I think :?

Greg
ricktk
Captain
Captain
Version: P3D

Post by ricktk »

Also have a duplicate:
MAIW_ETAV siegenburg range_GB.bgl
MAIW_AF2_ETAV siegenburg range_GB.bgl

both with the same dates.
They appear to be identical. I am deleting the MAIW_AF2_ETAV siegenburg range_GB.bgl?
Rick

"Buttons . . . check. Dials . . . check. Switches . . . check. Little colored lights . . . check."
Davida
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Davida »

Nice package. Are the meant to be Hardened Aircraft Shelters for the Tornados to sit in like at Conningsby. I don't seem to have any at Lossimouth or Marham. Am I missing something????
nickblack423
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by nickblack423 »

These packages have not been created with any custom Scenery. Coningsby was a one-off so to speak, which included a custom scenery for the base. So for the time being Im afraid you'll have to live with them sitting out in the open.

Nick
"Pain Heals......Chicks Dig Scars.....Glory, Lasts Forever!!!"
nickel_55
Cadet
Cadet

Post by nickel_55 »

just a little note from me

i have HAS's at Marham? but dont know how that is i thought they came with the Tornado package? i am slightly confused now as i dont think i have ever installed other Marham stufff? i didi have to enable the egym folder though with the maiw bgl's in it

Regards
Colin

ps top packages by the way,
Garysb
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by Garysb »

There should be HAS at marham but you will have to install it in the usual way
Look for EGYM in your addon folder

gary
I believe that every human has a finite number of heart-beats. I don't intend to waste any of mine running around doing exercises.
Buzz Aldrin (1930 -
TheAaron.com
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Pai Tornado

Post by TheAaron.com »

I know that maiw dont support fsx but,
i really want some tornado ai and the only thing thats not working on your Pai tornado for fsx is the perspex on the canopy as its all white, if possible could sombody look at this and prodice a file which can then replace the old one which will make the perspex on the canopy visible again, This would be greatly appriciated and then more users of fsx can use this package as everything else works fine on it, Shoulent be a hard job :D Great tornado i must say,

If not i belive somebody else make the tornado so could it be passed on to the creater :?:

Hope it goes ahead, Many Thanks,
ChrisG
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by ChrisG »

I belive it's the model that needs updating, not a texture. (Stands to be corrected)
BadPvtDan
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Re: Pai Tornado

Post by BadPvtDan »

TheAaron.com wrote:I know that maiw dont support fsx but,
i really want some tornado ai and the only thing thats not working on your Pai tornado for fsx is the perspex on the canopy as its all white, if possible could sombody look at this and prodice a file which can then replace the old one which will make the perspex on the canopy visible again, This would be greatly appriciated and then more users of fsx can use this package as everything else works fine on it, Shoulent be a hard job :D Great tornado i must say,

If not i belive somebody else make the tornado so could it be passed on to the creater :?:

Hope it goes ahead, Many Thanks,
Well...first, we don't take requests. Second, I am not sure how many of the modelers actually have FSX. Third, Fernando created the Tornado and he is MIA for many, many months.
"The first rule of Zombieland: Cardio. When the zombie outbreak first hit, the first to go, for obvious reasons... were the fatties."
muppi
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Re: Royal Air Force Tornado GR4 package by MAIW

Post by muppi »

Greetings all, Recently I reinstalled fs9 to a secondary drive, I had kept most of my payware freeware files so bring fs9 up to speed was no problem, I installed this Tornado GR4 Package, I also have UKMIL's Honington so yesterday a short flight from Honington to Lossiemouth.
On my approach to Lossi I noticed GR4 aircraft on the grass basically all over the place this was Steve Anderson's Lossiemouth I have no idea how it got there, whilst it looks very nice MAIW AF2's just don't fit.
I can't find the Lossiemouth Scenery or what package it came with any help please.Cheers,
Cheers,
Dave.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Dave,
We only do afcads for the default scenery or for our own scenery, unless there are special circumstances and a very friendly developer lets us use his scenery with his blessing.

Steve Anderson's scenery is very good, if a bit of a frame rate hog, by today's standards, as I am sure that Steve would agree. It is however, payware and therefore there is no way that he would allow us to use it, even if we had asked him.

Therefore, the afcad supplied is for default scenery only as we had no scenery developers at the time to enhance the default. So either you will have to amend his afcad to match our parking or hope that somebody here has modified our afcad to fit his scenery.

Sorry about that. I hope somebody is able to help you out.

i guess that we are both hoping that the boys from ACG get around to turning their talents to this base.
Steve
nickblack423
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by nickblack423 »

Didn't that scenery come free with JustFlight's Tornado boxed package? The Lago Tornado?

May be that it is in Scenery rather than AddOn Scenery.

Nick
"Pain Heals......Chicks Dig Scars.....Glory, Lasts Forever!!!"
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

I believe that it was included in the Lago scenery, but again the same problem applies.
Steve