The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Royal Air Force Tornado GR4 package by MAIW

Post all questions and problems with official MAIW Packages for FS9 in this forum. Each package has a dedicated thread for support.
muppi
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FS9

Re: Royal Air Force Tornado GR4 package by MAIW

Post by muppi »

Thanks very much for your replies, I have installed Lago Tornado, I can't find the scenery, so if the Lago tornado is the culprit I will reinstall to a folder and see where the scenery went, the only AF2 Of Steve Andersons Lossi is for FS2002.
Cheers,
Dave.
muppi
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by muppi »

Well the scenery was sitting in the Lago file in my Sim and was called Tornado and is confirmed Steve Anderson's RAF Lossiemouth, there is an AF2 for it but it's for FS2002, when Steve's site was up he had FS2004 AF2"s for his scenery, so for the time being I have deactivated the scenery from my scenery library.
Until I can locate an fs9 AF2 for Steves's Lossi.
Thanks very much,
Dave.
hobby
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Version: FSX

Post by hobby »

Having just installed the new Marham scenery by the ACG I did have problems in deleting (as recommended in the ACG Marham Handbook) some of the MAIW Afcads and scenery files. I did chop out some of the MAIW ranges but I now have an RAF Marham by ACG which works on my FS9 setup.

I wonder if it would be possible for someone on MAIW staff to email me with the Tornado GR4 flightplans and airfields in text form? I prefer to make these additions to Ttools program in text rather than decompile/compile a bgl. Text form also enables one to alter flightplans/aircraft details to incorporate up to date changes in the operational sqdns and RAF bases.
Garysb
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by Garysb »

"I did chop out some of the MAIW ranges"

Why?

They should not effect the Marham scenery

Gary
I believe that every human has a finite number of heart-beats. I don't intend to waste any of mine running around doing exercises.
Buzz Aldrin (1930 -
hobby
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by hobby »

For Firebird: Many thanks for the Marham text files.

For Garysb: Human error and I also have installed UKRanges - superb scenery of the targets in The Wash, Cape Wrath and Spadedum.
Garysb
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by Garysb »

Be careful
If you delete the afcads the aircraft wont do the the required tng and may disappear :shock:

Gary
I believe that every human has a finite number of heart-beats. I don't intend to waste any of mine running around doing exercises.
Buzz Aldrin (1930 -
oak666
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by oak666 »

i'm not sure where to ask this, but this has to do with the gr4s. i think there may be an issue at cyod: cold lake. i've tried it with both the maiw scenery that came with the canadian hawks, and the default scenery, but its the same with both. click tuesday, and set time to 10:00. there's a row of gr4s that start up, babble to ground control, and start to roll out from their parking spaces; but when they get to a certain intersection they just stay there until they disappear one by one. what could the problem be? why aren't they making it to the runway and taking off? is their a bug somewhere? there's no airtraffic, and im not in the way. i bugs me because i want to follow them out!

edit: change to 14:00, and another couple tornados roll out but get stuck at the same place, meanwhile two hawks pass them on a different taxiway, and takeoff without any problems.
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by campbeme »

How are you watching them?

Mark
Mark
oak666
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by oak666 »

both from an aircraft that i've taxied in behind the line, and also with 'traffic view board'. it happens both when i switch to tvb from an aircraft, and when i start in tvb. i'm going to uninstall flightsim, and start fresh; i'll only add traffic view board and the maiw gr4 addon, and i'll see how it goes; then ill try the cdn hawk addon too. maybe my problem is because of other addons i've added to my sim.
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by campbeme »

oak666 wrote:both from an aircraft that i've taxied in behind the line, and also with 'traffic view board'. it happens both when i switch to tvb from an aircraft, and when i start in tvb. i'm going to uninstall flightsim, and start fresh; i'll only add traffic view board and the maiw gr4 addon, and i'll see how it goes; then ill try the cdn hawk addon too. maybe my problem is because of other addons i've added to my sim.
I think thats a little excesseive to do a reinstall!

TVB does cause traffic to get stuck at taxiway intersections now and again. If I was you I would just try connecting with the last Tornado in the line and see if the lead passes through ok.

Mark
Mark
oak666
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by oak666 »

haha, too late now! not a big deal for me, i was just browsing the forum and listening to mp3s. so now the only addons ive got are: tvb, gr4, f3, and hawk; and i've activated the sceneries that came with the packages. everything works! the gr4s aren't getting held up where they did before. i have a suspicion that the airport is laid out slightly differently than before.. but im not certain. i guess my problem must have been a conflict in sceneries, i just don't know how that could have happened. oh well, in the end the fresh installation was worth it. :smt003
kungfuman
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by kungfuman »

What scenery or afcad were you using for Cold Lake?
Dan
oak666
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by oak666 »

im not sure. i was under the impression that i was using the one included in the maiw hawks package. another cold lake scenery i have downloaded in the past is the john stinstrom package: CYOD_J (from avsim). i wonder is that the exact same as the one included in the maiw package? it puts a folder into the flightsim\addon scenery called cfb cold lake, exactly like the maiw package automatically does. maybe both sceneries were stacked ontop of each other, and i had a weird mix of both of them in the same folder? but if they are the same, i guess it wouldn't matter.

another thing i have downloaded in the past is the dan bourque cf-18 ai package: ai_cf188 (prolly from avsim). maybe i screwed things up when i installed that on top of the the maiw packages. i just noticed that if you install it, it puts a file called af2_cyod_default_db.bgl into the flightsim\addon scenery\scenery folder. its a good thing i saved the files i've downloaded in the past; i think that this one might have been the problem. i gotta keep track of what i install in the future.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Its an issue that we all struggle with at one time or another.
Steve
kungfuman
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by kungfuman »

You should only have one scenery active, generally. One of the John Stinstrom sceneries you have active may have been modified/updated, so try to use only the most recent one. I wouldn't assume that they are identical.

It looks like you have multiple "afcad" files installed in your active scenery folders. Without knowing which of those afcads is currently active in your FS, I can't check it for faults.

What I suggest you do is use Lee Swordy's AFCAD v2.21 to search for all active "AF2" bgl files (aka afcads) for CYOD Cold Lake. AFCAD should only find two such files: Your active add-on scenery "mod" file, and the default "stock" file (greyed out).
6.22.2010 11-26-19.jpeg
If AFCAD finds more than one "mod" file for CYOD, you will need to have a look at them and decide which is the most suitable for your scenery. Now make sure the others have been disabled or removed from your active scenery folders, and see if you still have the AI taxiing problem. If you do, let us know which afcad file you have in use, and I'll see if I can help.
Dan
oak666
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by oak666 »

thanks for showing me that. i've downloaded the afcad program. the cyod you've got has way more layers than any of the ones i'm using!

I've tried to replicate my problem, to see how it came about, but i can't do it. the tornadoes are finding their way out without any hiccups. the bourque package wasn't causing the problem. so i must have installed something else once upon a time, or muddled something up. its a mystery. i wasn't just dreaming the whole thing up! i'll keep playing around with things, and experiment.

you're right, the two stinstrom packages are different. when the cyod_j scenery is activated, the tornadoes, and a few hawks start inside various hangers. when the maiw scenery is activated, the tornadoes start in two rows facing each other. without any scenery activated, there is only one long line of tornadoes. and without any scenery activated, but with the bourque bgl AF2_CYOD_DEFAULT_DB.bgl placed in the addon scenery/scenery folder, they face each other. but there are no hiccups with any of these variations and the maiw planes, as far as i can tell. so that's good.
kungfuman
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by kungfuman »

oak666 wrote:the cyod you've got has way more layers than any of the ones i'm using!
Don't worry, that's not an issue. It just means I have a lot of active scenery folders installed in my sim.

Glad you've sorted the problem...
Dan