The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Mountain Home AFB package by MAIW

Post all questions and problems with official MAIW Packages for FS9 in this forum. Each package has a dedicated thread for support.
reconmercs
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran
Version: FS9

Mountain Home AFB package by MAIW

Post by reconmercs »

please use this thread to ask questions and provide constructive feedback about this package here

direct link:
http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?Ca ... LID=120538
djnocturnal
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran
Version: P3D

Post by djnocturnal »

i was hoping for this one :) thanks guys!
starlifterfan
Captain
Captain

AWESOME!!!!

Post by starlifterfan »

Thanks again....Wow great stuff indeed.........GO AIR FORCE!!!!!!
Cowboymarine1593
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Cowboymarine1593 »

thanks it makes me feel like im back home
Javier Tapia
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Javier Tapia »

Great!
There are never enough eagles!
Not a Member from the MAIW team, but giving my contributions whenever I can :D
rlink
Cadet
Cadet

Mountain Home AFB MAIW Package

Post by rlink »

I just installed the MAIW AI package for Mountain Home AFB, Idaho in FS9. However, the HTML help file failed after installation, so I didn't get to read any of the instructions. The AI aircraft are all there, but I would like to find out the schedule for when they actually fly. I tried setting my simulation rate to 4x just to watch, but I did not see any of the F-15's take off, land, or taxi.
Where can I find the instructions for using this package? I would love to set up a flight with the AI F-15's, as I have an FS9 F-16 Viper with MO markings. Any help would be appreciated.

Randy L.
Remember: Any landing that you can walk away from is a landing that you can be fined, sued, or prosecuted for.
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Post by MIKE JG »

Randy you have a couple of options here. First you can download the package again, but this time only install it to a temporary folder. DO NOT install it into your FS9 folder. So choose or make a temporary folder and then you can go into that folder and "cherry pick" out the items you need like the readme file. That Readme will be located in the "Military AI Works" folder.

To find when the aircraft are going to be flying, you can use several freeware programs like Traffic View Board or even the Traffic SDK from MS themselves. It contains a traffic explorer feature that will show you all of the active AI in the area and their flight schedules.

Also in that "Military AI Works" folder should be the raw traffic files themselves. Look for one that starts with "Flightplans_MAIW........" Those should be the actual flightplans for each aircraft. You can look in there and get the times that they fly just from that.

Don't forget that we make the flightplans as realistic as possible. So if you go to a US base on the weekend, you're liable to see more tumbleweeds passing by than AI aircraft. Everyone likes weekends off, even the US military. :wink:
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
rlink
Cadet
Cadet

Post by rlink »

MIKE JG wrote:Randy you have a couple of options here. First you can download the package again, but this time only install it to a temporary folder. DO NOT install it into your FS9 folder. So choose or make a temporary folder and then you can go into that folder and "cherry pick" out the items you need like the readme file. That Readme will be located in the "Military AI Works" folder.

To find when the aircraft are going to be flying, you can use several freeware programs like Traffic View Board or even the Traffic SDK from MS themselves. It contains a traffic explorer feature that will show you all of the active AI in the area and their flight schedules.

Also in that "Military AI Works" folder should be the raw traffic files themselves. Look for one that starts with "Flightplans_MAIW........" Those should be the actual flightplans for each aircraft. You can look in there and get the times that they fly just from that.

Don't forget that we make the flightplans as realistic as possible. So if you go to a US base on the weekend, you're liable to see more tumbleweeds passing by than AI aircraft. Everyone likes weekends off, even the US military. :wink:
Thanks Mike,
I installed Traffic View Board, and I re-installed the MHAFB AI Package to a temp directory and extracted the Help file. I also found the "Flightplans_MAIW_Mountain.bgl" file itself, but I couldn't read it as I don't have anything that will decompile a BGL file. No matter, as by using Traffic View Board I can now set up a flight with the AI aircraft, as I now know when there departure times are. Thanks very much for your help. Traffic View Board is quite a program! I especially like the feature that lets you follow the selected aircraft. Take care.

Randy L.

Randy L.
Remember: Any landing that you can walk away from is a landing that you can be fined, sued, or prosecuted for.
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Post by MIKE JG »

Randy you are quite welcome, that's why we're here. Also I see that you just joined the boards. Let me be the first to say welcome aboard!

Traffic View Board is a great little utility. But just beware that using it has some limitations when you just want to watch the AI. For example if you try to watch an AI aircraft approach the airport for landing, it may not ever complete the landing if it enters a pattern. Using TVB has been known to cause AI aircraft to fly infinite downwind legs and never actually turn base for the airport. The cure for that is to switch to a different AI aircraft until the one you are watching does actually turn base. Once its on a base leg, it will complete the landing. Also following AI aircraft in formation will cause the same thing as the AI will consider you as other traffic and try to distance themselves from you before trying to land.

Just some things you might see flying formation with the AI. :wink:
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
rlink
Cadet
Cadet

Post by rlink »

MIKE JG wrote:Also following AI aircraft in formation will cause the same thing as the AI will consider you as other traffic and try to distance themselves from you before trying to land.
Just some things you might see flying formation with the AI. :wink:
Thanks Mike,
I noticed that about formation flying. I have some AI A-10 Warthogs that are painted in Idaho ANG colors that fly T&G's at Boise Gowen Field ANG base for FS9. If I follow them too closely in formation then they will fly downwind forever. I didn't realize that Traffic View Board caused the same thing, but it does explain the behavior of some of the F-15 aircraft that I was following. When I switched to certain aircraft near Mountain Home AFB, they were out in the middle of nowhere with their gear and flaps down on a descent to nowhere. It's understandable now when you consider that FS9 thinks that Traffic View Board is just another aircraft. Thanks again...

Randy L.
ronniegj

Post by ronniegj »

You might want to add the following from avsim to your collection of utilities for viewing aircraft working the pattern:

FS2004 Mobile Control Tower

File Description:
Control the incoming and outgoing traffic on your RADAR screen (MARCIANO’s great Radar gauge) or with the excellent Ground and Traffic Radar included in the FSUIPC addon as AI planes fly around you.Rotating engine rotates the tower for a cockpit full 360ª View on 5 different levels or with the virtual view. Completely re-designing of the Main panel for a more professional look and new 7 panels for other views. Now listed as Mobile Tower in the FS2004 planes list with 1 to 5 levels variation. The tower moves easily and rapidly from one level to another without FS2004 reloading scenery textures while Traffic AI remains active. Revolutionary rotating and positioning engines by Rob Barendregt ! Precise and exact "GoodYear Blimp" view ideal for AFCAD designer. Serves also as mirador or observatiopn tower anywhere. This is a complete new Control tower and does not need the 2002 version which was downlaoded more than 11.500 times. This sucessfull accesory is intended to be the most complete and useful FREEWARE Control Tower available at the moment for FS2004.Full Web support. by Ronald R. Cachemaille

Filename: mct074rc.zip
License: Freeware
Added: 11th July 2004
Downloads: 13450
Author: Ronald R. Cachemaille
Size: 12321kb

This does not cause problems with the aircraft, but of course you will have to view from the ground perspective or on the radar screen.

Also, to decompile the traffic bgl you should get:

Category: Flight Simulator 2004 - AI Flight Plans
Traffic Tools v2.02

File Description:
De-compiler and compiler to program the AI traffic in FS2004 and FS2002. This release also includes an airport collector utility for FS2004 and FS2002.

Filename: ttools202.zip
License: Freeware
Added: 16th August 2003
Downloads: 77847
Author: Lee Swordy
Size: 167kb

For both of these programs, I suggest you read the readme's carefully, maybe more than once probably, in order to understand them, but they really arn't difficult, and are worth the trouble.

Ron