The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

UK Harriers package by MAIW

Post all questions and problems with official MAIW Packages for FS9 in this forum. Each package has a dedicated thread for support.
CelticWarrior
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: FSX

Post by CelticWarrior »

If I said bastion, would I be close?
"We attack tomorrow under cover of daylight! It's the last thing they'll be expecting ... a daylight charge across the minefield .."
Keith Jones
Captain
Captain
Version: FS9

Post by Keith Jones »

mikewmac wrote:will be included in another MAIW package to be released at a future date.

Mike
That's why I asked if they would be part of a future package. Thanks for clearing this up.
Where ever you go, there you are.
Javier Tapia
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Javier Tapia »

Any chance you can tall me the new parking codes so I can make available for all the AFDs for UK2000?
Not a Member from the MAIW team, but giving my contributions whenever I can :D
jerel2k7
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by jerel2k7 »

AC#52 was not in the aircraft.txt file however when I decompiled I found AC#52 was in the flightplan.txt This will cause FS to crash and I do not know how the *.bgl file compiled the first time.

I would strongly encourage everyone to check their setup.
ronniegj

Post by ronniegj »

If your decompiled fp has //// at the beginning of the line for ac#52, as mine has, it has been commented out and will not effect the compile operation, nor will it have any effect in the running sim. It is in effect 'not there'. If on the other hand the //// is missing, then delete the line or add the //// and re-compile, and all should be good.

Ron
garysted
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by garysted »

Hi,

Many thanks for the Harrier as it fills a hole in my AI RAF that was being filled by a very few non-AI type Harriers. Can anbody help who has used the package with a query - which airframes are marked for the Navy Strike Wing? I'm adding textures to my existing FPs and would like to put some of the NSW airframes up early on but there's no way of identifying them that I know of (theres no NSW marked on the aircraft txt files) without randomly selecting textures which takes ages. Many thanks again.

Gary
Military aviation photography in the UK

My photo website
plumber
Captain
Captain

MAIW UK HARRIERS

Post by plumber »

Hi,
I have downloaded the above from AVSIM(Been waiting for Harrier AI for ages) I am using FS9 and I already have the Military AI 1 & 2 from Just Flight on my PC.So I removed all the MAIW AFCAD Files from the Add On Scenary/Scenary folder. The question is do need any of these files at all? Have checked all Identified airfields and have found Harriers parked up with the exception of Boscombe, as yet I have seen nothing flying.
nickblack423
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by nickblack423 »

If you want this package to work properly I would suggest not deleting the MAIW AFCADs as they are designed to match the ammount of aircraft we have produced Flightplans for. We suggest deleting additional AFCADs from other sources so that ours work. Unfortunately I cannot speak anything about Justflights Military AI as I dont have it....and we cannot provide feedback on that anyway Im afraid.

Nick
"Pain Heals......Chicks Dig Scars.....Glory, Lasts Forever!!!"
merlin101
Major
Major

Post by merlin101 »

Javier Tapia wrote:Hey Merlin... I'm working on them.. Just hold a little longer.. I have a test tomorrow and haven't finished reading the books yet :?

I have EGXJ done so only EGXT remaining.... will be ready around tomorrow night or on thursday.... and if you are lucky, and I finish fast... well I'll do it today... but don't cout on that

Any update on release?
Dave

:wink:

As alway thet tend to be as identical to MAIWs as possible so you shound't have no problems
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

Post by Greg »

Updated official MAIW AFCADs for EGXJ Cottesmore and EGXT Wittering are on the way. It won't be much longer.

Hope this helps,

Greg
reconmercs
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by reconmercs »

today we've released an update to this package:

http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?Ca ... LID=122642
Guy Neild
Cadet
Cadet

Help

Post by Guy Neild »

Hi Gent’s,

I have downloaded all of your UK packages to populate my UK airfields; I have a mixture of UKMil scenery (Coningsby-Leuchars) backed up with UK2000 Scenery (All 8 sections).

I recently upgraded to a new PC running Vista H/P 32bit, a fresh installation of FS9 along with FS Global and my UK sceneries as above, I then made fresh instillations of all my MAIW packages, I made sure to delete as instructed UKMil and UK2000 AFCAD’s so that for all my military airfields I am using MAIW AFCADS exclusively.

As a test I made a quick flight in a Mirage visiting a few bases, I have hit a problem with my MAIW Harrier/ Cottesmore/UK2000 set up, I have attached screen shots of my problem below, better for you gent’s to see the problem than me take up space describing it.

I did jump to Coningsby/UKMil and this appears to be fine, I have attached a 3rd screen shot, as you can see all MAIW aircraft are on the pan including the 1sqn Harrier.

Can anyone help with my problem, I know Harriers hover but I don’t think even the RAF can hover them all at the same time especially when they are parked LOL.

Harriers and Mirage at Cottesmore.

Harrier and Mirage at Coningsby.

I would just like to say that I have lurked on your forum for a long time, I think your packages are excellent and have transferred my flying experience and I look forward to future releases.

I am sorry if I have posted this in the wrong section.

Thank you in advance for any help, Guy.
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by campbeme »

Hello Guy,

If you are running custom scenery (UK Mil / UK2000) you need use the afcad that came with that perticular scenery. MAIW afcads are only for use with MAIW scenery or the default MS scenery.

Hope this helps

Mark
Mark
Guy Neild
Cadet
Cadet

Thanks

Post by Guy Neild »

Hi Mark,

Thank you for your suggestion, I reinstalled the removed AFCAD files for EGXJ, unfortunately it was still the same.

I got the bit between my teeth and removed UK2000 area 5 completely, rebooted the PC and checked again, all Harriers are now on the pan at a very bland airfield, not to be defeated I then reinstalled part 5 and checked again, guess what, it was just the same, floating Harriers.

As it is only EGXJ that has this problem I have disabled this airfield and set it to default, all harriers on the pan and taxi correctly, just very bland airfield.

Thanks again for you help Mark…

Guy.
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by campbeme »

Hey Guy,

It still sounds like you have a duplicate afcad hidden away there somewhere. Would be worth another look. Do you have A afcad editor installed that's the best way to find duplicate files.

Mark
Mark
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

UK2000 puts all its afcads in four FS9 \uk2000 scenery\af2_high\scenery folder. You will have to remove them from there and place them somewhere safe, or archive in that spot.

Be aware that the afcad may in now way be a match for the UK2000 scenery.
Steve
Guy Neild
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Guy Neild »

Hi,

Steve, I had checked in that folder and just moved them to a new folder, I think it is just the EGXJ scenery from UK2000 that is wrong so I have disabled just that airfield, I think you might be right about the MAIW AFCAD not being correct but with the airfield now being default and the MAIW AFCAD in place all Harriers are on the ground and in the correct parking place.

Mark, I had thought about an AFCAD conflict but I don’t understand them, so I have no way of checking, I think that UKMil are working on EGXJ, I will just have to be patient and hope that that they release it soon and that solves my default airfield problem.

Thanks Mark/Steve, thank you very much for trying to solve my dilemma, all the best for the New Year.

Guy.

Update... 29/12/08.

Mark I have found a programme on the net called scanafcad... I ran this and it came up with no conflics.
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Post by MIKE JG »

Question originally posted by user: Nigel Frenck

"Hi all,
Just recently joined MAIW and have a problem! I've installed most of MAIW's RAF UK based packages and they are fine except for the Harrier package version 2. The a/c appear on the airfields but I have none flying. I've checked AFCADs, Traffic bgls duplicate files et all but no joy,definitely no Harrier AI traffic flying. Any ideas?

Nigel Sad"

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
Garysb
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by Garysb »

Is your day/time set for the weekend?
The RAF dont fly normally at the weekend.

Cheers

Gary
I believe that every human has a finite number of heart-beats. I don't intend to waste any of mine running around doing exercises.
Buzz Aldrin (1930 -
nickblack423
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by nickblack423 »

Nigel,

I would say that if your aircraft are appearing then it is not a problem, it is just that there isnt much traffic going on. We do try to make these packages as realistic as we can, and at the time of release alot of the Harrier fleet was undergoing upgrades and so a majority of them were displayed as doing limited flying. Try getting a program like Traffic View Board or another program for viewing traffic and you should be able to see when aircraft will be moving around. Generally speaking from my experience of FS around the UK, during the week you can find Harriers moving from Wittering and Cottesmore most times of the day. Just keep looking you'll see them.

Nick
"Pain Heals......Chicks Dig Scars.....Glory, Lasts Forever!!!"