The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

UK Harriers package by MAIW

Post all questions and problems with official MAIW Packages for FS9 in this forum. Each package has a dedicated thread for support.
bigtam121
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Re: UK Harriers package by MAIW

Post by bigtam121 »

hi folks did anyone ever get the raf cottesmore afcad issue sorted. ie harriers hovering about 5 feet above ground level. got uk2000 scenery installed and using the afcad off the uk2000 site but no luck.

tom
kungfuman
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: FS9

Post by kungfuman »

Did you remove the MAIW afcad for Cottesmore that came with the MAIW package?
Dan
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Hi Tom.
I had a quick review of the problem that Guy had. It appears that the UK2000 scenery may be set at a lower height in compilation, than the default scenery.

What I would check, using either afcad or AFX, is the height of the default EGXJ, the MAIW EGXJ and the UK2000 one. Now I am guessing as I haven't got the scenery installed, that the UK2000 one is lower in height than the others.
You may get away with simply lowering the height of the MAIW one to the same height, but it may be more complicated than that.

Quite simply its not a problem that we can fix ourselves as we design for default scenery unless we include our own.

Lwt us know what you find out.
Steve
bigtam121
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by bigtam121 »

Thanks for the speedy replies guys. the uk2000 scenery is 455 ft asl and i think the maiw bgl is 461 ft asl. the base cottesmore is 455 ft as well i think. will mess about over the next few nights and report back.

Thanks again. Tom
bigtam121
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by bigtam121 »

hi got it sorted. used jabbgl to change the default alt to 137.8 m asl and also changed the af2_egxj that came with uk2000 to same 137.8 and hey presto harrier now sitting proudly where they should. taxi as advertised and all looking good. thanks for pointing me in the right direction. tom
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

No problem. Thanks for posting the solution here, so that others could use it.
Steve
jimrodger
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by jimrodger »

Keith Jones wrote:
I've just installed this package and, as usual, I checked everything with ACA2005. This showed that there are eleven aircraft which are listed in the aircraft.txt file but not in the two aircraft folders. Would these be part of a future package, or are they just missing?

The missing aircraft are:-
AC#9, 18, 36, 44, 49, 51, 52, 56, 57, 59 and 60.

Keith,

Gary is correct. Those 11 NBAI Harrier GR9's that were commented out of the Aircraft_MAIW_UK_Harriers.txt file plus 1 additional NBAI Harrier GR9 will be included in another MAIW package to be released at a future date.

Mike

Are there any updates to this that I've missed, ACA2005 still showing they're missing.

Jim
"When all else fails, and your AI doesn't show up...... check the AI slider.......DOH!!!!"
clarke123
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by clarke123 »

jimrodger wrote:The missing aircraft are:-

Keith,

Gary is correct. Those 11 NBAI Harrier GR9's that were commented out of the Aircraft_MAIW_UK_Harriers.txt file plus 1 additional NBAI Harrier GR9 will be included in another MAIW package to be released at a future date.

Mike

Are there any updates to this that I've missed, ACA2005 still showing they're missing.

Jim
Please god let them have ROYAL NAVY painted on the side :smt083
veni, vidi, spurius brutus deitrum covi - I came, I saw, I tore the thick bastards limb from limb
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

They were indeed set aside for a future package. The future still has not arrived yet. Sorry.
Steve
kungfuman
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by kungfuman »

clarke123 wrote:
jimrodger wrote:The missing aircraft are:-

Keith,

Mike

Jim
Please god let them have ROYAL NAVY painted on the side :smt083
I think a "Royal Navy" repaint already exists in the package: They are only differentiated by the squadron insignia when I last checked. You'd have to look through the package texture by texture to find it though... and you'd also have to know what you're looking for to recognise it (they don't say "Royal Navy" on them :wink: ).
Dan
CelticWarrior
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: FSX

Post by CelticWarrior »

Might become a retro package before the year's out ;-)
"We attack tomorrow under cover of daylight! It's the last thing they'll be expecting ... a daylight charge across the minefield .."
jimrodger
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by jimrodger »

Thanks for the replies guys.

Jim
"When all else fails, and your AI doesn't show up...... check the AI slider.......DOH!!!!"
steveyb
Cadet
Cadet

Post by steveyb »

Hi gents, are the harriers at cottesmore able to carry out vertical take-offs...or do they all use the runway? (UK Harrier V2)
steve
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by campbeme »

steveyb wrote:Hi gents, are the harriers at cottesmore able to carry out vertical take-offs...or do they all use the runway? (UK Harrier V2)
steve
They just use the runways Steve.

Mark
Mark