The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

no AI on US bases

Post all questions and problems with official MAIW Packages for FS9 in this forum. Each package has a dedicated thread for support.
bond672
Cadet
Cadet

no AI on US bases

Post by bond672 »

Hi there,
massive thanks to all those who create these aircraft and flightplans, for some reason, all the airbases in US are empty! Fighter Town looks more like Ghost town! not a single Tomcat in sight, Andrews is empty, i checked every single airbase that AF1 is supposed to fly to and not a single one.

but, in the UK, Midlenhall and Lakenheath and filled to the brim, also the Harriers,Hawks and Eurofighters are all there too, have i done something wrong with the US bases? is anyone else having the same prob?

i know the U2's are installed because i saw one at Lakenheath i think it was (certainly some UK base) but Beale is empty.

please help LOL
kind regards
bond672

MOD: Moved...
Jumpshot724
Major
Major
Version: FS9

Post by Jumpshot724 »

Do you have AFCADs for the bases?? IE, which packages are you using and are you using the AFCADs that came with that package?? If there's no parking, then yes the bases will be empty
-Joe W.

"I love the smell of jetfuel in the morning....smells like VICTORY!!"

bond672
Cadet
Cadet

Post by bond672 »

hi there, with regard to AFCADS. i havent installed any seperate from the packages i have downloaded from here.

if anyone can tell me for example when they have seen airforce one on which base and at what time i can check mine also to see if its a problem at my end.

kind regards
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

OK, lets start with a couple of basic questions.

Which MAIW packs have you downloaded and installed?

Which packs are causing you the problem?

Have you checked that there are no other afcads in your system for the problem bases? I know you answered but please double check using afcad?

Do you have ACA2005 on your system? If so what errors does it report?

What is the AI traffic percentage set to?

Theses hopefully will give us a starting point.
Steve
bond672
Cadet
Cadet

Post by bond672 »

hi there
i am using most the MAIW packs, i downloaded them from AVSIM, i have activated the ones that need doing as per the instructions, i know most of the bases are working because i see the AI when they pop over to Europe but not it seems at their home base, i wish to report i have Miramar working now, that was an error on my part so sorry for that!

but its the Beale, Andrews AFB, most of the Herc bases, Whiteman also i dont seem to have any AI there, i have installed no other add-on scenery for any US bases.
i hope this is of help, as i said if someone can do a 'test' of what it takes to see Airforce one at a field, what day what time etc then i can test that and report back, use it as a benchmark.

hope this help
thanks in advance
kind regards
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

I can appreciate what you say here and I am glad that you have sorted out Miramar.

However, all out packs are checked by several different people before they are released and so there is definitely no way that an error such as no traffic appearing would get through.
Therefore the error is individual to yourself, therefore we need to know your specific circumstances. Hence the questions, we need the answers to these so that we can help you specifically.

Now I will admit to forgetting to ask one question, is this for FS9 or FSX? Also can you confirm that you have not altered the Aircraft titles in the aircraft.cfg files.

Once we get this info we can start to help you.

One very useful self help tool ACA2005 is available from here http://aifs.pvdveen.net/. If you install that and it gives you any errors relating to the missing aircraft then please attach the output here.
Steve