The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Finnish Transports and Trainers package by MAIW

Post all questions and problems with official MAIW Packages for FS9 in this forum. Each package has a dedicated thread for support.
alexrfixit
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Version: FS9

Post by alexrfixit »

Alex

Alex, how & where did you change the 'C of G'? I have similar problem on my set-up,
Dave
If you have Aircraft Container Manager you can do it through that , otherwise you can change it in the aircraft.cfg file

[contact_points]
static_pitch = -0.3
static_cg_height = 15.5
tailwheel_lock = 0
gear_system_type = 0
max_number_of_points = 7

change to:-

[contact_points]
static_pitch = -0.3
static_cg_height = 10.5
tailwheel_lock = 0
gear_system_type = 0
max_number_of_points = 7

Sorted the problem on my setup
Where did I put my beer??!
sprocky
Major
Major

Post by sprocky »

Makadocias wrote: Once again Mr. Black has made another new model!!!
The funny thing about this is that I thought he was working on the Apache. Now he announced to work on the Mirage. I am wondering what he is really working on :roll:

(Sorry, Nick, if I killed the surprise :wink: )
Jan
Former technician in MFG2 at ETME (home base of PANAVIA The flying computer TORNADO. sadly closed now)
nickblack423
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by nickblack423 »

Nope not at all...you'll see another new model in the pipeline in a package about to get BETA tested soon. One you'll all be very glad of I'm sure.

Nick
"Pain Heals......Chicks Dig Scars.....Glory, Lasts Forever!!!"
sprocky
Major
Major

Post by sprocky »

nickblack423 wrote:Nope not at all...you'll see another new model in the pipeline in a package about to get BETA tested soon. One you'll all be very glad of I'm sure.

Nick
I doubt it will be a fighter jet :wink:
Jan
Former technician in MFG2 at ETME (home base of PANAVIA The flying computer TORNADO. sadly closed now)
btaylo24
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: P3D

Post by btaylo24 »

:D
Barry
andqui
Cadet
Cadet

Post by andqui »

i'm having a small problem with this package's scenery.

I don't know if any fsx support is offered, but I might as well ask. I downloaded the Finmesh for FSX and enabled it. I then enabled the scenery of EFJY that came with the package. For some reason, maybe 15 seconds after I start the flight at the airport, I get the "building collision" message, as if I'd crashed. It doesn't matter whether I'm in slew mode, taxying, or just sitting on the tarmac. Everything works fine for around 10-15 seconds, and all of a sudden it says i've crashed. Every other MAIW-supplied scenery package has worked just fine for me in FSX, and i've no idea why i'm having this wierd problem.

any ideas?

thanks
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Post by MIKE JG »

Sounds like a scenery issue. I personally didn't have a hand in making that package but we've had issues like that in the past with other sceneries. Seems like there is one structure which will cause crashes far outside of its visible boundaries.

The only solution I can recommend is to turn of crash detection if there is such a thing in FSX.

As always there is a possibility that it is an FS9 scenery being used in FSX thing.
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
nickblack423
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by nickblack423 »

The scenery for this package was not made for us, it was included by us with kind permission of FISD the same people who made Finnmesh. The scenery is not designed for FSX unless they have made an update since, maybe worth uninstalling the scenery and installing the latest version from FISD.

Nick
"Pain Heals......Chicks Dig Scars.....Glory, Lasts Forever!!!"
andqui
Cadet
Cadet

Post by andqui »

thanks for the replies