The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Hill Air Force Base Support Thread

Post all questions and problems with official MAIW Packages for FS9 in this forum. Each package has a dedicated thread for support.
reconmercs
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran
Version: FS9

Hill Air Force Base Support Thread

Post by reconmercs »

Post support related comments for this package in this thread. The Package Manager will look into your problem as soon as possible.

NOTE 1: Keep this thread clean and post ONLY support related comments here. For all other discussions about this package, please reply to the release announcement.

NOTE 2: We will only provide support for bugs in our packages, not for conflicts with other addons in a user's highly modified simulator setup.

NOTE 3: Support for FSX users will not be offered in this thread. Instead FSX community support can be had from other users by posting questions in our "Unofficial Flight Simulator X Forums".
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Post by MIKE JG »

Having "peaked" at this one during testing, you guys will want to grab this one for sure, the scenery by John Stinstrom is outstanding!
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
djnocturnal
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran
Version: P3D

Post by djnocturnal »

this is really nice, thanks guys!
Trim_tab
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Hill AFB Tree Issue

Post by Trim_tab »

Can someone comment about the tree issue... see this topic for more details,

http://www.militaryaiworks.com/forum/vi ... php?t=3827

P.S. sorry to the mods for previously posting in the wrong forum!
Mods input-no worries, we just try to keep this forum as neat as possible. That's why we ask users to post in the already established help threads.
BadPvtDan
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Post by BadPvtDan »

Bah!
This was working for me in beta but now...well, it doesn't :) Nearby KSLC loads up just fine. I completely redid the installation...twice now.
Any thoughts?

EDIT:
Doh! Fixed it. I was missing the road textures for some reason. I figured it out when I looked at (*BJH*&**O (*+ and that wouldn't start either. All good now.
"The first rule of Zombieland: Cardio. When the zombie outbreak first hit, the first to go, for obvious reasons... were the fatties."
Trim_tab
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Trim_tab »

Ahhh, thanks got it working... very nice scenery with or with out trees :smt023

P.S... for me the readme.mht (the one that auto opens after the installer closes) does not have the above statement regarding “trees_v3.zip” ... but thanks for taking the time to address this small issue.
TURKEYpilot
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by TURKEYpilot »

At what times are the best to see F-16s take off and land at hill? cause when i am at hill for a good 15 mins, i do see a single one take off or land? But i must say everything look SWEET just sitting there, and the scenery is AWESOME!!!!!
maverick69
Major
Major

Post by maverick69 »

hi! (sorry for my bad english) if I install the khif scenery i do remove only maiw afcad (from addon scenery) or exclude bgl file too?
nickblack423
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by nickblack423 »

TURKEYpilot wrote:At what times are the best to see F-16s take off and land at hill? cause when i am at hill for a good 15 mins, i do see a single one take off or land?
How many times have you gone to an airbase and only stayed for 15 minutes to see anythin happen? LOL

No mate our Flightplans are built to reflect real world operations so most of the time there isnt alot happening. Can I suggest you download a traffic viewer such as TrafficViewBoard and this will tell you when certain aircraft are due to depart.

Nick
"Pain Heals......Chicks Dig Scars.....Glory, Lasts Forever!!!"
BadPvtDan
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by BadPvtDan »

maverick69 wrote:hi! (sorry for my bad english) if I install the khif scenery i do remove only maiw afcad (from addon scenery) or exclude bgl file too?
Just remove the afcad from Addon scenery/scenery that has DEFAULT at the end.
"The first rule of Zombieland: Cardio. When the zombie outbreak first hit, the first to go, for obvious reasons... were the fatties."
djnocturnal
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by djnocturnal »

I did find this truck parked behind the f-15 that appears to be missing some textures, any ideas?
JohnStinstrom
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by JohnStinstrom »

DJ - You need to have my Yellow Ground Service Vehicle Library (available at Avsim.com) installed to see the vehicles properly. Actually you should not be seeing the model at all without this library and I am not sure why you do. Anyway, here are the textures for the truck (it is just a repaint of the default object) and a screenie of what it should look like. My understanding from Des is that the necessary libaries will be part of the release as the next 8 of my sceneries also include objects from them. For some reason I am unable to attach files for the forum so I am going to PM them to you but I am posting this in case someone else also has the same problem.
djnocturnal
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by djnocturnal »

I have the Yellow and Green package installed thats why I couldn't figure it out. thanks for the help! scenerie looks great too!
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

It took me a while to find that problem, but I also found there is an untextured UH60, missing two textures, ROTOR.BMP and UH60.BMP.

I couldn't find any texture missing for the truck though, through Filemon.

As soon as we find out the solution we will post it here.
Steve
BadPvtDan
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by BadPvtDan »

I found that untextured Blackhawk as well....but I consider static aircraft 'no bueno' so it was all good :)
JohnStinstrom
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by JohnStinstrom »

Thanks Steve, the helo should not have shown up and will be removed. This was from the library of Marcel LaFargue and he never answered my requests for the model so it will not appear in the final scenery. Too bad really 'cause he made a great lo-poly helo library.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

OK DJ, I think I have solved your missing texture problem. If you have both John's libraries installed then you must make sure that they are picked up before the Hill scenery, which means that they must be lower down the list just above the default scenery folders then it should show up.

Mine wasn't, I moved it down and it now works. Hope this helps.
Steve
djnocturnal
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by djnocturnal »

:D

you were right Firebird, I've had JGSE & GGSE installed for quite some time now, at least since i first saw it on avsim.... did as you mentioned and moved it to the bottom of all the add on scenerys and now it works, thanks!
guess it just wan't low enough 8)
JohnStinstrom
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by JohnStinstrom »

Since I am using those libraries extensively this is good to know - thanks guys. Des, is this going to pose a packaging problem?
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

@John
I think that your libraries are part of the MAIW Scenery Library Objects folder, at least the JGSE lib is, and I have checked the documentation for a pack that is at least in the beta process. It does specifically mention that the folder needs to be below the addon scenery folder in the list.

@Des
Maybe its a case that we need to highlight this fact more, plus also encourage package designers to make more use of folder to lessen the chances of this happening in the future.
Steve