The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Hill Air Force Base Support Thread

Post all questions and problems with official MAIW Packages for FS9 in this forum. Each package has a dedicated thread for support.
btaylo24
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: P3D

Post by btaylo24 »

Maybe in the installer (when its actually restoring the objects) we put some notes in there if we need the user to do something, people dont always read the readme so we can force em to read it on the installer?

just an idea?

Barry
Barry
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Post by Firebird »

Sounds like a plan, Barry. We need to highlight it more than we already do.
Steve
reconmercs
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by reconmercs »

btaylo24 wrote:Maybe in the installer (when its actually restoring the objects) we put some notes in there if we need the user to do something, people dont always read the readme so we can force em to read it on the installer?

just an idea?

Barry
definately agree
vernon39426
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by vernon39426 »

Hey, enjoy the Hill AFB package. I am having a problem that I am sure someone has the answer for. This is the first time that I have had a problem with MAIW packages, and I have them all, therefore I am sure that I at fault. When the aircraft are landing and touch the runway they disappear. Please someone tell me what to do to correct this problem. Please make it simple since I am no geek at computers. Thanks in advance
BadPvtDan
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Post by BadPvtDan »

Sounds like the afcad is missing to me. How did you install it? The pack came with two afcads....surely one of them would have made it in!
"The first rule of Zombieland: Cardio. When the zombie outbreak first hit, the first to go, for obvious reasons... were the fatties."
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Victory103 »

I was testing the AFCAD without scenery first just to check it out. Everything seemed fine, but Hill Tower was using the wrong runway (rwy 32) for the current real world downloaded winds....and 15kt winds at that, out of the southeast. "Rude" flight came in with the lead Viper disappearing after a hard touchdown, which wasn't pretty, probably due to the winds. The remaining 16's touched down fine and taxied to parking.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
Mike_UKMIL
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Mike_UKMIL »

I can't figure out how to install trees_v3; can anyone help?
swp53
Captain
Captain

Post by swp53 »

Hi Mike,
Open the zip file marked for FS2002 works fine in FS2004 and copy the textures to your main FS texture folder. Then the bgl in the Hill AFB which call s up the trees will find the textures, the same goes for any other third party scenery that calls up trees that require these textures. The readme says you should also copy the trees_0.bgl in the zip marked scenery to the main FS Scenery folder, but I do not have it installed and the trees still show up fine.
Hope this helps.
Regards,
Steve.
Past Beta Tester
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Hi Mike,
Slight clarification in what the other Steve says, the bgl needs to go into \Scenery\BASE\Scenery folder to work, whilst the textures go into the main textures folder as he says.

I have read instructions that say that the bgl can go into \Scenery\World\Scenery, but I would rather keep it separate from my traffic files.

So try either of those places.
Steve
Mike_UKMIL
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Mike_UKMIL »

It's working now; thanks.
vernon39426
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by vernon39426 »

Thanks for the response Danny. I do have the MAIW AFCAD2_Custom installed in the Hill AFB Scenery Folder, I moved the MAIW Default AFCAD. Was this the correct thing to do?
BadPvtDan
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by BadPvtDan »

That's what I have. I am using the custom scenery and it works a treat.
"The first rule of Zombieland: Cardio. When the zombie outbreak first hit, the first to go, for obvious reasons... were the fatties."
-foxtail-
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by -foxtail- »

Help please what textures of trees it is necessary to establish for the castom scenery. At me instead of trees green squares
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Hi foxtail,

On www.avsim.com search for 'trees_v3.zip', and download it.
Copy Trees_0.bgl, from the scenery.zip, into your FS9 \Scenery\BASE\Scenery folder.
Copy the textures from the downloads fs2002.zip into your FS9 \texture folder.

That should solve your problem.
Steve
-foxtail-
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by -foxtail- »

Thanks Steve
ricktk
Captain
Captain

Post by ricktk »

I have noticed some differences in the afcads for the MAIW_AF2_KHIF_DEAULT.bgl and the MAIW_AFS_KHIF_CUSTOM.bgl. I am not looking at slightly different parking positons due to different building positons, lets say, in the Stinstrom scenery compared to default.

In the default afcad, there are a number of positons coded 'ALC'. Air Logistics Command? (Being retired ground pounder, not sure designation), and are both MIL_CARGO and MIL_COMBAT parking. These do not show on the custom afcad. Are these required for current or future MAIW plans for the Hill AFB?
Rick

"Buttons . . . check. Dials . . . check. Switches . . . check. Little colored lights . . . check."
reconmercs
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by reconmercs »

Yes, those parking codes are for the Air Logistics Command, there currently are no plans to make a package depicting that organization but who knows what the future will bring....
ricktk
Captain
Captain

Post by ricktk »

Thanks Des,

For now I will just leave them off the custom afcad.

Rick
Rick

"Buttons . . . check. Dials . . . check. Switches . . . check. Little colored lights . . . check."
Grimreaper
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Grimreaper »

I need a little help with the Hill scenery. Every time I try and start FS with the airport location either being Hill or Salt Lake, FS crashes. I have reviewed the post and moved Hill to the bottom of my added scenery, but am still not having any luck. If I deactivate the scenery, I can start FS at SLC or Hill. But reactivate the scenery, and the game crashes. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
BadPvtDan
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by BadPvtDan »

Have you re-downloaded the scenery? I am not in front of my machine but...have you checked any extra libraris you may need?