The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

MCAS Yuma Harriers by MAIW

Post all questions and problems with official MAIW Packages for FS9 in this forum. Each package has a dedicated thread for support.
flyerkg
Major
Major
Version: P3D

Post by flyerkg »

I just made a visit to Airnav.com to look up info on MCAS Yuma and discovered that ICAO changed from KYUM to KNYL.

http://www.airnav.com/airport/KNYL

This KNYL had always been in parenthesis under the KYUM designator when found in older published approach charts. Hence the reason why my older download for Yuma was split into 2 AFCADs. I used KYUM for just the GA ramps and the 2 crossing runways 17/35 and 8/26 while referring to the Marine Corps ramp AFCAD as KNYL. This also made it consistent with other Navy/Marine air stations having "N" as the second letter, (Trivial) but just wanted to share info with everyone. I always had minor conflicts with runway incursions, but the end result was okay to live with. The only other problem was that when using other flightplans to KYUM, transient military would park on the terminal side with the regionals vs. the Marine Corps side.

Keith
BadPvtDan
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Post by BadPvtDan »

Yeah, I was aware of that when creating the package but didn't think it worth the bother. As a matter of fact, I think I remember it switching when I was putting everything together!
"The first rule of Zombieland: Cardio. When the zombie outbreak first hit, the first to go, for obvious reasons... were the fatties."
CelticWarrior
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by CelticWarrior »

Guys,

I'm unable to download this package. It seems to be an issue with Avsim, but they've washed their hands of it yet I'm still unable to download it. I don't want to go into the whys and wherefores of the issue (unless you're really, really interested), I was just wondering if MAIW are likely to upload it anywhere else, because as it stand I can't get this package. You used to load it onto flightsim.com, but that seems to have stopped.

If you are interested as to why I can't get it, I keep getting passed to an ftp page when I click on the download button, but there is no further way to get the file. Like I say, avsim have washed their hands of it and say it's something to do download managers, but I don't run any download managers. All virus and malware scanners are turned off too.

Any help gratefully received.
"We attack tomorrow under cover of daylight! It's the last thing they'll be expecting ... a daylight charge across the minefield .."
alexrfixit
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Version: FS9

Post by alexrfixit »

I know it's a biggish package, but I could try e-mailing it to you if your e-mail allows files that big?

PM me if you want me to try!
Where did I put my beer??!
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Post by MIKE JG »

Hmmm........just tried to download it and everything works fine for me.

I use Firefox for my browser and download manager. Maybe try Firefox. If that doesn't work we'll figure something out for you.

It's a big package so emailing it to you probably isn't going to be an option. Maybe we could break it down into small enough pieces to cram it to you via email.

There's also a couple of file hosting sites out there that we could try for you.

Lemme try putting it on our site and providing you with a download link.

No promises though........ :?
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

CW,
I get that exact same problem, and I use Firefox, I think its a naming convention thing that confuses Firefox, v3.01. its not only MAIW packages, but its a very small percentage that it gets caught on.

The way I get around it is use IE7 *spit* but I haven't worked out was causes it yet.
Steve
CelticWarrior
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by CelticWarrior »

Thanks Steve, I can't get it in IE either though. Waiting for the black Omegas to pull up outside any minute.
"We attack tomorrow under cover of daylight! It's the last thing they'll be expecting ... a daylight charge across the minefield .."
scott1
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by scott1 »

I have the same issue. So I have to go start/control panel/windows firewall and turn it off. Thats the only way I can download from avsim. Hope this helps
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

CW,
If it causes a problem with both browsers then it has to be a third party addon.
What happens when you try to download other packs? have you installed or altered an ftp client recently, as it may be trying to default to use that in some circumstances. I would work out what you have installed or upgraded recently.
Steve
CelticWarrior
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by CelticWarrior »

Steve,

I haven't added anything, other than FF3. I can download other files from there, but once in a while it refuses, usually with MAIW packs but not exclusively.

Never mind, I'll try and get a neighbour to download it and transfer it on flash drive.

Thanks for your suggestions :)
ronniegj

Post by ronniegj »

I've had the same problem recently, and I found that just clicking on the browser back button one time goes back to the download, just wait a moment and it will start the download.

Ron
CelticWarrior
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by CelticWarrior »

I'll try that Ron, thanks.
CelticWarrior
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by CelticWarrior »

I solved the problem! I forgot I have a dual-boot system, so I rebooted into Linux and got the file that way. Oh, for a multi-platform edition of FS :shock:
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Joseph29 »

I have a wierd problem with the scenery. Whenever I download the real world weather and and I am at the airport the clouds and sky flash. I take out the scenery and evrything is fine.
BadPvtDan
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by BadPvtDan »

Hey Joseph. Sorry you are having trouble. I just checked my set up and I don't have that issue. I also have Active Sky and I don't see it either. There's certainly no files that are replaced, etc so that can't be it.

What type of computer do you have? Specs?
"The first rule of Zombieland: Cardio. When the zombie outbreak first hit, the first to go, for obvious reasons... were the fatties."
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Joseph29 »

I have a Radeon 9600 XT graphic card, windows XP pro, 1GB of RAM, Pentium 2.8.

But it's not my computer because when I unistall the Yuma scenery everything is fine at Yuma with the downloaded weather.
BadPvtDan
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by BadPvtDan »

Well, I was thinking that your machine may be having trouble with the scenery plus the weather. Given that no one else is having the trouble...it must be something particular to your system...hardware or not.

I'm just perplexed at what it could be as the scenery doesn't "interact" with anything else...no shared files, etc.
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Joseph29 »

I never seen anything like this before. The scenery is fine if I don't use the real world weather, but I do not like flying around without it.

Oh and I have FS2004.
Jumpshot724
Major
Major

Post by Jumpshot724 »

So, I decided to go to MCAS Yuma since I hadn't been there since my re-install of MSFS.

Problem is that I can't find the AFCAD. I just re-installed the package again but the AFCAD is nowhgere to be found, not in the "MAIW MCAS Yuma Scenery" folder nad not in the "Addon Scenery scenery" folder. The scenery works fine, just the parking and AFCAD is all jacked up sinc eit's the default

Thoughts??
-Joe W.

"I love the smell of jetfuel in the morning....smells like VICTORY!!"

Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Well its there, just checked. MAIW_AF2_KYUM_custom in the Addon Scenery folder.
Steve