The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Florida Orions package by MAIW

Post all questions and problems with official MAIW Packages for FS9 in this forum. Each package has a dedicated thread for support.
reconmercs
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran
Version: FS9

Florida Orions package by MAIW

Post by reconmercs »

please use this thread to post questions and constructive feedback about this package here.

direct link:
http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?Ca ... LID=125815
Makadocias
Captain
Captain

Post by Makadocias »

Thanks for this package! Great stuff!
merlin101
Major
Major

Post by merlin101 »

not many comments, so i just like to say, BIG thanks :D
Another great package, love the Citation & Otter addition!
Dave
swimeye
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by swimeye »

Yeah this is so cool, lots of new packages and as always top notch work. Congratulations to MAIW and a Big thanks for the joy you are giving me and so many other users. You should all be pround of what you have done so far. Looking forward to the rest of the week :D
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

Post by Joseph29 »

Here is a tip, for those that have the Ultimate GA Cessna 550 package installed the flightplans for the NOAA 550 is included in that package. You may want to delete those plans or you will have 2 NOAA 550's flying around. (althought the one in the UGA package has a generic paint)
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Joseph29 »

I need some help. I can not get the Jim Dhaenens Jacksonville NAS scenery to work with this package. I have the scenery installed and it is working. I removed the AF2_KNIP.bgl and have all the MAIW bgl files for Jacksonville in Jim's scenery folder, but the scenery is still using the knip.bgl as the AFCAD.

I then moved all of the MAIW bgl's for Jacksonville to the addon scenery/scenery folder but that didn't work either.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Joseph,
What works for me, is zipping up Jim's afcad and moving the moving the MAIW afcad into his KNIP scenery folder.

Now the other thing is that as he has created scenery, so I naturally assumed that the excludes are not necessary, these are created for default scenery. Therefore I also have them zipped up.

I have just checked and I have a flight line full of P-3s and a couple of light blue T-34s.

Hope this helps.
Steve
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Joseph29 »

Firebird wrote:Joseph,
What works for me, is zipping up Jim's afcad and moving the moving the MAIW afcad into his KNIP scenery folder.

Now the other thing is that as he has created scenery, so I naturally assumed that the excludes are not necessary, these are created for default scenery. Therefore I also have them zipped up.

I have just checked and I have a flight line full of P-3s and a couple of light blue T-34s.

Hope this helps.
Well I give up. I zipped up Jims AFCAD and that didn't work, then I deleted it altogether and that didn't work. FS9 is still reading knip.bgl as the AFCAD.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Joseph
Is the maiw afcad in the folder for his scenery?
Steve
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Joseph29 »

Firebird wrote:Joseph
Is the maiw afcad in the folder for his scenery?
Yes it is. I even tried putting the MAIW AFCAD in the addon scenery/scenery folder.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Joseph,
Why it should be doing this i don't know. I will assume here that you have only three afcads for knip in your system. The default which is going to have a low layer number, and two others with the same layer number, the knip.bgl and the MAIW afcad.

The only way to guarantee for it to work is to do something similar to what I operate on my system. I have a folder purely for MAIW afcads called 'MAIW Live' which I have near the top of the scenery library list, so that it has a low priority number and a high layer number. This means that any afcad in there will have a higher layer number and will therefore be the one that is used.
Now some people make there 'Addon Scenery' folder the number 1 priority, i.e. at the top of the list. If your system has this then placing the MAIW afcad in there will be enough.
I suspect that this is not the case on your system, like mine, so create a folder. inside it create a 'scenery' directory and move the afcad into there. Then add this folder one place above the KNIP folder in the scenery library list and it will work.

I hope this firstly, makes sense, and secondly works.
Steve
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Joseph29 »

Just wanted to say thanks. Making the new folder and putting the AFCAD in that folder then installing it above the Jacksonville folder worked.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

No problem, its a bit Heath-Robinson but sometimes that is the only thing that works.
Steve
garysted
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by garysted »

Hi,

Many thanks for this package, it looks good. A quick query, and sorry if this sounds like a stupid question. I noticed the Hawiian P-3's have a Harpoon variant as a model option, but not the Florida one's. Are they compatible if I was to copy across the Harpoon model folder and edited the aircraft cfg's accordingly?

Gary
Military aviation photography in the UK

My photo website
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

I believe that to be the case, Gary.

My guess is try out on one first, but from what I know it should be successful, but I hesitate to say yes it is on something that I haven't tested myself.
Steve
aerogator

Post by aerogator »

Should work fine. The models are identical except for the missiles. :D
Felixthreeone
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Felixthreeone »

I have had the same problem with the KNIP scenery....I have tried everything previously mentioned, and got it working (or so i thought). I then started a flight from Cecil KVQQ and flew to KNIP and the original KNIP.bgl had taken over and i only had six p-3's and one C-40. I got so frustrated i just canned the Jacksonville scenery altogether. Anyone know how to remove the 'built-in' afcad from this scenery? Excellent package....and great scenery; just want to get them both to work. Thanks!
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Hi felix,
I have never heard of a way that you can remove the afcad part from the bgl. Normally, you get the switch over of afcads if they are in same folder, i.e. some times it will choose one and sometimes the other.

If you have the package afcad in a folder that is higher in the fs9 scenery listing than the one containing the bgl, then it will be picked up all the time, as Joseph found. Its not neat but it will work.

Can you confirm that you tried this,and placed the afcad in the scenery folder, under the directory that you added above the Jacksonville scenery?
Steve
Felixthreeone
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Felixthreeone »

Actually.....no I have not tried that method...but I definitely will! Thanks for the advice!!
Felixthreeone
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Felixthreeone »

Ok that worked like a charm! Thank you for the help.