The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Florida Orions package by MAIW

Post all questions and problems with official MAIW Packages for FS9 in this forum. Each package has a dedicated thread for support.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Post by Firebird »

No problem.
Steve
msm8378
Captain
Captain
Version: FS9

Runway and ILS Problem?

Post by msm8378 »

Has anyone else noticed a problem with Runway 22 at KMCF being out of alignment with the ILS. I flew into the base IFR with the MAIW AF2 from Florida Orions installed and landed in the grass approx. 500 feet left of the runway.... :D
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Post by MIKE JG »

DOH!!! :oops:

Mat gets a prize, sure enough, someone (me), dorked that all up. Here is a corrected version for anyone that wants it.

Sorry about that, good catch.
Attachments
MAIW_AF2_KMCF_DEFAULT.zip
This is a corrected AFCAD file for KMCF which was included as part of the Florida Orions package. This fix will correct the allignment of the ILS Localizer for each end of the runway.
(11.7 KiB) Downloaded 98 times
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
hobby
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Version: FSX

Re: Florida Orions package by MAIW

Post by hobby »

Hi

I downloaded this package yesterday (22nd June 2011). Using the auto installer the installation process seemed to work as expected.

I checked my AFCAD files for KNIP and found that the MAIW AFCAD2 had installed correctly with only the default FS9 AFCAD, which has no parking or taxiways, showing beneath the MAIW AFCAD for the Florida P3s. All OK so far.

I imported the callsigns into my Voice Edit program and placed myself on the duty runway at KNIP. I had checked that the P3 Traffic bgl was in the expected position in FS9/Scenery/world/scenery.

I tuned into the KNIP ground frequency and waited. Result silence!!! No matter what hour(s) I adjusted the local time at KNIP to be no radio calls were heard and no P3s moved to or from the runways.

I have had no trouble with a recently downloaded MAIW program (Portuguese Air Force) which worked perfectly first time.

This evening 23/6/11, I reinstalled the Florida P3 package - with the same result - no traffic whatsoever from KNIP.

Your advice and guidance would be appreciated.

Best wishes, hobby
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

Post by Greg »

Hi Hobby,

Do you see the P-3's sitting at their parking spots, or are they missing?

If you see them but they're just not moving, try selecting another day of the week. Most units won't fly on weekends for example.
hobby
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Version: FSX

Post by hobby »

Hi Greg

You scored a hole in one,sir! Just checked traffic at KNIP and all orions present. Now it is not a weekend the acft are performing as expected. Many thanks.
Hobby