The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

MCBH Kaneohe Bay by MAIW Versions 1 and 2 only

Post all questions and problems with official MAIW Packages for FS9 in this forum. Each package has a dedicated thread for support.
btaylo24
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: P3D

MCBH Kaneohe Bay by MAIW Versions 1 and 2 only

Post by btaylo24 »

Please use this thread to ask questions and provide constructive feedback about the previous 2 versions of this package here ..

Barry
Barry
Alan Robertson
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Version: FS9

Yellow Ground Service Equipment Objects

Post by Alan Robertson »

FS9 comes up with an error when loading to the effect that it can't find the Scenery Objects within this file. Is that because there is no 'Scenery' folder in the file structure and, if so, should I just create one and move the file JGSE.bgl into it? Thanks in advance for your help.
Regards,

Alan
theoklahomaaviator
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by theoklahomaaviator »

I get this one on FS9 launch after installing and activating scenery
merlin101
Major
Major

Post by merlin101 »

I was just about to say same thing!
Any ideas guys?
Dave
theoklahomaaviator
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

theoklahomaaviator wrote:I get this one on FS9 launch after installing and activating scenery
Ok, to fix this just go into your "Addon Scenery" folder... go to the "Yellow Ground Service Equipment Objects" folder and create a new folder named "Scenery" Thats it... no more error message.. hope this helps 8)
-Adam
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

OK, I know what the problem is.

It is exactly like Alan said. Inside 'Yellow Ground Service Equipment Objects' there is no 'Scenery' folder. There should be create one and move the bgl into it and you will be OK.

I am sure that some remedial action will be taken.
Steve
merlin101
Major
Major

Post by merlin101 »

Thanks Steve & Adam,
Dave :D
Alan Robertson
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Alan Robertson »

Thanks guys.
Regards,

Alan
Sloeber
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Sloeber »

I thought this was the problem causing mayhem, however, I still get a CTD when loading this scenery. It loads up to approximately 48% (with scenery still), hangs there for a while, and then pops up with the APPCRASH signoff...
BadPvtDan
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Post by BadPvtDan »

Try redownloading. It sounds like you have a corrupted file.
"The first rule of Zombieland: Cardio. When the zombie outbreak first hit, the first to go, for obvious reasons... were the fatties."
theoklahomaaviator
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Is there a way to edit the landclass around the end of that runway to clean the autogen off of the taxiway and fix the shoreline?
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Post by MIKE JG »

Oh boy, something's not right there.

See what happens when we try to get a package out too quickly.........LOL

Oh well. Boys I think we are going to pull this package down and upload a new version with several significant changes.

Please stand by with your questions. You may want to delete all the files associated with this one and let us get it all fixed up.
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
theoklahomaaviator
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Thank you Mike! just let us know when you have the new version back up if you would please. Thank you very much for your time and excellent support.
-Adam
evvtsa
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by evvtsa »

Don't know if this helps or not, but I just checked my install and do not have any problems with the coast line. Oklahomaaviator, do you have Ultimate Terrain or other scenery installed for Hawaii?
theoklahomaaviator
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Yes I do have Ultimate Terrain, I didn't know if it included Hawaii, sorry I did not mention that. I wonder, is there a way to fix the overlap?
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by MIKE JG »

OK guys, the fixed version is on its way, should be available tomorrow sometime. We'll let you know when it is.
-Mike G.

Sloeber
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Sloeber »

Sorry if this sounds uhm...somewhat rude or impatient maybe, but what problems does the new file fix?
I have re-downloaded the original package, as suggested, and FS still crashes at 54%, and when I disable the Kaneohe scenery directory, fs loads all the way.
BadPvtDan
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Post by BadPvtDan »

The recommended course of action is to delete the package and download the updated (corrected) package when available.
"The first rule of Zombieland: Cardio. When the zombie outbreak first hit, the first to go, for obvious reasons... were the fatties."
merlin101
Major
Major

Post by merlin101 »

Works fine for me apart from no textures on trucks! rest of vehicles ok!! I got a add-on scenery for Hawaii by the way & your scenery is fine,
Dave
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by MIKE JG »

Sloeber wrote:Sorry if this sounds uhm...somewhat rude or impatient maybe, but what problems does the new file fix?
I have re-downloaded the original package, as suggested, and FS still crashes at 54%, and when I disable the Kaneohe scenery directory, fs loads all the way.
The new upload will simply correct the scenery folder structure as it was packaged in the original release. Maybe this will solve your particular issue, maybe it won't. But the reason we are re-releasing this package is so that in the future we can continue to use certain scenery libraries that are contained within this package without duplicating them multiple times over on our user's setups. By placing these scenery libraries inside a folder called "MAIW Scenery Library Objects", the installer we use will simply overwright them any time they are used in a new package. As a user, you won't notice any change at all when this happens. But by doing it this way, we can continue to offer scenery with some of our releases without completely clogging up our user's Addon Scenery folders with countless copies of the same bgl and texture files.

Those of you that already have the package can make the changes yourselves by doing the following:

Either locate or create a folder inside your FS9/Addon Scenery folder called "MAIW Scenery Library Objects". It must have that exact title. You may already have this folder from our previous packages.

Once you have either located or created that folder, make sure that inside that folder there are two sub folders titled "scenery" and "texture". Again if you are creating this folder for the first time you will have to create these two additional folders on your own.

So once that's done you should have this structure:

FS9 Main folder
--Addon Scenery
----MAIW Scenery Library Objects
------Scenery
------Texture

Now from the original Kaneohe Bay package locate these two scenery folders: MAIW Generic Airbase Objects and JGSE Yellow Objects. Those may not be the exact names but that should be close. Again each of those scenery folders will have two sub folders inside of them called "scenery" and "texture".

Once you have found those two scenery library folders and their subfolders, take all of the contents from their sub folders (scenery and texture) and move them into the same either scenery or texture folder inside the main "MAIW Scenery Library Objects"

So from the scenery folder: MAIW Generic Airbase Objects, take the files out of it's "scenery" sub folder and place them into the MAIW Scenery Library Objects/Scenery folder. Do the same with the texture files from the MAIW Generic Airbase Objects/Texture folder. Repeat this for the other scenery library folder.

The two scenery folders, MAIW Generic Airbase Objects and JGSE Yellow Objects are simply scenery libraries. But instead of having their own folders that have to be activated, we want their contents to reside inside the MAIW Scenery Library Objects folder, again making sure those files are placed inside the appropriate sub folders (scenery or texture).

Once you've moved the contents of those two scenery library folders into the MAIW Scenery Library Objects/Scenery or Texture folders you will have to make sure that that folder, "MAIW Scenery Library Objects" is activated inside your scenery settings in the FS9 menu. Also to avoid texture issues, you should place the MAIW Scenery Library Objects scenery folder as far down your addon scenery list as possible. Ideally it should be just above your last default FS9 scenery folder.

So, whew, that's a lot of typing for what is a simple process. If you don't feel like going through all that, just delete all the files from the original package and install the updated version when it comes out. Looks like it will be out tomorrow (Wednesday) sometime.
-Mike G.