The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

MCBH Kaneohe Bay by MAIW Versions 1 and 2 only

Post all questions and problems with official MAIW Packages for FS9 in this forum. Each package has a dedicated thread for support.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Post by Firebird »

Sloeber wrote:Sorry if this sounds uhm...somewhat rude or impatient maybe, but what problems does the new file fix?
I have re-downloaded the original package, as suggested, and FS still crashes at 54%, and when I disable the Kaneohe scenery directory, fs loads all the way.
Hi Sloeber,
This sounds like a couple of problems I have had with scenery this year, with exactly those symptoms. One problem I had was to do with addon mesh, which was difficult to find as it was in conflict with some third party scenery. I got lucky there with a lot of trial and error.

The second one was a real nightmare, and I eventually tracked it down to a scenery VTP bgl. The scenery concerned was Stevo's Barkston Heath scenery and he spent some time trying to help me fix it, but as he stated nobody else had the problem so it had to be something on my system.
I got it to load by zipping up the two VTP files, VTPP and VTPX, I then re-tested with one unzipped each time to see which caused it.

The outcome was that I got the scenery loaded but not quite as Stevo envisaged. However I was getting more and more errors like that and decided to re-install from scratch. When I did the scenery worked perfectly. So I obviously had some FS9 corrupted somewhere.

This isn't exactly a fix, but more like experience that maybe useful to you in solving your individual problem.
Steve
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Post by MIKE JG »

As a follow up I would add that the updated package also renames the aircraft folders just slightly. So if you decide to install the updated version, again please delete all the files associated with the older version. Otherwise you will have two sets of AI aircraft folders for this one package. However you will not have to redo the voicepacks that come with the package. If you installed them the first time around, you don't have to do it the second time.
Last edited by MIKE JG on 12 Aug 2008, 22:20, edited 1 time in total.
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

merlin101 wrote:Works fine for me apart from no textures on trucks! rest of vehicles ok!! I got a add-on scenery for Hawaii by the way & your scenery is fine,
Dave
Sounds similar to a problem some people, including me, had with the Hill AFB package. The Yellow Ground Service Equipment Objects folder and the MAIW Generic Airbase Objects Library folder must be lower down the list than the actual base scenery. I have mine as soon as practical above the Addon Scenery folder in the list.

See if that helps.
Steve
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by MIKE JG »

That will help but again, we're encouraging users to not make use of those two folders as they were released and instead incorporate their contents into the main MAIW Scenery Library Objects folder. If you do that, then make sure that folder is as far down your list as possible.
-Mike G.

Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

Post by Joseph29 »

I do not have the folder "MAIW Scenery Library Objects" will this folder be in the updated Kaneohe Bay package? If not where can I find that folder?
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by MIKE JG »

Yes it will be installed in the updated version. Also read my post a couple ones above this, it explains what to do if you don't already have this folder installed.
-Mike G.

merlin101
Major
Major

Post by merlin101 »

Thanks Mike :D
Scooby1
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Scooby1 »

Do we know if there is a compatibility issue with Mega Scenery Hawaii....
I have it installed, as well as the package, and the base scenery itself works, but the landclass and ground scenery around the base is horribly messed up...I'm just wondering if its a compatibility issue or do I just need to send the base scenery up the priority list...

Anyone know?
theoklahomaaviator
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by theoklahomaaviator »

I have ultimate terrain and have the same problem. no idea how to fix it though :cry:
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Guys,
When you say that the ground around the base is messed up, can you give us more info as to how exactly.

The trouble that we have is that for maximum accessibility all of our packs are done for default scenery, or we add our own. The problem is that we can't cater for every possible add-on combination.

Now that is not to say that we can't try and fix or at least improve the problem that you have.
Steve
Scooby1
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Scooby1 »

Well it appears that the landclass and excludes and any mesh that is in the scenery is conflicting with the mega scenery stuff, causing half the airbase to be over water, and the rest of the scenery on land, with some odd landclass scattered around...

I've moved it up in the scenery priority list and it didnt do anything, So i'm unsure how well this scenery will work with the hawaii scenery....unfortunate, but thats the way she be...
BadPvtDan
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Post by BadPvtDan »

I don't think we can fix that. I have UT and there are some anomalies-and I created the package!
"The first rule of Zombieland: Cardio. When the zombie outbreak first hit, the first to go, for obvious reasons... were the fatties."
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by MIKE JG »

Have you tried removing the landclass and mesh files from the Kaneohe Bay scenery itself and just running it with the afcad and scenery objects? I don't know if that will work but it's a thought.

Problem is like Steve said, we can't design a scenery that will work with every single user's setup. We have to strive for default FS9 and hope it works with other addons.

I will say that many of us as contributers and staff have UT for either the USA or Europe or both and that generally our sceneries seem to work with the UT add on as well but not all of them.

Certainly creating scenery that's directly on a coastline is going to be a bit tricky.
-Mike G.

theoklahomaaviator
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Firebird wrote:Guys,
When you say that the ground around the base is messed up, can you give us more info as to how exactly.

The trouble that we have is that for maximum accessibility all of our packs are done for default scenery, or we add our own. The problem is that we can't cater for every possible add-on combination.

Now that is not to say that we can't try and fix or at least improve the problem that you have.

That is with ultimate terrain, note the autogen on the taxiway.

Mike I am sure you are already aware of this I am just wanted to clarify for Firebird. Thanks guys, Any help is very much appreciated! This AB used to be one of my favorite to fly from but I got tired of the default scenery. This new scenery is awesome, just not so compatible with UT USA Thanks again,
Adam
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by MIKE JG »

That's funny, cause this is what it looks like in my sim, and I have UT USA as well. Question is, does UT USA cover Hawaii as well?

(waiting for sim to fire up to take picture)
-Mike G.

theoklahomaaviator
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

[img][img]http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk90 ... ture-9.jpg[/img][/img]

Here is what the entire area looks like, I do not know if UT USA covers Hawaii or not... I just assumed it did
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by MIKE JG »

Hmm.......here is what it looks like on my setup.

So the next step is for me to unistall the files, download the package and re-install the files again to see if I can reproduce the results.
-Mike G.

theoklahomaaviator
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

it looks like you have Ground Environment installed as well...??? I wonder if that is where the difference in land classes is coming from?
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by MIKE JG »

Seems like you are either missing some landclass or mesh files from the scenery download.

Of course in the many weeks and months of testing and developing these packages, sometimes the package that resides on my system has files that the released version does not.

Actually the re-released version is not up yet, but I have it and so I'll check it against what I've got.
-Mike G.

MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by MIKE JG »

Oh yea, forgot I had that. That may be making the difference. Still lemme check the released version.
-Mike G.