The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

MCBH Kaneohe Bay by MAIW Versions 1 and 2 only

Post all questions and problems with official MAIW Packages for FS9 in this forum. Each package has a dedicated thread for support.
theoklahomaaviator
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by theoklahomaaviator »

note that I have RealEnvironment Pro installed too which is why we have different tarmac textures... and are you saying I am missing MAIW files or UT files?
BadPvtDan
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Post by BadPvtDan »

MiKe is the support guru! I have UT and GE as well.
"The first rule of Zombieland: Cardio. When the zombie outbreak first hit, the first to go, for obvious reasons... were the fatties."
theoklahomaaviator
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

BadPvtDan wrote:MiKe is the support guru! I have UT and GE as well.
Well the support is much appreciated!!! you guys need a money donation drop box... MAIW=BEST freeware site on the net!!!
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Post by MIKE JG »

Alright Adam, just installed the scenery again, this time straight from the download package, the new version which isn't available yet. I get no changes, everything is exactly the same.

So here's a list of the 23 files you should have in your Kaneohe Bay scenery folder:

Compare these to what you have.
Attachments
fsscr000.jpg
fsscr000.jpg (66.23 KiB) Viewed 1148 times
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
theoklahomaaviator
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Mine is the same Mike. I bet it is because I don't have GE
EDIT: I don't know though, because I have a lot more roads in there than you do... should I delete and reinstall the scenery? possible corrupted file?
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by MIKE JG »

Yea possibly. You might have to wait a day or so to re-install as the original packaged version is no longer available.

I believe the landclass and mesh files John created for this package should have taken care of issues like this.

If you look at the difference in our pictures, I seem to have different landclass to the left of the runway than you do.
-Mike G.

theoklahomaaviator
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Ok, I'll just stick around the new Lemoore scenery :wink: until the new version of this is out. We'll go from there, thanks Mike!
Sloeber
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FS9

Post by Sloeber »

Thanks for the replies guys, I'll go with Trial and error then...
It's gonna be a hell of a lot of work, as there's lots of scenery in there... ;)
Scooby1
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Scooby1 »

Seems as though if you remove the kaneohe landclass and mesh files, it will work with the Megacity scenery, however, its not properly aligned with the megacity scenery, causing it to still partially be in the water, but it does look better than it did...
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Blimey when I last looked we were only on page 2 :shock: .

I have read through the thread so far. and I seem to remember that landclasses have to be as low down as possible, i.e. below any scenery. As I am not on my main 'puter at the moment I can't be sure but try putting the base scenery lower than any UT scenery or megascenery that you have.

I think, that the lowest get loaded first, of course I could have it the wrong way around but you will soon know. I am sure that Mike can check his list to see the order he has them, that will be the way to ensure the same outcome. If the problem persists, I seem to remember various scenery packages stating that supplied landclasses should be in a separate folder and a lower priority than the scenery.

When I have come across this I have always copied them to my \Scenery\BASE\Scenery folder try that if the first idea doesn't work.
Steve
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

Post by Victory103 »

Following the thread, and I will download the new version. With my testing last night, everything seemed fine but some of the scenery seemed "off". Base Ops was in the grass, along with the prop wash deflectors. Great job on the LHA deck markings, gotta get one or two USMC CH-53's working that.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
theoklahomaaviator
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

AHHHH HAH!!! I moved my Ultimate Terrain folders down below the MAIW folders (all of them) in the FS9 addon scenery list and landclass problem solved :wink: thanks MAIW![/img]
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by MIKE JG »

Yea, they should be down below any add on scenery you have. That goes for any kind of scenery like UT. Remember that FS9 scenery exists in layers. So everything must be in the appropriate layer to show correctly. Things like coastlines and landclass should be below anything else that might potentially sit on top of it.

IIRC, the scenery layers start at the very bottom with terrain mesh, literally a wire frame grid. On top of that FS9 layers the landclass textures giving you the basic ground scenery. On top of that, you then get the roads, rivers, and railroad tracks. Then airport background grass polygons and so on. Eventually you arrive at the top layer which should always be your Addon Scenery folder. That way any scenery that is included inside that main folder will sit on the very top layer and will always show up. This is why we put afcad files in the Addon Scenery/Scenery folder, so they always sit on the very top of all the other scenery.

Glad you got it figured out Adam.
-Mike G.

flyerkg
Major
Major

Post by flyerkg »

I previously had my custom 2-part AFCADs aligned with Mega Scenery and now I will need to re-do my Ch-53 parking area which partially appear under one of the hangars. I believe I can make some of these fixes work.
Ed4planes
Cadet
Cadet

Kanoehe Bay

Post by Ed4planes »

So I have dont see the Kanoehe Bay package in the download section. Im assuming that you are going to re release it soon?

Thanks
ED
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Thats right, we are triple checking at the moment.
Steve
blazerk5
Cadet
Cadet

Crashes Sim

Post by blazerk5 »

Hi,
Just to let you know, I can not load the airport scenery unless I disable the file "Kaneohe_Default_Poly_Exclude.VTPL.BGL". This is happening in both packages 1 and 2.
Any idea why?
Tim
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Hi Tim,
Way back on page 2 of this thread I mentioned to Sloeber about my personal experiences with VTP errors. Have a read, I have had a couple of causes. Both are a pain, one is a conflict with a mesh or another addon scenery, the other is a corrupted FS9 library.

Its probably easier to diagnose the corruption. Simply untick ALL of your addon scenery, EXCEPT K Bay, ensure that no mesh is active, be it fsgenesis, fs global or third party (you may have to move files temporarily for this, i.e. fsgenesis goes in \Scenery\World\scenery).
Then ensuring that ALL the K Bay files are enabled and load FS9 and see if the scenery loads. IF it does then its unlikely to be an FS9 corruption, but then comes the hard part of determining what it conflicts with. I would then add back all mesh, except anything for Hawaii, and retry. Continue on that track until it fails to load you should then have your problem.

Of course if it fails the first test then there is only one course of action. Good luck and let us know what you find as it will undoubtedly help others.
Steve
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Joseph29 »

I was just looking over the flightplans for this package and found something that I don't understand.

This is for one of the Gulfstream 4's.

1/20:28:53,2/05:26:22,320,F,0052,ROTM,
3/13:59:21,3/15:22:25,260,F,0052,RJOI,
4/21:58:53,5/06:15:13,330,F,0052,PHNG,
6/20:29:35,6/20:44:35,100,F,0052,PHNG,
6/21:17:35,6/21:32:35,100,F,0052,PHNG

At the end of that plan why is PHNG there 3 times in a row? Is that so the plane stays there over the weekend?
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Joseph,
Its not quite what it seems in that its the destination airfield, so in fact there is only two back to back local trips. This could simulate anything that the flight plan writer wants, from a sortie shortened due to a problem, a quick currency flight, famil trip etc.
Fortunately we don't require the planners to explain trips and whilst they are not the norm we do have similar trips in most packages.
Steve