The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

MCBH Kaneohe Bay by MAIW Versions 1 and 2 only

Post all questions and problems with official MAIW Packages for FS9 in this forum. Each package has a dedicated thread for support.
DaveB at EGCC
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by DaveB at EGCC »

Many thanks John.

DaveB
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Post by MIKE JG »

OK guys, I've confirmed that those textures are indeed missing from version 2 of this package. That is our error.

The reason not everyone is getting these CTD errors is because they probably have those same two files installed from the Hill AFB scenery. If you have that scenery installed, those two texture files would already be in your FS9/Texture folder and therefore you would not be getting these crashes.

Additionally if you installed the first version of this package, you also should already have those files installed so again, you wouldn't be getting the CTD's that new installers are getting.

So this problem is affecting users who:
1) Didn't install version 1 previously
2) Do not have the MAIW Hill AFB package installed

So if you are in that category, you have my sincerest apoligies as I was responsible for packaging up version 2 and testing it. But since I already had those two texture files installed, I did not get the CTDs that some of you are seeing.

Ahh the many variables associated with trying to test these packages out. :roll:

So we'll see if John can get those textures to you. In the meantime we will work on Version 3 for this package. :oops:
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

Parking help!

Post by Joseph29 »

I am having trouble with where the 2 Gulfstream 4's of this package are parking. In the AFCAD there are 2 spots provided for the planes but they are not parking there.

I have the code VR51 in the 2 spaces and I have the spaces as MIL_CARGO with a radius of 14.00 (m). The Gulfstreams have the code VR51 and have a radius of 13.00 (m), but they are not parking in the spaces. I even moved those 2 spaces up to the top of the parking list.

Any ideas as to why these planes are not parking in the spaces provided?
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by MIKE JG »

Hmmm.......check their parking types, (MIL_CARGO) make sure they match the afcad spot and in the CFG entry.
-Mike G.

MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by MIKE JG »

OK version 2 of this package will be coming down off of avsim as soon as we can get them to pull it. Seems we're having all sorts of fun trying to get this one correct. Again I apologize to everyone for this. If version 3 isn't correct, I'm quitting I swear. :D

Once we're happy that version 3 is finally correct, we'll put it back up on avsim.
-Mike G.

Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

Post by Joseph29 »

What will be updated/corrected with version 3? I have version 2 installed and everything seem fine. (well except for the Gulfstream parking problem)
MIKE JG wrote:Hmmm.......check their parking types, (MIL_CARGO) make sure they match the afcad spot and in the CFG entry.
They match.

There are 3 spots in the AFCAD that do not have any codes. It seems those 2 Gulfstreams are parking in the spots without any codes. :?:

I guess I could add some codes to those spots to see if that forces the planes to park in the correct spots.
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by MIKE JG »

That might do the trick. Also if those empty spots have a lower parking spot number than the coded ones, that might cause that as well. It shouldn't but it might.

The fixes in version 3 :roll: will be to add the two missing texture files to the FS9/Scenery/World/Texture folder that are causing CTD's by not being there in version 2.

If you installed the Hill AFB scenery, then you already have these textures. If you installed version 1 of this package, then you might also already have these textures installed in the correct folder. I can't be 100% sure about version 1 since I personally never downloaded it from avsim. But somehow those very important textures got left out of version 2 which is my fault.

Also V3 will give you the latest version of the P-3 model which will address some night lighting issues for the model itself.

Once we get it out, I will explain how to cherry pick out the updated files if that's all you need so you don't have to do an entire new installation.
-Mike G.

JohnStinstrom
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran
Version: FS9

Post by JohnStinstrom »

Just a thought Joseph but the parking size has a higher priority than the parking slot number. If you reduce the parking size by one meter that might do it for you.
DaveB at EGCC
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by DaveB at EGCC »

Up and running now!! thanks to all for your help

DaveB
Sloeber
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FS9

Post by Sloeber »

Works for me as well, those two missing files did the trick.
Thanks guys!
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by MIKE JG »

Guys I'm locking this thread as version 3 is now available and I will start a dedicated support thread for that version.
-Mike G.